This charming and quiet apartment will give you the feeling of being home whilst visiting Amsterdam.
The atmosphere of the apartment is authentic and warm with its French oak floor, impressive wooden beamed ceiling and arched windows. The French windows in the living room provide panoramic, tranquilizing views over the canal.
The apartment is located in a 17th century brewery, just around the corner of the Scheepvaart Museum (Maritiem Museum) and the Ooster Church, both built by the Dutch architect Daniel Stalpaert. The rear side of the building is built in the water.
You'll find all comforts of home: a bedroom with a kingsize double bed, a comfortable livingroom with a corner sofa, a dining area, a fully equipped open kitchen and a bathroom with a tub and a sink. There is a separate toilet.
The quiet surroundings and the WIFI / ADSL internet connection make this apartment very suitable not just for relaxing but also for working.
The apartment has:
- one bedroom with a kingsize double bed
- a living room with a corner sofa (single sofa bed)
- a dining area
- a fully equipped open kitchen with among others a gas cooker, microwave, oven, fridge, toaster, coffee maker, pots and pans and an iron and board
- a washing machine
- cable TV, DVD and CD player + a collection of DVD's and CD's
- WIFI / ADSL high speed internet connection (bring your own computer)
- a bathroom with a tub and a sink
- linen and towels and a hairdryer
- central heating
- located on the 3rd floor in a building with an elevator
The apartment is situated in the historical center of Amsterdam, in the opposite of the beautifull historical dock 't Kromhout, nowadays a museum and around the corner of the Scheepvaart Museum (Maritiem Museum).
It is surrounded by old warehouses converted into luxurious flats and houseboats.
It is on about 10 minutes walking distance of the Central Station.
Close to the apartment you'll find:
- the Scheepvaart Museum (Maritiem Museum)
- the Stedelijk Museum, Museum of Modern Art, temporarily located in the old post office
- "Elf", a restaurant -lounge club, located on the 11th floor of the old post office with panoramic views over Amsterdam!
- The Entrepotdok with old warehouses built in 1830, nowadays in use as houses
- The Kadijksplein with several good restaurants, i.e. A Tavola
- The Rapenburgerplein with views on the beautifull steel drawbridge over the Scharrebier lock. The typical Café Scharrebier
- The daily open air flea market Waterlooplein
- The city's Zoo Artis with the Africa savanne
- The antique mill "de Gooyer", a former flourmill
- The brewery 't IJ with a tasting bar next to it with a big terrace, usually very busy on warm summer afternoons
- The Hortus Botanicus, one of the oldest botanical gardens in the world, a quiet and peacefull oasis with 6000 different plants
- The Central Station on about 10 minutes walking distance
- Pick-up point of canal cruises in front ot the Central Station
|Nov 09 2015||Mar 01 2016||€145||€145||€1,015||-||-|
|Deposits: We require a refundable deposit against breakages of 150 euro.|
|Payment Options: PayPal|
|Other Fees: Fee for final cleaning is 45 euro (1-2 persons) or 55 euro (3 persons)|
Reviews for this vacation apartment rental in Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
San Francisco, CA
Great Apartment Stay, Amsterdam
December 17, 2006
My partner and I just stayed here for a nice 4 day weekend. The apartment was very comfortable, nicely decorated, the kitchen had all utensils to prepare meals, the bed was very comfortable, plenty of heat to keep the Amsterdam chill outside. Nice selection of CD's and the view of the canal was an extra bonus. Highspeed, Wireless, WiFi made it very easy for us to work vs having to look for and pay for an internet cafe(bring you own laptop) The building has plenty of charm, very secure, elevator, and the neighborhod is more residential than tourist (which we liked) .A grocery store is just one block away and a couple little food shops and restaurants are nearby. It is only a 20minute walk from the apartment to Central Station, bus service is very near. In short I'd stay here again and plan to do so on my next visit to Amsterdam!