About Sanibel Island
Choose an event and save the date so you’re in Sanibel Island at the right time. This island community has plenty of events planned throughout the year. Choose from the many Sanibel Island condo rentals available for your family, located conveniently near the planned events.
- Island Hopper Songwriter Fest: In late September and early October, Sanibel Island hops with the Island Hopper Songwriter Fest. Book one of the Sanibel Island house rentals and attend free music shows scheduled over two weekends. Get to know bands and artists in this laid-back, intimate setting.
- National Public Lands Day: Sanibel Island celebrates National Public Lands Day in late September. Explore the island on a guided hike, attend recycled craft programs, and watch a showing of “Addicted to Plastic” to learn about the dangers of disposable plastic bottles in the ocean.
- Ding Darling Days: Visit Sanibel Beach in October for a week of Ding Darling Days. Sanibel Island vacation rentals provide easy access to the beach events. With a focus on ecology and the environment, you can enjoy family activities such as kayaking tours, tram tours, wildlife presentations, and a conservation art day.
- Luminary Night: Celebrate the holiday season at Sanibel Island’s Luminary Night. Held each year during the first weekend in December, merchants along Periwinkle Way line the street with paper bag luminaries. Enjoy refreshments and extended shopping hours to spread holiday cheer.
- New Year’s Eve: Ring in the New Year on Sanibel Island. Spread a blanket and sit on the Lighthouse Beach for a clear view of fireworks over the Gulf set off in nearby Fort Myers, FL. The Sanibel Recreation Center plans a night of family fun on New Year’s Eve with activities for the entire family to enjoy.