'Villa Athina' elegant vacation villa near the sea
|Per week||£900 - £1,200|
With one king en-suite, one double and 2 twin bedrooms, the house is perfect for large families or groups of fiends. Ideal destination for enjoying the beautiful sandy beaches with the crystal clear sea of Porto Rafti, while experiencing the Greek culture, cuisine and sightseeing many historic places including: Athens (35 minutes), Sounio (20min), Marathon, Delphi, Corinth or hopping to many Greek islands from the ports of Lavrio, Rafina and Piraeus.
This villa has a lovely garden and a large patio with table and chairs, parasol, sun loungers and a free standing barbecue.
The 2 L-shaped large balconies of the house, have open views to the sea and impressive mountains. The top balcony is particularly breezy and panoramic and for this reason we have added a table and chairs for your enjoyment.
Villa Athina also has a secure gated parking area and unlimited street parking.
We are located some 1000 metres from the sea front with a choice of many lovely beaches, fish tavernas, clubs, bars, open air cinemas, exquisite shops and restaurants. The area is famous for its excellent local wine while you can buy freshly caught fish every day.
Staying at the villa you can reach many beautiful and varied beaches:
- The long sandy beach of 'Avlaki' run by the local authority with lifeguards and lifeboat, showers, parasols, changing rooms, first aid room and bar. The water is really shallow currently holding the European blue flag for cleanliness. Perfect for families (charge for daily stay: 6 euro per adult and 3.50 euro per child)
- Many pebbly and rocky beaches (free) with sea creatures your kids can search for and catch. Nets provided. We also have beach rackets and sand toys for young children.
_ The 'Panorama beach' (free) with benches for you to sit or lie (but bring your own sand mats and towels), really shallow and children friendly, with a lovely family taverna and bar for cold drinks and ice-cream.
- The long sandy beach of Saint Spyridona (free) with plenty of parking, tavernas and a small church. Close to the 'Kastro bar' which is worth a visit for the breath taking views.
- The Erotospilia = 'Love cave' (free) fantastic long sandy beach with pine trees, ideal for diving as the sea becomes sharply deeper after a couple of meters. There is a bar with cold drinks and snacks.
All main local amenities such as open-air cinemas, clubs and bars, pattisseries and coffee shops, doctors and chemists, supermarkets and designer boutiques are within 5 minutes drive from our villa.
There is a mini-market and a traditional Greek taverna just 3-5 minutes walk away.
For those interested to explore the area further or partake of different activities, there is plenty nearby to see and do:
- visit the pine forest of Kouvaras with its many monasteries and picnic area - worth also trying the monk's wine
- make an evening outing to 'Kastro' bar for a refreshing drink and enjoy the breathtaking views of Porto Rafti bay.
- sample a variety of water sports and other activities nearby
- surf and have some yachting lessons
- hire a sailing boat or canoe
- visit the local zoological park of Attica
- play golf at the famous Glyfada Golf Club of Athens
- go island-hopping from nearby ports of Lavrio, Rafina and Piraeus.
- visit the local open air fresh fruit and vegetable markets
As Porto Rafti is surrounded by hills its weather is somewhat distinct from the rest of Attica and the climate is typically Mediterranean and resembles that of the Aegean Islands with relatively mild winters and hot dry summers.
There are many ancient sites and temples that you can visit, just a few minutes drive away. They include:
* the impressive temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio (20 min)
* the temple of Artemis in Vravrona with the museum (7 km)
* the burial mound and museum of Marathon, and of course
* Athens with the Parthenon, the flea market and the many museums (38 Km).
* Corinth, Epidavrus, Delphi and many more ancient sites offer further possibilities for an exciting day out.
We will provide you with written comprehensive information about the area, trip ideas and tips and will be happy to help you during your stay, in any way we can.
|Sep 17 2015||Oct 15 2015||-||-||£900||-||1 Week|
|Oct 16 2015||Nov 01 2015||-||-||£950||-||1 Week|
|Dec 18 2015||Jan 10 2016||-||-||£1,200||-||1 Week|
|Apr 15 2016||May 07 2016||-||-||£1,100||-||1 Week|
|May 08 2016||Jun 16 2016||-||-||£900||-||1 Week|
|Jun 17 2016||Sep 16 2016||-||-||£1,100||-||1 Week|
|View all periods|
|: 4 p.m. : 10 a.m.|
|Deposits: 50% booking deposit required to secure your booking. Prices are for up to 8 people to stay at the villa for 7 nights. The villa sleeps a maximum of 8 people plus a baby in an added cot. For smaller groups of up to 6, we offer special discounts at times - please inquire. 300 (three hundred GB pounds) or 400 euro refundable damage deposit required. Payment by direct bank transfer only and/or partly by cash upon arrival|
|Other Fees: None|
We were ten girls from Norway that had a wonderful stay at "Villa Athina" in Porto Rafti. The house was in high standard, which made us relax and enjoy our holiday. We really loved the outside garden and patio area where we had long breakfasts and late evening meals - the temperature at night is wonderful!
Our hosts were very helpful to us any time we needed something or wanted some information. They almost became our "greek mom and dad", - that made us feel safe during our stay.
If you want to combine beach, sun, culture and wonderful greek food, city life in Athens while staying in a cool place near the sea then we recommend this house. Porto Rafti is a hidden treasure!
Maria Norway. July 30, 2010
Recommended especially for: Adventure Seekers, Girls Getaway, Tourists without a Car, Families with Teenagers
"The Villa Athina was a great place in many different ways. The location was wonderful only about 10 to 15 minutes walking distance from the beach and night life and only 5 minutes from the supermarket. We enjoyed sitting on the balconies and the back patio with the view of the beautiful garden. The rooms were very spacious, clean and very modern. We had 8 people in our party and we all fit very comfortably. There were enough bathrooms to meet our needs while getting ready for the day. Our hosts were absolutely wonderful, very nice and friendly. They helped in every way they could to make our stay very pleasant. We highly recommend renting a car while staying here. It is in a great location but it is very helpful to have a car to go to all the different places in Greece."
Jenny W. Ohio June 2009
The welcome was a very warm one, the house was very comfortable and we had all we needed for an enjoyable holiday. Very good value for money, considering the standard of the accommodation and its superb location. The information pack was invaluable and I would like to thank you for your kindness, hospitality, care and willingness to give of your time to ensure that we had a memorable introduction to Greece.
Joan and Neil, N Ireland, 22 Sept - 06 Oct 2008.