Let’s get right to it.
1. Do a clam or lobster bake. (Duh)
2. Go on a bike ride along the Route 130 Mashpee Bikeway that snakes past the Wampanoag Museum and the Mashpee River herring run. Make sure to fill your beach cruiser’s basket with picnic goodies like artisan cheeses and carrot cake cupcakes (or whatever it is the “Barefoot Contessa” could whip up in one hour.).
3. Build sandcastles at South Cape Beach or John’s Pond.
4. Take the kids on a nature walk hosted by the Town of Mashpee. You’ll stroll through the woodlands and explore the marshes, streams, ponds and bogs in this lush landscape.
5. Rent this Mashpee vacation home. No, not all Cape Cod rentals are weathered versions as old as Eunice Kennedy. For $1,500 a week through the end of June, you’ll have this three-bedroom, three-bathroom new construction house that peeks out to John’s Pond, a large freshwater pond that beckons with its clean, sparkling waters. You may not be a Kennedy, but you can certainly live like one.