Truly Enjoyed our Stay!
September 12, 2015
We just returned from a ten-day vacation in Hawaii and enjoyed staying at Lehua. It was in the perfect location to base out of while we did day jaunts to town (Honolulu/Waikiki) or North Shore areas.
It's an older house in Ewa Beach - and honestly, the neighborhood looks a wee bit sketchy - but there's a fence on the property and not once did I feel uncomfortable. I read one review of the house getting broken into so we were just cautious and took our electronics with us and locked the house when we left.
There are two bedrooms with A/C and the third is really a room off the living room with two twin beds - no AC and not a private room. There were three fans so my daughter and her fiance slept in that room with all three fans going. Because of the effects from the hurricanes, the weather is HUMID. So other than the two bedrooms, the house was HOT. But that's not a reflection on the house - just residual from the weather.
- Great communication with Rick on booking the house
- Ocean front. Nothing else to say! Okay, so the sand has eroded and there's just rocks but the backyard is OCEAN FRONT. So nice having a cup of coffee in the morning, watching the sun rise over Honolulu and enjoying the spray.
- Fully stocked kitchen. Not food-wise but plenty of dishes, cookware and the like.
- Plenty of towels - both beach and regular towels.
- Washer and dryer - to wash all those towels after daily excursions to the beach.
- A few items like beach chairs, boogie boards, snorkels, beach umbrella (though it was broken when we opened it)
- Gated yard.
- BBQ grill (though we didn't use it)
- No real third bedroom
- No A/C in the house
- Sketchy neighborhood
Because my ohana is from Hawaii and my father and brother (and his family) still live there, Rick approved us having a small family gathering. My brother, his wife, two sons, daughter in law, and two grandkids along with my dad got together for the most enjoyable evening ever! Though my brother and his family were roasting in the heat - apparently they live central Oahu in Wahiawa where it's cooler, lol.
There is a neighborhood dog who visited us a couple of times and I suspect he is the one who left us presents on the grass in the morning, but as I was missing my two pups back home, I didn't mind picking it up. Just FYI for others who will stay at Lehua.
Mahalo, Rick (and Danielle and Kim). We will be back and will hope to stay at Lehua again.
Val June, Bay Area, CA
See all reviews