Anaheim, CA Travel Tips
Chances are good that if you're planning a family vacation in Southern California's Orange County, you're at least considering Disneyland. But don't be too hasty booking L.A. hotels. If you want your family to have a one of a kind vacation, avoid the glitzy tourist traps and stay in the charming city that's the real home to Disney - Anaheim. It's perfectly nestled near the City of Angels with all the best beaches in easy reach, and San Diego is a mere day trip away.
Complete the unique experience with one of our Anaheim vacation rentals by owner. The right Anaheim vacation rental can set the tone for the whole trip. Plus, it gives you a comfortable launching point for all your adventures, keeping SoCal at your fingertips while offering a relaxed, homey setting to return to. Rent Anaheim vacation rentals online today and save. Our tips guide will help you begin planning your trip and consider Anaheim rental homes for your family.
While it isn't split into neighborhoods, there are a few things worth noting when looking for vacation rentals in Anaheim, CA. Downtown is historic and quiet, perfect for any family looking for Anaheim house rentals without the hustle and bustle of Disney. Most houses for rent in Anaheim are in the Platinum Triangle, which is evolving from a "concrete jungle" to a chic urban center; the area is popular thanks to its proximity to Disney.
- Disneyland: Anaheim lives and breathes Disney, but it's worth it. Check with the city visitor center for deals and add a little magic to your trip.
- Knott's Berry Farm and Soak City: Don't let the name fool you - this is the oldest theme park in the country that was home to the first modern rollercoaster, the Corkscrew. Knott's will turn kids of all ages upside down with laughs, and don't miss the adjacent water park.
- Legoland: It's a bit of a drive - just outside San Diego - but it's literally built for kids to play!
- Discovery Science Center: Located in nearby Santa Ana, it's always got something new, and there are plenty of hands-on exhibits for kids.
To See & Do
- On a budget: There are plenty of free or cheap attractions, such as the Bowers Museum and the Fullerton Arboretum [subject to individual schedules]. The stand out attraction is the Great Park Balloon Rides.
- Beaches: There's no shortage in SoCal. Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are only a few, and every beach has its own activities, whether its surfing, kayaking, or long walks.
- Theme parks: Disney and Knott's aren't the only ones. Universal Studios Hollywood and Sea World San Diego offer completely different options for fun.
- Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure: There are few dinner-and-a-show restaurants that can top the interactive family fun that these two offer. Step into a different time, eat a hearty meal, and watch knights or pirates battle it out.
- San Diego and L.A.: One of the best parts about vacation houses for rent in Anaheim is that you don't have to miss out on the experiences of nearby locales. Whether you want to take a tour of Hollywood or the zoo at Griffith Park in L.A., or the Children's Museum and San Diego Zoo, it's all only a car ride away.
When to Visit
Orange County is temperate, making it perfect for year-round options of vacation rentals. Anaheim and adjacent cities are busiest on major holidays and peak season, i.e., May through September. Off-season is January through March, but that means fewer crowds, and maybe a little rain. The rest of the year is pleasant, if chilly at night, and perfect for catching an Angels of Anaheim or Anaheim Ducks game. Orange County has events and festivals year round for everything from food, to music, to Gray Whale watching. If you select one of our listed vacation rentals, Anaheim, CA will not disappoint!