Boone Vacation Rentals, Homes, & More
3 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms / Sleeps 6
Boone, NC Travel Tips
If your family loves skiing, hiking, white-water rafting, or just scenic mountain views, you’ll have an amazing time visiting Boone, NC! Cabin rentals are the perfect way to experience Boone. North Carolina cabin rentals put you right in the middle of nature, allowing you to see picturesque mountain sunsets and go for long evening walks in nature. Choosing to stay in a rental home leased by owner is a great idea for families because they are just as clean and comfortable as your own home. Because of the beautiful location, cabin rentals in Boone, NC, tend to fill up fast, so book your reservation online ahead of time to save your spot!
For tourists staying in Boone, NC, cabin rentals, the best way to get around the area is by car. Boone is a busy college town, so public transportation is also readily available. You could also rent a bike: There are many local shops in the area that cater to cyclists.
There are so many great areas to check out while visiting Boone! Vacation rentals are an easy way to make your trip so much cozier than if you stayed in a traditional hotel. Mountain cabins allow tourists to see all that the area has to offer, like these fun local attractions:
- Grandfather Mountain is a must-see when staying in Boone cabin rentals! Located in Linville, NC, this beautiful spot is the highest point in the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are so many things for families to do at Grandfather Mountain: Go for a hike, visit the swinging bridge, or check out the amazing wildlife habitats.
- Mystery Hill: Admission to Mystery Hill includes four attractions: the Mystery House, the Appalachian Heritage Museum, the Hall of Mystery, and the American Artifacts Museum.
For families staying in nearby cabin rentals, Boone, NC, offers tons of fun adventures! Check out a few favorites below:
- White-water rafting is a great way to have an adventure in Boone. Remember that rafting is best during spring or summer, especially after a period of rainfall.
- Zip-lining is a one-of-a-kind way to experience the NC mountains. There are several local zip-lining companies that will send you soaring above the treetops.
- Skiing and tubing are some of the best ways for adventurous families to have fun in the mountains. With the highest mountains east of the Rockies, NC has some of the best skiing locations in the South.
- The Boone Greenway is a remarkable hiking trail along the New River. It is open year-round, and admission is free.
Fun with Kids
Kids are sure to enjoy their stay in Boone, NC, rentals. With a children’s museum, a local amusement park, and much more nearby, kids will definitely have a memorable visit!
- Gem mining: Gem mining is a staple in the mountains. A favorite for tourists, these mining locations will give you a bucket and let your kids go to town! As a bonus, they will even polish and preserve your gems for you.
- Tweetsie Railroad is fun for the whole family! Enjoy live shows, rides, a petting zoo, and, of course, trains.
- The Children’s Playhouse offers lots of activities for young children to keep busy.
Tourists interested in cabin rentals in Boone, NC, would probably love to know about the area’s annual festivals and events. The Boone Apple Festival and Daniel Boone Days are two of the best events the region has to offer.
- The Boone Apple Festival (October): This annual event is a great way to see the local fall foliage and sample delicious NC apple butter.
- Daniel Boone Days (September) is a fairly new event, but it’s a wonderful way to get to know the region. It offers events related to Appalachian culture and local food and music.