Bucerias, Mexico Travel Tips
Bucerias, Mexico, is a quiet island inhabited by native Mexicans and transplants from the United States. It is well-known for its slow pace and charming village-like atmosphere. Families visiting the area will find that Bucerias vacation rentals are the best way to get the most out of their Mexican vacation. Bucerias rentals are clean, comfortable, and private, much like your own home! Families who choose to lease Bucerias rentals by owner find that they are much more convenient than traditional hotels. And with Vacation Home Rentals, Bucerias, Mexico, vacations can be cheaper, too. You can save a bundle when you book rentals in Bucerias, Mexico, from us!
Taxis and buses are readily available in Bucerias. For those interested in car rentals, Bucerias, Mexico, offers local services for your convenience. It is best to book your car rental ahead of time online to save money and time.
There are tons of activities to do while visiting Bucerias! Vacation rentals allow families the freedom to explore their environment with no restrictions. Parents will love the convenient locations of our rentals in Bucerias, Mexico. Kids can play all day on the beach and return home at the end of the day without having to endure a long drive back to the hotel.
- The Marieta Islands: This group of isolated volcanic islands is accessible via an hour boat ride from Puerto Vallarta. Those who love water activities will be excited to know that the Islas Marietas provide some of the best snorkeling and diving in Central America.
- Bahia de Banderas (Banderas Bay): At nearly 50 miles wide, the Bahia de Banderas is the biggest bay in Mexico. Here, you can find warm waters and local wildlife like iguanas, parrots, crocodiles, and more.
Fun with Kids
Kids are sure to have a blast in Bucerias. Stroll through the open market, go for an afternoon of whale-watching, and then search the beach for baby sea turtles: It’s sure to be a vacation they’ll never forget!
- Bucerias Centro Open Market: Located in the heart of Bucerias is the open-air market, perfect for families interested in buying local crafts.
- Whale-Watching is great in the Bucerias area! Whales love the warm waters of the bay. Peak season is from November to March.
- Sea Turtles: From June to December, watch protected baby sea turtles make their way to the ocean.
Things to Do
There are so many things in Bucerias to keep active families busy! Adventure tours, deep-sea fishing, and paddle surfing are just a few of the fun activities you can try during your stay.
- Land Tours: Get to know the area with a walking history tour or an adventure tour on ATVs, horseback, or off-road vehicles.
- Sea Tours are a fun way to learn more about Bucerias while swimming with dolphins, diving, or taking a sunset cruise.
- Deep-Sea Fishing is popular year-round in Bucerias! Fish for marlin, yellowfin tuna, and wahoo.
- Paddle Surfing: Rent a board from one of the local companies and try your hand at stand-up paddle surfing!
Families might be interested in visiting the area and staying in our vacation rentals during some of the most popular events in Bucerias, like the Bucerias Festival and the annual Huichol Festival.
- The Bucerias Festival (January) is a ten-day festival featuring a parade, kiddie rides, food, and much more.
- The Annual Wixaritari Tateikie Huichol Festival (March): Located just 20 minutes away in Puerto Vallarta is the annual Huichol Festival. Celebrate the culture of this ancient people with local food, dancing, and entertainment.