California Vacation Rentals
- Agoura Hills (1)
- Los Angeles (16)
- Pasadena (2)
- Venice (4)
- Beverly Hills (2)
- Malibu (6)
- Redondo Beach (4)
- Venice Beach (16)
- Hermosa Beach (7)
- Manhattan Beach (2)
- Santa Monica (9)
- West Hollywood (2)
- Hollywood (6)
- Marina del Rey (3)
- Studio City (3)
- Woodland Hills (1)
- Hollywood Hills (5)
- North Hollywood (1)
- Valley Village (2)
- Wrightwood (1)
- Long Beach (1)
- Oak Park (1)
California is the home of Mickey Mouse, surfing, and local vintages. Guests staying in California vacation rentals enjoy the incredible weather, fantastic scenery, and colorful communities that make California what it is.
Nature lovers flock to Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, and Lake Tahoe vacation rentals. Guests staying in mountain rental homes can choose from different sized homes, some small enough for a romantic getaway and others large enough for family reunions. California mountain rentals offer skiers a chance to get west coast snow under their belts.
Urbanites prefer getting rental homes in Davis CA and other rental properties such as Palm Springs vacation rentals, homes in Sacramento, and San Jose rentals. Rental homes in Sacramento CA include both modest condos and large family vacation homes.
Regions in California
California has the following regions:
- Shasta Cascade
- North Coast
- Wine Country
- Gold Country
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Central Coast
- Central Valley
- Sierra Nevada - for Lake Tahoe vacation rentals
- Los Angeles
- Orange Country
- Inland Empire
- San Diego Vacation Rentals
Sightseeing in California
Consider the following sightseeing opportunities while in California:
- In San Francisco visit the extraordinary Asian Art Museum. Walk down Lombard Street (the “World’s Crookedest Street”). Alcatraz is also a big tourist attraction. Stay in San Ramon since it is only 35 miles east of San Francisco.
- Vacationers staying in Los Angeles have much to do between Disneyland, studio tours, the beaches and downtown. Malibu rentals and Venice vacation homes are popular with beach goers.
- San Diego vacation rentals offer warm weather year round. Guests enjoy the fun Mexican flavor due to the southwest location.
Outdoor Fun in California
Here are some great ideas for enjoying the outdoors when visiting California:
- Beach rentals are super when planning trips to Huntington, Newport or Laguna Beaches. Visitors can choose from Cambria vacation rentals, Sunset Beach rentals, and Malibu rentals. Even if you are looking for that perfect Newport Beach property, you can find it through Vacation Home Rentals.
- Visit the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Wild Animal Park (30 miles north east of San Diego). San Diego vacation rentals include budget minded apartments and large San Diego home rentals. San Diego vacation rentals offer quick access to the beaches, Mexico, and historic downtown San Diego.
For families with young children, California often means Disneyland! Spread over 80 acres in Anaheim, Disneyland offers enough to keep a family entertained for days. Anaheim vacation rentals provide easy access to Disneyland and a way to get away from it all when downtime is needed.
Other Activities in California
In case you are wondering what else to do when visiting California, here are a few more fun ideas:
- Avenue of the Giants offers a unique driving tour of giant Redwood trees along California’s north coast. Picnic opportunities abound within the Humboldt Redwoods and Rockefeller Forest.
- Lava Beds National Monument in the north east end of California will make you think you are on another planet.
- Visit Yosemite National Park.
Shopping in California
Many visitors enjoy shopping while in California. Besides buying enough Disney paraphernalia to fill a suitcase, visitors often take home locally grown vintage.
Food and Dining for Visitors
Visitors enjoy the popular fusion style dishes inspired by the diverse California population. Asian influences remain a big component as do fresh seafood. Guests can enjoy freshly prepared dishes with fantastical presentations. Try a Cobb Salad, a local invention.
Over half the nation’s nuts, fruits, and vegetables are grown in California. Over 95% of the nation’s walnuts, lima beans, kiwi fruit and avocados are grown in California. Visit a local farmer’s market to get fresh produce to cook in the comfort of your rental kitchen.
Guests staying in southern California (such as in Cambria vacation rentals) enjoy temperate weather year round. For example, visitors staying in San Clemente enjoy a range of 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer and 45-65 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter. Guests staying in northern California coastal rental homes like Crescent City vacation rentals experience cooler temperatures (50-60 degrees Fahrenheit in summer and 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter).
California Vacation Rentals
While many vacationers love staying in rentals while on their annual Disneyland vacation, many guests stay in luxury San Diego vacation rentals and San Francisco vacation rentals to sight-see.
With so many wonderful mountain homes such as Big Bear vacation rentals, visitors can choose where to stay and when to visit beautiful California.
Big Bear vacation rentals remain a perpetual favorite with guests staying in the southern California mountains. Big Bear vacation rentals are available year round and are often “pet-friendly”. Guests staying in Big Bear enjoy water sports in the summer and skiing in the winter. Hiking and Fishing are other favorites for guests staying in Big Bear vacation rentals. Just about the only thing you won’t see in Big Bear are bears!
Lake Tahoe vacation rentals are often divided up north Lake Tahoe and South Lake Tahoe. South Lake Tahoe vacation rentals include condos and cabins. Regardless of where you visit in Lake Tahoe, you will witness all 4 seasons in this great mountain town.
When to Visit California
Visitors often plan their vacations around one of these fun annual events:
- Asparagus Festival in Stockton in late April. Rental homes in nearby Rio Vista offer a short drive to the festival.
- Shakespeare Festivals. Rent one of the Santa Cruz vacation rentals in August to enjoy their festivities. Lake Tahoe holds one from July thru August. Guests staying in Lake Tahoe vacation rentals enjoy the ongoing shows and festivities. Many Lake Tahoe rentals offer lakefront access. Some Lake Tahoe vacation rentals come equipped with hot tubs and Jacuzzis.
Vacation Home Rentals has so many California rentals, visitors are sure to find the perfect rental for their next California vacation.