Colombia Vacation Rentals, Apartments, & More
Cartagena de Indias Condo
4 Bedrooms / 6 Bathrooms / Sleeps 12
3 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms / Sleeps 6
1 Bedroom / 2 Bathrooms / Sleeps 2
Santa Marta Apartment
3 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms / Sleeps 6
From majestic rainforest to spectacular beaches, lush grasslands, and amazing mountains, Colombia has it all. Colombia is a country of deep cultural traditions, stunning architecture, and breathtaking natural beauty. No matter how often they return to their Colombia rental properties, guests find something new to enjoy. When planning your stay, you can find Colombia vacation rentals by owner from Vacation Home Rentals in any of the country’s five unique regions. These are the Andes, Coastal Pacific, Caribbean Sea, Los Llanos, and Amazon regions.
Sightseeing and Things to Do
Enjoy time with your family at our comfortable Colombia rentals and experience a vacation like no other.
- The Caribbean region contains some of the most beautiful beaches in the country and is perfect for boating, diving, or just soaking up the sun.
- Take the family to Santa Mara, Colombia’s oldest city, and walk through a historic district famous for its colonial architecture.
- Travel to Tayrona National Park to explore the sandy beaches and gorgeous jungle of this unspoiled paradise.
- Save time and have a unique family experience at one of our Cartagena, Colombia, rental properties by taking a day trip to Totumo Volcano and relaxing in its natural mud baths.
- Colombia house rentals in the Coastal Pacific region give you access to beaches on the coast and rainforest further inland. This is a prime place for whale- and dolphin-watching.
- Enjoy the sugary sand of Bahía Solano during the day, and visit turtle sanctuaries during the evening.
- Walk down the streets of Bogota to see the eclectic mix of colonial and modern architecture.
- Visit the Gold Museum and see an astonishing collection of pre-colonial native gold work.
- Horseback-riding, boating, and hiking are the main draws of the swamps, flood plains, and waterways of the Los Llanos region.
- Visit Serrania de La Macarena National Park to see the Caño Cristales, the “river of five colors.” You can also see waterways that are home to the pink Amazonian river dolphin.
- Enjoy the lush beauty of Amacayacú National Park. Its river systems are a sight to see, and its swamps are flooded at certain times of year.
- Visit Monkey Island, home to several species of primate and a great place for bird-watching.
Regional Food and Dining
Colombian cuisine has regional variations influenced by Spanish, Arab, African, indigenous, and Asian cuisines. Guests staying in Colombia rental homes in the Caribbean region can enjoy spicy foods that showcase fish and lobster with sides of local fresh fruit and coconut rice. In the Andean region, fruit and grains add flair to beef and chicken. In Los Llanos, succulent barbecue comes with cassava and rice. Find a Colombia rental property in the Amazon region and treat yourself to fresh fish and exotic fruits. Enjoy fresh fish and shrimp in the Pacific Coastal region, and relax with glass of hervido de pina, a hot pineapple drink.
Weather and Climate
The weather and climate in the locations of our Colombia rentals varies. The country is equatorial, with trade winds and elevation determining the temperatures in each region.
- Amazon: Humid, average temperature above 80°F and heavy rainfall all year
- Coastal Pacific: Humid and tropical, average daily temperature of 79° F
- Los Llanos: Semi-tropical, temperatures range from 70°to 80°F, with a rainy season that lasts six months
- Andes: The coldest region, temperatures between 50° and 63°F, colder at higher elevations
- Caribbean: Humid with average temperatures between 74°F and 90°F
When to Visit
Guests can find Colombia vacation rentals online with us to suit their rental needs. Vacationers often rent properties at specific times of year to see these regional festivals and events:
- The Blacks and Whites Carnival in Pasto (January)
- Bogota Carnival (August 6)
- Peak coloration of the Caño Cristales (June through November)
- Whale-watching (July)
- Amazon Folk Music Pirarucú de Oro in Leticia (November)