Colorado Springs Travel Tips
Colorado Springs is a popular tourist destination with beautiful hiking and biking trails. It also offers a variety of attractions that you can visit in both the winter and summer months. One way you can save on your trip is by taking advantage of Colorado Springs rentals. The rental houses available through Vacationhomerentals.com make it easier to relax and give the option to cook instead of eating out your entire trip. You can look online to find the available rentals in Colorado Springs.
As you plan your trip, you need to take into account the higher elevations in Colorado. The air may be thinner than you or your children are used to, and you will need to allow yourself some time to acclimate to it. Taking it easy the first day or two and watching for dizziness and excessive tiredness should be enough. Once you choose one of the rental homes in Colorado Springs that will meet your needs, you can begin to plan your activities.
There are Colorado Springs houses for rent by owner in several different parts of the city, which should allow you to find a home near where you will be doing most of your activities. Some of the most popular rentals are in the Pikes Peak area or near the Garden of the Gods. You may want to look in the Broadmoor area for Colorado Springs rental homes if you are interested in playing golf at the neighborhood's club. You may also want to consider Manitou Springs or Woodland Park if you are looking for Colorado Springs vacation rentals. Monument, Colorado is a good option if you want to be close to the national forest. If you are visiting someone attending the Air Force Academy, you may want to rent a home near the school. The Trailridge and Northgate neighborhoods are also both good options.
There are a wide variety of attractions for people of all ages in Colorado Springs. The Colorado Springs area is home to a number of trails and parks that are great for hiking and picnics with family. There are also a number of other fun things to do around the city.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: When you are in Colorado Springs, you may want to take your children to see the zoo. You can plan to ride the train and the carousel while you are visiting the animals.
- American Adventure Expeditions: You can choose different levels of river rafting. This is a great activity for older children.
- Cave of the Winds: You can plan to spend an entire day here. There are two different cave tours, a zip line ride, and a high adventure ropes course.
- Garden of the Gods: A trip to Colorado Springs would not be complete without visiting this park. The natural monuments are beautiful, and you can hike the area or visit the visitor's shop.
There are a number of festivals and other events in Colorado each year. If you are planning to visit during a festival, you should book one of the Colorado Springs rentals in advance to ensure that you can get the rental you want. The rentals in Colorado Springs may book up early, and you will have to find one in a location that is not as close to the festival as you would like. These festivals are family friendly.
- Territory Days Festival: This is an outdoor festival focused on bringing the days of the Old West back to life.
- Briarfest: This festival is family friendly and offers a variety of rides and other entertainment.
- Colorado Medieval Festival: Although this festival is about thirty minutes away in Larkspur, CO, it is a great opportunity to experience medieval times. You can plan to do this as part of your visit to Colorado Springs.