Crescent Beach, Florida Travel Tips
As the nation's oldest city, many people agree that St. Augustine, FL, also holds the title of one of the most charming. St. Augustine boasts beautiful cobblestone streets, unique shops, world-class dining, and stunning local beaches. Visitors hoping to make the most of their stay should book a reservation at one of the nearby Crescent Beach, Florida, vacation rentals. Crescent Beach is one of the most stunning beaches in the country, located just 15 minutes from downtown St. Augustine. By choosing to stay in Crescent Beach rentals, your family will enjoy a comfortable and pleasant stay at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Homes leased by owner offer so much more than traditional hotel rooms, and we guarantee your satisfaction!
The most flexible way to travel through St. Augustine and Crescent Beach is to rent a car. Families staying in Crescent Beach, FL, rentals without a car can also take advantage of the public transportation system known as the Sunshine Bus Company. You can view the bus schedule online to plan your trip in advance and save time. Active families will be happy to know that rental bikes are also available at the beach.
Beaches and Parks
Nestled in the historic city of St. Augustine are many quiet, family-friendly beaches and picturesque parks. For families visiting Crescent Beach, Florida, condo rentals are often the best way to see the area. Like those in other beach towns, Crescent Beach rentals tend to fill up quick, so be sure to plan ahead.
- Crescent Beach, named because of its crescent moon shape, is one of the most scenic and peaceful beaches in the region.
- Anastasia State Park encompasses more than 1,600 acres of land. This park includes a tidal salt marsh and self-guided nature trail.
- St. Augustine Beach is another family-friendly beach on Anastasia Island. This beach is home to the St. John County Pier, a playground, volleyball courts, nearby restaurants, and much more.
Fun with Kids
Families enjoying their time in nearby Crescent Beach vacation rentals are sure to find plenty to do while in the area! Here are a few favorite attractions for families with kids:
- St. Augustine Wild Reserve: This wildlife reserve is a sanctuary for exotic animals. The goal of the rescue is to educate the public about the dangers of owning wild animals. Mountain lions, tigers, and wolves are among the animals in the reserve.
- The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park includes dozens of exotic animals. You'll find albino alligators, lemurs, exotic birds, and much more!
- The St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum is a fun stop for kids interested in pirates. The museum features many artifacts and exhibits from real-life pirates.
Visitors should check out one of the many available Crescent Beach condo rentals. Staying in local Crescent Beach vacation rentals is a simple way to make your family vacation as comfortable as possible.
- The Annual St. Augustine Pirate Gathering (November): This event is the perfect chance to put on your best pirate costume and celebrate the Golden Age of Piracy. This three-day festival features a pirate battle, costume contest, and gala.
- St. Augustine Nights of Lights (November-January): Nights of Lights is one of the biggest and best displays of holiday lights in the world. Stemming from the Spanish Christmas tradition of placing a lit candle in the window, this stunning display of lights is the perfect way to celebrate the holidays.