|Per week||$800 - $950|
Relax in Coastal Downeast Maine -- one of the last truly pristine coastlines on the east coast. Rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit, in this waterfront cottage, on 5 private acres, designed for your simple, rustic retreat. Read, write, rest, and rejuvenate! Breathe cool, clean air. Listen to the quiet. Drink pure well water.
The mouth of the Dennys River, part of the coastal waterway, is your back yard, and opens into Cobscook Bay. The water is a stones throw away from the back door. This is a kayakers ' heaven. Smell the water, watch the 15 foot tides roll in and out. Great tidal changes, bring multiple water birds and animals that are a joy to watch. Enjoy seals, fish jumping, osprey, great blue herons, and soaring eagles.
Narrows Cottage – 90% Renovated in 2009!!
The Narrows Cottage is a lovely 190 year old cottage with simple antique charm. For your pleasure and to create even more warmth and ambiance, we exposed the old hand hewn ceiling beams mid and lower floors, took off the new flooring mid floor and discovered wonderful wide floor boards that we tenderly sanded and sealed. We added some new light fixtures in keeping with our antique theme.
For your comfort we replaced all bathroom fixtures in lower floor including the shower. We have new counter tops and we added a washer dryer!
On the mid floor we added a brand new powder room - toilet and sink. Then we built shelves and closet space. We newly painted inside first two floors, and put in all new windows including a picture window mid floor and a double window in the master bedroom for the pleasure of better seeing the fabulous views of water, woods and soaring eagles.
Finally we insulated the whole house and put all new shingles outside – and topped it all off with a wonderful new red front door with new steps up to it - to welcome your arrival.
The fabulous updates include:
Completely new bathroom fixtures on lower floor
Wood floors on lower floor
New Washer & Dryer on lower floor
New counter tops in kitchen area
New antiqued lighting fixtures added
We added a brand new powder room on mid floor that includes plenty of storage space/closet
Exposed beautiful 190 year old beams for new/old ceilings on mid and lower floors
Exposed lovely rich 190 year old floor boards on mid floor
Newly painted inside 2 mid floors
Outside: new shingles, and completely insulated
All new windows and screens
There are three floors in the 'Narrows Cottage with two bedrooms, 2 double beds and two single beds on the top floor. In the middle floor, there is a sitting area for reading and watching sunsets. Lower floor has living, dining and kitchen area with picture windows. Bath room with shower, is on lower floor. Comfortable, rustic, & charmingly decorated!
Click on our site (link below) for more exterior pictures of the cottage and the land surrounding it, along with interior pictures of the cottage.
Gas heat that will heat the lower two floors, with electric heaters for additional heat upstairs. A new medium sized refrigerator along with a fully stocked kitchen (including a lobster pot!!). Eagles are nesting nearby, just around the bend of the river. Easy access to to the private trail to our small cove. Lots to do nearby.
In addition to the cottage, there is also a newly renovated cabin available for rent.
• NEW washer & dryer
• NEW refrigerator
• NEW Second Bathroom
• NEW Countertops in kitchen area
• NEW Antiqued lighting fixtures
• NEW Windows and Screens
• NEW painted inside
• NEWLY insulated
• Pets considered
• Waterfront, Near Beach, with Forest View
• Secluded & private 5.5 acres
• Original Hardwood Floors 2nd and 3rd floors new wood floor on First Floor
• Dining Table with lovely view
• Fully equipped kitchen
• CD player & some good books
• Pure well water
• Electric heaters & partial gas heat
• Deck with lounge chairs
• Plenty of pillows and blankets
• Tastefully decorated
- The views from the living room are spectacular! A comfortable couch, plus 2 cozy chairs (including a recliner), this is a great room in which to relax. Wonderful natural light to read or relax by.
-An entire floor dedicated to relaxation. Great place to read watch sunsets. Great place to spend time as a family or spend quiet time alone to reflect.
-Fully equipped kitchen with all the comforts of home (coffee maker, dishes, cooking and eating utensils,stove, refrigerator, blender, spices, etc).
Bathroom with shower, sink & toilet on the lower floor and a brand new 1/2 bath (toilet and sink) on the second floor.
- Guest provides own Bed Linens and Towels. Plenty of pillows and blankets are available. 2 double beds with a cozy, country decor.
- Guest provides own Bed Linens and Towels. Plenty of pillows and blankets are available. 2 twin beds with cozy, country decor.
"My family home, The Narrows Cottage, is lovingly kept up, energetically cleared and tastefully decorated. Built on old Indian Grounds, closer to the water than is now allowed, The Narrows Cottage has perfect energy for healing, relaxing, writing, resting and going inward. Beds are good, but the view is spectacular! The three level cottage, a 180 year old saltbox, is the perfect vacation spot & I am happy to share this little piece of heaven with you."
Come here to rest, relax, write, meditate, and heal!
- Campobello Island
- Roosevelt Cottage
- Moosehorn National Wildlife refuge
- Passamaquoddy Indian Reserve and Museum
- Hiking trails at Quoddy Head State Park -- the Eastern most point in the United States
- 45th parallel
- Eastport, the eastern most city in the US
- 30 minutes to the Canadian boarder and to Calais, for shopping and Laundry Mat.
- Fossil hunting at Reversing Falls - only 15 minutes away!
- Beautiful sunsets right out your back door!
- Coffee-Tea-Wine house with live music within walking distance
- Summer Keys live classical music in Lubec
|Jun 28 2014||Sep 05 2014||-||-||$950||-||1 week|
|Sep 06 2014||Oct 03 2014||-||-||$850||-||1 week|
|May 30 2015||Jun 27 2015||-||-||$800||-||1 week|
|Check In: 12 p.m. Check Out: 12 p.m.|
|Lodging tax: 7% Maine Tax|
|Deposits: Security deposit -- $100.00 Deposit to hold your dates -- $250.00|
|Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, PayPal|
|Other Fees: Cleaning & Administration fee: $40.00 Small, Well-Behaved Pets -- Yes, with $100.00 pet fee. Cancellations less than **one month in advance will forfeit their deposit ** In case of real (documented) emergency, you wil be able to reschedule at another open date for up to one year. A $50 rescheduling fee will apply.|
- 30 minutes to Campobello Island, Wilson's Beach, the Roosevelt Cottage, East Quoddy Lighthouse, boating and whale watching available
- 30 minutes to Canadian border and border towns of St Stephens, NB (check out the candy factory there) & to Calais, Maine for shopping and the laundromat
- 20 minutes to Passamaquoddy Indian Reservation and Museum (between Pembroke, ME & Eastport, ME)
-25 minutes to Lubec, Maine where West Quoddy Lighthouse, Quoddy Head State Park and Hiking Trails,
-10 minutes to Pembroke, Maine, go another 10 minutes to the coast and you find Reversing Falls (a great place for fossil hunting)
- 2.5 hrs from the Bangor, Maine airport
Thank you Pam! Your place healed my heart after sad personal times. What a gift.
~Blessings, Susan O. Atlanta, Georgia
My husband and I stayed 6 weeks for our summer sabbatical. Such peace and quiet helped our writing projects and our dog loved it! What a relief from city life and the heat of Texas!
~Dr. Barbara Fuller, Texas
A piece of God's country! If you want to kick back, slow down and get in touch with yourself this is sacred space.
~Stephnani & William Armond, NY, NY
Perfect for a simple relaxed honeymoon. Very private. Thanks!
~ Jim and Mary Peterson, Wash DC
Clean, cool air - relaxing location from the moment you step onto the property. A nice small town atmosphere, with lots of interesting places to explore nearby. I can't wait to return with my family!
~ Tristram B., Indiana