Eleuthera, Bahamas Travel Tips
Eleuthera, Bahamas, is a long, beautiful island featuring the best of two worlds: an Atlantic Ocean shore combined with the serene Caribbean Sea shore known as the Exuma Sound. Eleuthera features stunning pink-sand beaches, clear and turquoise waters, and areas perfect for surfing and snorkeling. Eleuthera vacation rentals are the #1 choice of many families who want to get the most out of their Bahamas vacation. Eleuthera house rentals are perfect for large families who need a little more space, while Eleuthera villa rentals are great for smaller groups. Eleuthera rentals leased by owner offer comfort, privacy, and freedom, similar to your own home. Remember that Eleuthera, Bahamas, rentals are very popular, so they fill up fast! Make sure to book your reservation online in advance to save time and money.
For those interested in Eleuthera, Bahamas, vacation rentals, taxis are readily available and can be found at hotels, airports, and docks. Car rental services are recommended for those who would like the most freedom to explore. On the island, biking, walking, and driving golf carts are the preferred way to travel. Bicycles and golf carts are available for rent through many local businesses.
Beaches and Nature
Eleuthera is known as a paradise island and features many picturesque, tranquil beaches. Tourists staying in nearby Eleuthera rentals will have a wonderful time exploring the different beaches in the area.
- French Leave Beach: This pink-sand beach is great for families who enjoy a quiet, peaceful getaway.
- Lighthouse Beach is another beach with pink sands and crystal-clear water. This secluded beach offers beautiful views and great opportunities for snorkeling.
- Glass Window Bridge: This natural rock formation is the meeting place of the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans. Stand on the bridge and take in the stunning view of two oceans (with several different shades of blue!)
- Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve: This nature preserve is the perfect way to get to know the flora and fauna of Eleuthera.
Things to Do
Besides relaxing on the beach, there are many things for active families to do on Eleuthera. Vacation rentals allow families to make the most out of their vacation by living right in the middle of the action. Here are a few of the best local activities:
- Horseback Riding on the island of Eleuthera is sure to be a breathtaking experience for the whole family! Travel through beautiful nature trails and explore the beach on horseback.
- Water-Based Tours are a great way to spend your time on Eleuthera. Go diving, snorkeling, fishing, and much more.
- Kayaking is wonderful in the Bahamas! Eleuthera’s clear water makes kayaking a fun, unique experience. You can explore the reef without needing to snorkel!
Fun with Kids
Kids will have so much fun exploring the island! The petting zoo is wonderful for children who want to take a break from the water for a day, while surfing lessons are the perfect activity for older kids.
- Hill-Top Farms Petting Zoo is great for kids who love animals! Stop by the farm and meet goats, cows, chickens, and much more.
- Surfing Lessons are perfect for families with older children! There are many reputable local companies that offer professional lessons for the whole family.
The Bahamas is home to many fun annual festivals, and Eleuthera is no exception. The Pineapple Festival and Deep Creek Conch Fest are two events that are beloved by locals and tourists alike.
- The Pineapple Festival (June): Eleuthera is known for having some of the best pineapples in the world. Join locals and fellow tourists as they celebrate with a pineapple-eating contest, live entertainment, and much more.
- Deep Creek Conch Fest (June): Also held in June, this celebration of the Deep Creek settlement is an excellent way to learn more about the local culture. The festival features home cooking, arts and crafts, and live music.