Elkhart Lake Travel Tips
Are you looking for a fun and exciting place to go on vacation that your whole family will enjoy? If so, you’ll definitely want to consider Elkhart Lake, a beautiful little village located in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. It’s located just one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours from Chicago, so this legendary vacation getaway spot is easy to get to for travelers.
Elkhart Lake Rentals
Vacationers and families will find a variety of Elkhart Lake homes for rent to make their stay an unforgettable one. Houses for rent in Elkhart Lake, WI, are easy to find online with Vacation Home Rentals and are rented out by owner. Families will especially love staying in one of the many Elkhart Lake rentals found right on the water. If you choose to rent a home, there are many advantages for doing so. Vacationers will save money by having access to a full kitchen so they will not have to go out to eat for every meal. They will also be able to do their own laundry and have plenty of privacy.
Elkhart Lake is home to many great attractions, and there are plenty of things for the whole family to do. Some of the most popular activities take place on the water. A few companies rent out equipment such as kayaks, pontoons, water-skis, and bumper boats.
Here are some more great attractions:
- Road America: This year-round venue hosts some of the most popular events in motorsports. The four-mile road course attracts more than 800,000 visitors a year to more than 400 of its annual events. Known as a premier circuit, Road America hosts all types of racing events featuring every type of motor vehicle, from motorcycles to sprint cars. There is also a Tough Mudder endurance challenge held every year involving ice cold water, lots of mud, and bursts of fire.
- Broughton Sheboygan Marsh Park: This county park is the perfect place for a picnic and has plenty of opportunities to go fishing, swimming, and canoeing. Rowboats are also available for rental. There is a playground area for the smaller kids, and it is even open in the winter: It is a popular place for snowmobilers.
- Elkhart Lake Depot Museum: If there are history buffs in your family, check out this museum that features original railroad station houses and furnishings from more than a century ago. There is also plenty of memorabilia to help get you up to speed on the history of the community.
If you’re looking to make a reservation at one of the houses for rent in Elkhart Lake, keep in mind the following events when you plan your trip. These events take place each year in Elkhart Lake, WI, drawing thousands of tourists who want to be part of the fun.
- Elkhart Lake Triathlon: This event on the first weekend in June is open to athletes of all ages.
- Elkhart Lake Fireman’s Independence Day Celebration: This Fourth of July party runs for four days. Families will enjoy lots of food, live music, a parade, and a spectacular fireworks display.
- The Hawk with Brian Redman: Featuring more than 400 cars, this four-day event in mid-July is the largest outdoor gathering for vintage racing in the United States.
- Annual Midwest Acoustic Music Fest: Held toward the end of July, this one-day event features acoustic music performers from all over the country.
- Annual Civil War Weekend: Each September, the Wade House hosts the largest Civil War re-enactment in Wisconsin.
Elkhart Lake homes for rent can go fast, so if you are thinking about heading to Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, be sure to book your Elkhart Lake rentals with Vacation Home Rentals today!