Fajardo, Puerto Rico Travel Tips
With its vibrant culture and lively celebrations, Puerto Rico is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. Visitors will enjoy exploring the local culture as they soak up the sun on one of the region’s beautiful beaches. When visiting the quaint city of Fajardo, vacation rentals are the best way to experience the area. Renting a home leased by owner from Vacation Home Rentals will save you money and allow your family the comfort of a second home. Fajardo vacation rentals are easily the best way to get the most out of your Puerto Rican vacation, but reservations tend to book up fast. Make sure to save your spot by making your reservation online with us in advance.
When searching for vacation rentals in Fajardo, Puerto Rico, remember to research the best way for your family to get around the area. Car rental services are readily available, and you can easily rent a bike to travel around the beach. A privately operated shuttle, called a público, is another option. Taxis are an easy way to get from point A to point B, but they can be pricey.
Beaches and Parks
Puerto Rico’s beaches are legendary across the world. When visiting Fajardo, PR, make sure to stop by the incredibly unique Bioluminescent Bay. For visitors who love quiet, remote getaways, Icacos Island is a great destination.
- Icacos Island: This private island accessible by 30-minute boat trip is paradise on earth! With white sands, clear waters, and excellent opportunities for swimming and snorkeling, this is a must-see spot in Fajardo.
- The Bioluminescent Bay is one of Puerto Rico’s most-loved tourist destinations. At night, the water lights up with a light blue glow triggered by a kind of plankton called dinoflagellates.
- Las Cebezas de San Juan Nature Reserve, which also includes the Bioluminescent Bay, is a jewel of Puerto Rico. It features rocky and sandy beaches, coral reefs, and beautiful forests.
Fun with Kids
Puerto Rico has tons of activities to keep the kids busy throughout your vacation. Cocui Water Park is a great place to spend the day, and it’s only a few minutes outside of Fajardo.
- Coqui Water Park is a great spot to take the kids for a day of fun when they need a break from the beach.
- Surfing lessons are wonderful for older children, and Puerto Rico is the perfect spot to learn. Lessons are available from many local teachers.
Families interested in booking vacation rentals in Fajardo, Puerto Rico, with Vacation Home Rentals will love to learn about some of the country’s most exciting festivals. These three events are perfect for any tourist wanting to experience the culture of Puerto Rico.
- Ponce Carnival (February): Taking place in major cities throughout the country, Carnival is one of the most exciting annual festivals in Puerto Rico.
- Festival Casals (February): This San Juan event is dedicated to Pablo Casals, the honorary Puerto Rican and world-renowned musician. Each year, some of the best classical musicians in the world perform in his honor.
- International Salsa Congress (July): Also taking place in nearby San Juan, this vibrant festival is a celebration of salsa dancing.