Classic Adirondack Lakefront Cabin on Quiet Lake
|Per week:||$1,250 - $1,750|
Description of the Gloversville vacation cabin rental
- AVAILABLE BY THE WEEK ONLY - SATURDAY TO SATURDAY.
- OFF-PEAK RATE: $1,250/WK // PEAK SEASON: $1,750/WK
- UP TO 8 PEOPLE ONLY!
- IF YOU SMOKE OR ARE BRINGING PETS ON YOUR VACATION, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS AD.
Get ready for your ideal Adirondack Park vacation located in the historic Gloversville/Johnstown area. At Mountain Lake Lodge, a refreshing swim is literally right outside your door, with no road to cross or path to follow.
This vacation home is perfect for families, small groups, snowbirds, from 1-8 people. Pet-free/smoke-free environment means allergies won't ruin your vacation.
At community-friendly Mountain Lake, you will notice few, if any, large boats to spoil the quiet. Water quality has been rated "Excellent," and the average water temp is just right -- swim in total comfort. Hang out all day on our roomy lakefront deck pier -- jump in, or dip your toes in the shallow area.
Paddle around the lake in our paddleboat (seats 4), kayaks (2) or fun floats.
House rental amenities
- Quiet, charming 4-bedroom, 1-bath log cabin
- Master bedroom has one Queen
- Bedroom #2 has 1 full and one twin
- Bedroom #3 has 2 twins each
- Bedroom #4 has 2 twins each
- Beautiful tree-shaded property
- Open, spacious first floor
- 75 feet of lakefront with large pier
- Steps into shallow area
- Paddle boat, kayak, rafts and more!
- Gas and charcoal grills
- New Kitchen Cabinetry/Finishes, bar counters, with microwave and dishwasher
- 2 large sunrooms (upstairs and downstairs) facing scenic Mountain Lake
- HDTV, Hi-Speed Internet access
- Local caretaker
- Pet-free, Smoke-free
- New kitchen cabinets, lighting, bar, fixtures, stools, recent roof, deluxe window treatments in sunrooms, new plumbing, drainage - we care about our property.
- New HDTV, all new upstairs sunroom furnishings, new wall art. Brand new roof keeps you dry should it rain, cooler if it's hot and adds beauty to your rental home. You'll have a great time!
- Explore hundreds of miles of beautiful forests, lakes, and streams - great for hikers of all skill levels
- Enjoy nearby golf, fishing, boating, shopping, and of course, just hanging out
- Admire the beauty and sample horse racing fun at Saratoga Springs, just 40 minutes away
- Visit the amazing Adirondack Museum for a look back at the history of the majestic Adirondack forests and the characters that lived in them
- Tour historic Johnstown and Gloversville
- Go underground - at Howe Caverns, a magical subterranean world
- Visit the surprisingly engaging and beautiful Adirondack Museum
- Explore Albany, capital of New York State
- Much Much More!
Our spacious log home we call Mountain Lake Lodge is located right on the shores of Mountain Lake, a beautiful countryside venue. There is lots of privacy -- houses next door are not occupied (at least not at this posting).
The cabin is nestled at the southern tip of Adirondack State Park, a vast expanse of beautiful natural settings. The Park is home to exciting Lake Placid, beautiful Lake George, nearby Sacandaga Lake, Canada Lake, and thousands of smaller lakes and ponds. The Park boasts 3,000 miles of hiking trails and dozens of great attractions to enjoy.
The Southern Adirondack region has beautiful country roads, trails and lakes to explore. The Lodge is also located near two historic towns.
Gloversville, as the name suggests, was a former center for glove making at the turn of the 19th century and birthplace of Sam Goldwyn (a founder of MGM Studios). Many of its old factory buildings are currently being purchased and renovated.
Also nearby is Johnstown, an historic village and former center for native American relations in colonial times. It is a charming place to visit and shop.
We're right inside the Adirondack State Park border, so you'll enjoy country living, but you can easily slip into town for a quart of milk. Three great supermarkets plus Wal-Mart and much more are but a ten-minute drive down the mountain.
Mountain Lake Lodge is also a short drive from world famous Saratoga, NY with its classic race track and charming thoroughfares.
Once you are nestled in, you may never want to leave. But there will always be new places to explore from your "home base" at beautiful Mountain Lake Lodge.
|May 28 2014||Jun 22 2014||-||-||$1,450||-||1 Week|
|Jun 22 2014||Sep 07 2014||-||-||$1,750||-||1 Week|
|Sep 08 2014||Oct 27 2014||-||-||$1,250||-||1 Week|
|Check In: 4 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m.|
|Deposits: Before May 1: One half of rental fee plus signed lease due within 10 days of reservation confirmation. Balance due before May 1 plus refundable security deposit. Deposit is $500. After May 1: Full rental fee, signed lease and security deposit due in full within 90 days of reservation confirmation.|
|Payment Options: American Express, Cashier's Check, Mastercard, Money Order, Personal Check, Visa|
|Other Fees: See lease agreement for details.|
- 1 Queen Bed
- 1 Double Bed
- 5 Twin Beds
- 1 Sofa Bed
- Beach Chairs
- View (Lake)
- Dock/Boat Slip
- High Speed Internet
- Parking Included
- View (Water)
- Full Kitchen
- Alarm Clock
- DVD Player
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- CD Player
- Gas Grill
- Refrigerator (Full)
- Charcoal Grill
- Coffee Maker
- Gym/Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Jet Skiing
- Shopping Area
- Miniature Golf
- Water Skiing
- Movie Theater
- Grocery Store
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
- Spacious, open first floor
- Fire pit
- Charming, charming, charming
Reviews for this vacation cabin rental in Gloversville, New York
Really good vacation
August 17, 2011
This is a really good vacation rental. I stayed at Mountain Lake Lodge with my family for a week in July and had a very good experience. The house is big, the lake beautiful and quiet, and the atmosphere is relaxing. I look forward to staying here again next year.
Columbia County, NY
July 18, 2011
We came with two families with children age 7 to 19. It is a great house to stay in with children! Most of the time we spent at the lake. There are no motor boats in the lake, so one can swim across (although I preferred having another person in a boat close by). The lake is large enough so the kids can go canoeing, and small enough so one does not have to worry that they can get lost. Lots of indoor and outdoor games. The kitchen and dining area are spacious, the sun-room was a wonderful place to spend the evenings playing games. Very nice owners too. We had a great time.
August 12, 2010
House is comfortable and quaint and pretty well equipped. Lake is lovely and the water is fine. This is a smallish lake, which is good as there's no motor craft, but it's also a bit over-developed. Perfect for kids. We had a great week there.
Pointe Claire, Quebec, Canada
July 26, 2010
What a friendly, fabulous, quiet, perfect lake vacation. We were 2 families of four and the cabin had tons of room for us. We read, swam, ate, hiked, ate and swam. The cabin had everything we needed. We loved evening fires in the firepit while star-gazing. We loved pedalling around the lake in the pedal-boat, and kayaking, too. The lake was just the right sixe for us to swim its width and back every day! The neighbors brought us dinner on our first evening! We would love to go back her one day. Our thanks to Cliff and Carol.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Walking around the lake in early mornings
3. Going on short hikes at one of the many trails
4. Taking naps in the cool living room on a hot day
2. Steps from a quiet lake
3. Owners really care about the property and respond quickly
Interested in Renting this Property?
School:Forest Hills High School, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University, Columbia Business School
About:Cliff is an Internet marketing consultant, designing and promoting websites for medical, dental and legal professionals and small businesses.
Wife Carol manages office operations for a major law firm.
We love New York!...
- View full profile