Indian Rocks Beach, Florida Travel Tips
Indian Rocks Beach, FL, is a small coastal town perfect for families looking for a quiet getaway. With sandy beaches, beautiful parks, and a very special nature preserve, this city is sure to have something for everyone! The best way to experience the area is to stay in one of the many Indian Rocks Beach rentals available for rent. For families visiting Indian Rocks Beach, vacation rentals offer a comfortable environment that allow visitors to fully relax and enjoy their surroundings. When choosing accommodations for Indian Rocks Beach, vacation rentals leased by owner are the best bang for your buck. This type of rental is guaranteed to be clean, updated, and well-maintained. This is especially great for families with kids, when comfort, space, and privacy are of the utmost importance.
For families interested in vacation rentals, Indian Rocks Beach, FL, is a great place to check out! Visitors staying in nearby Indian Rocks Beach rentals have a few choices for getting around town. Renting a car is the most flexible way to travel, but the city also offers a trolley service through Suncoast Beach Trolley
. For your convenience, the trolley runs all day and only costs $2 per ride. For active families, bike rentals are available through several local businesses. Make sure to book your reservation online to save time!
Beaches & Parks
Visitors who love quaint beach towns are in luck -- there are plenty of Indian Rocks Beach condo rentals available to make your stay as convenient as possible. For beach lovers looking for privacy in Indian Rocks, vacation rentals are a great choice. Staying in a rental home or condo allows your family to beat the crowds and hit the beach early while it's still quiet and peaceful.
- Indian Rocks Beach, often called "the world's safest beach," is the heart of this sleepy Florida town. With 2.7 miles of quiet, sandy shores, this beach offers boating, fishing, swimming, and many other fun activities.
- Sand Key Park includes a beautiful beach and a park with a playground, grills, shelters, cabana rentals, a nature trail, and many other amenities.
- Lake Seminole Park is a wildlife sanctuary and habitat for eagles, alligators, raccoons, waterfowl, and much more. It offers a two-mile multi-use trail for hikers and joggers as well as a number of benches and swings for those looking to relax.
Things To Do
There are plenty of fun things to do while staying in nearby vacation rentals. Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, offers many different tours to explore the area, so your family is sure to find something interesting to do.
- There are many fishing, dolphin watching, and scenic cruise boat tours available in the Indian Rocks Beach area. Make sure to check the schedule online to plan your visit.
- Ocean sports are very popular in this area, especially scuba diving, snorkeling, and surfing!
- The 9.3-acre Indian Rocks Beach Nature Preserve is a must-see for nature lovers. It includes observational and fishing piers, paved hiking trails, and interactive park areas.
Fun With Kids
Kids who love beach playgrounds and marine animals will have a great time visiting Indian Rocks Beach. Florida condo rentals are wonderful for families with kids because they offer an enormous amount of privacy, space, and comfort. After leaving their vacation rentals, Indian Rocks Beach tourists will find plenty of fun activities to keep their kids occupied! Here are a couple of the best kid-friendly places in town:
- Pier 60 Park, located in nearby Clearwater Beach, is a perfect place for families with children. Designed especially for kids, this shady play area includes age-appropriate equipment for kids of all ages.
- The Clearwater Marine Aquarium and The Florida Aquarium are must-sees for kids who love learning about animals! Take a photo with a dolphin and experience sharks up close at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, or go on a wild dolphin cruise with The Florida Aquarium.
For out-of-town visitors staying in nearby Indian Rocks Beach rentals, the area offers many great annual events and festivals. GreenFest and The Biggest Beach Party Ever are particularly great for tourists who want to experience this fun oceanside town.
- GreenFest (March): Environmentalists will love browsing tons of eco-friendly, local, organic products and services at this popular annual event. GreenFest features live music and entertainment, food from local restaurants, and plenty of crafts and activities for kids.
- The Biggest Beach Party Ever (April): With live music on the beach and plenty of food, this giant beach party is a great way for families to have fun at Indian Rocks Beach.