Jay Peak, VT Travel Tips
For the winter-sport-loving family, Jay Peak, VT, is the perfect vacation spot! As part of the Green Mountains, Jay Peak is one of the most beautiful points in the northern U.S. For families visiting Jay Peak, vacation rentals from Vacation Home Rentals are the best choice for several reasons. A Jay Peak vacation rental leased by owner is a wonderful way to experience everything the mountains have to offer. Jay Peak house rentals allow larger families the comfort, privacy, and convenience of your own home. For smaller families, a Jay Peak condo rental is the perfect way to experience the area. Jay Peak rentals are known to fill up fast, especially in the winter months, so make sure to book your reservation with us online in advance to save time.
Although public transportation is available, tourists staying in Jay Peak condo rentals will find it much more convenient to rent a car. Because so many of Jay Peak’s attractions are located off of the mountain and around the region, families will need a reliable car to experience them all. Rental cars are available from several local businesses.
Outdoor sports are the main attraction of the Jay Peak region! Jay Peak condo rentals are the best way to immerse yourself in the area. From skiing the gorgeous slopes of Jay Peak to spending a day dog-sledding or kayaking, this region has activities for every part of the year.
- Skiing is the #1 attraction in the Jay Peak area! As part of the Green Mountains, visitors can expect beautiful views and great conditions.
- Adventure Tours in the Jay Peak region include dog-sledding, kayaking, fishing, snowshoeing, and much more!
Fun With Kids
Kids visiting Jay Peak will have much more to do than ski! There are many nearby kid-friendly attractions for every season, including a giant corn maze, natural swimming holes, and an ice cream factory tour.
- Swimming Holes: Located throughout Vermont are several natural swimming holes. One beautiful spot is located at Four Corners in North Troy.
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour: Who doesn’t love ice cream? This 30-minute tour of the Waterbury, VT, factory is educational and fun for all ages.
- The Great Vermont Corn Maze: Popular for more than 15 years, The Great Vermont Corn Maze is located on a third-generation dairy farm in North Danville, VT. Each year’s maze is completely different than the last, and visitors can also tour a barnyard and interact with the animals.
Visitors checking out Jay Peak rentals might be surprised to learn that spring and summer are some of the most eventful times of the year! The Vermont Maple Festival is the perfect way to sample some of the most delicious maple syrup in the country, while the Annual Jay Summer Fest is a great introduction to the area.
- The Annual Jay Summer Fest (August): This event includes arts and crafts, a parade, local food, and much more.
- The Vermont Maple Festival (April): Located about an hour away in St. Albans, VT, this festival dedicated to Vermont’s tastiest export, maple syrup, is sure to be a hit with visitors.