Kitty Hawk Travel Tips
Kitty Hawk, NC is a beautiful town along the Outer Banks. It is a great place to take your family for a long relaxing vacation. You can make your vacation easier by taking advantage of one of the many Kitty Hawk rentals. Many Kitty Hawk vacation rentals are listed online by owner. You can choose to rent a home with beach access or save a bit by renting one where you can easily walk to the beach. Kitty Hawk is a wonderful family friendly destination.
Kitty Hawk Travel Tips for Families
It is important to plan carefully for your trip to Kitty Hawk, NC. Rentals allow you to save money on eating out, and allow your family to feel like they are at home. Before you go, check to see what comes with the rental you choose to see if you need to bring linens. Kitty Hawk beach rentals allow you to relax in the evenings and give you easy access to the various businesses and activities around town. After you reserve your vacation home, you can begin planning for the different activities you can do. Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen and beach toys for your stay!
There are a wide variety of activities in Kitty Hawk, NC. Vacation rentals allow you to explore the area without the pressure of staying at a hotel. You can save a lot of money when you take advantage of vacation rentals. Kitty Hawk, NC offers a variety of things to do while you are visiting. Here are some things you may enjoy doing in addition to spending time at the beach.
- Wright Brothers National Memorial: Kitty Hawk is where the Wright brothers spent time testing their first airplanes. Visit the memorial to learn more about the test flights.
- Outer Banks Children at Play Museum: This is a great children's museum located in Kitty Hawk. It can provide the break you need from the beach or is a good rainy day option.
- Roanoke Island Festival Park: If you love history, this is a must see destination. The island is just south of Kitty Hawk, and you can explore the history of the first colonists and learn more about the missing colony of Roanoke. There are plenty of hands on opportunities for children.
- Promenade Water Sports: This business offers parasailing, jet ski rentals, and other boat rentals. If you want to spend some time out on the ocean, you should consider visiting them.
If you are planning to visit Kitty Hawk during an event, you will need to book your rental ahead of time since Kitty Hawk rentals do book well in advance. The Kitty Hawk vacation rentals make it easy to enjoy the festivals and relax on a quiet stretch of beach when you are finished.
- Annual Wright Kite Festival: This festival is held in July each year at the Wright Brothers National Memorial.
- Annual Watermelon Festival: This festival is in Kitty Hawk and takes place in August. There are several different carnival type activities and eating contests.
- Hang Gliding Spectacular and Air Show: You can watch the largest hang gliding competition. Admission is free to the viewing public, and there are additional activities to do. This takes place in May each year.