La Quinta, California Travel Tips
Nestled between mountains and the Palm Desert is a beautiful oasis of golf, spas, luxury, and sunny days: La Quinta, California. Vacation rentals are available across the area, with full kitchens, bedrooms, and living spaces, as well as often-amazing views of the Santa Rosa Mountains. With less than four inches of annual precipitation and more than 345 sunny days per year, when you shop for rentals in La Quinta, CA, online, you're fairly certain to have a beautiful, sunny vacation. Save money by avoiding the high costs of resorts -- rent by-owner properties with beautiful views, pools, scenic atmospheres, and convenient locations.
Consider the following attractions when looking at vacation rentals. La Quinta, CA, is most famous for its golf, spas, hiking, and artistic locations, but you could also travel just a few hours to Disneyland in Anaheim or to Los Angeles if you have an extended vacation in mind.
- Golf: One of the best benefits of La Quinta vacation rentals is the close proximity of some world-renowned golf courses, such as the La Quinta Resort Mountain Course, the SilverRock Resort Golf Course, and the PGA West Courses just to name a few. A parent can have a lot of fun golfing at one of these famous locations, while a non-golfing parent and kids can swim at La Quinta condos.
- Luxury Spas and Shopping: Old Town La Quinta is famous for its shopping, spas, and selection. Parents can relax by getting a massage, manicure, or facial at a great local facility or resort like Spa La Quinta. Rentals near Old Town are conveniently near a wide selection of shopping areas as well.
- Hiking: There are a lot of really great trails for families and couples who just want a taste of the great outdoors. You can look up La Quinta vacation rentals near any one of these trails. The Bear Creek Trail, which borders the Fred Wolf Nature Preserve, welcomes pets and children and is a nice, easy trek. Travel a bit to the Coachella Valley Preserve and walk between creeks and large palm groves. There's also the Whitewater Canyon Preserve, which provides the calming sounds of the river -- kids can have a lot of fun feeding trout as well!
- The Arts: On a rare rainy day, you can still stray outside of your beautiful by-owner rental, and journey into greater La Quinta. Vacation homes usually are a great place to spend a day indoors, but you could always visit the La Quinta Museum. Another family-friendly activity would be to create something together during a class at the Old Town Artisan Studio. Paint your own pottery or make your own art together, and after, you'll have something to remember your vacation.
- Other Unique Adventures: It's not often that people have an opportunity to take a ride on a hot air balloon, but HAVNFUN Hot Air Ballooning offers unique rides through the Palm Springs area. Passengers who ride at sunrise can enjoy mimosas post-flight.
Artistic and cultural events are frequently hosted by the city and organizations in La Quinta. Rentals often lead you to save money on food by cooking yourselves, so visit the regular farmers' market to get some local flavors. There are also frequent artistic events hosted by the La Quinta Arts Foundation, as well as occasional PGA West tournaments
. Keep these events in mind when looking at vacation rentals. La Quinta is the home of many exciting, luxurious times, so check out our listings today!