Lake James lovely cabin @ the Linville River
Description of the Lake James vacation cabin rental
Stoney river cabin is a great vacation rental for couples or small families who love the outdoors and are looking for a convenient get-away.
The cabin is fully furnished with hardwood floors, a living room with a wood burning fireplace, two bedrooms, a den with satellite TV, a DVD and CD player, one full bath (shower, no tub), screened side porch area, and a fully equipped kitchen with microwave and coffee maker.
The cabin can sleep up to 6 people with a queen & full sized bed in the bedrooms and a full sized couch that converts to a surprisingly comfortable bed. There is a campfire circle just outside and deck where you can watch the river go by.
There is plenty to do around the area-
* You can go boating and swimming at Lake James, hiking one or more of the many scenic trails, drive the Pisgah Loop Scenic Highway or bike the Morganton Greenway. Drive on the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway or play tennis and golf overlooking Lake James.
* Relax and see a movie at a local theater.
* Take a guided horseback ride on the trails at the Longtown Livery.
* Experience the Lake James Boat Excursion on the Harbour Queen. The boat leaves Mtn. Harbour Marina at 2pm daily.
* Live theater at Comma- City of Morganton Municipal Auditorium
* Picnic at Lake James State Park.
* Paddle the Catawba river
* 18 hole disc golf course at Catawba Meadows-220 Catawba Meadows Drive
* Old Rock School - 400 West Main Street, Valdese, NC/ Site of bluegrass concerts, art galleries model train museum, and Valdese Travel and Tourism.
* Take a tour of Grandfather Mtn by air from the Morganton airport.
* Play Putt Putt golf, practice golf on a driving range, play with bicycles and ride Go-karts at Riverside Family Entertainment Center in Morganton.
* Enjoy local area artisans and crafters as well as antique vendors in historic Valdese. Check out the historic Trail of Faith & Waldensian Heritage Museum.
* Visit a local apple orchard and pick your own. Enjoy fresh cider, jellies and jams at country store-
Apple Hill Orchard and Cider Mill
* Experience a wide variety of pines, hardwoods, rolling terrain clear streams & talking trees at the Tuttle Educational State Forest.
Local wineries- Lake James Cellars/ Waldensian Heritage Wines
South Mountain State Park-mountain biking, hiking, picnicking, 3,000 ft waterfall
Lake James State Park- only 10 minutes away.
|Jan 01 2013||Dec 31 2014||$120||$120||-||-||-|
|Jan 01 2013||Dec 31 2014||-||-||$750||-||-|
|Check In: 3 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m.|
|Lodging tax: 10.%|
|Deposits: There is a $150 fully refundable security deposit on short term rentals.|
|Payment Options: Cashier's Check, Mastercard, Money Order, PayPal, Personal Check, Visa|
|Other Fees: $15 per night pet rent (Please call if you would like to bring a pet.) $30 cleaning fee for all stays.|
- 1 Queen Bed
- 2 Double Beds
- 1 Twin Bed
- Air Conditioning
- Full Kitchen
- Linens Provided
- Pet Friendly
- Hardwood Floors
- Parking Included
- Screened Porch
- View (Water)
- Alarm Clock
- Coffee Maker
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Refrigerator (Full)
- Ceiling Fan
- Charcoal Grill
- Jet Skiing
- Amusement Park
- Gym/Fitness Center
- Live Entertainment
- Shopping Area
- Miniature Golf
- Grocery Store
- Water Skiing
- Movie Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Downhill Skiing
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
Reviews for this vacation cabin rental in Lake James, North Carolina
October 21, 2013
This cabin is just simply stunning!! Not only is the cabin charming, but so is the surrounding area. The river is beautiful, great for kyaking and swimming. The cabin was well stocked with amenities, and the bathroom had a full size washer and dryer. We are planning on renting again this coming summer. The owners are fantastic to work with, and graciously answered my many questions. The cabin is in a secluded area, yet is within 15 miles of downtown Morganton. Morganton has many local artisian galleries, stores, and great locally owned restaurants, coffee shops, and even 2 breweries. We can not wait to come back!!
Hi Nancy - So glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We agree, this area is about the best for outdoor activities in North Carolina, especially so close to amenities and I-40. Can't wait to host you all again. So very happy you enjoyed the cabin. We try to provide everything you need for a magical stay.
October 7, 2013
This was a quaint cabin located in a quiet setting. Not as private as we had hoped, but had river views and a great firepit area.
May 30, 2012
This cabin is so relaxing to stay in. The kitchen has everything you could need. The owners made sure you know of all the local sites and things to do in the area. It was so nice to fall asleep to the sound of the river flowing out back of the cabin. The pictures do not do this cute cabin justice, by cute I do not mean small. There is room for everyone here and you will not be on top of one another. The stone walls are awesome and some history of the cabin would be appreciated. The bathroom is modern and spacious with a great washer and dryer to wash your clothes from all the hiking, swimming, and biking you can do practically in the backyard. The owners have done a great job of making their home feel like your home. You never want to leave. If you and your family want to get away from it all this is the place to go. Or if you want to get together with family you haven't seen in a while this is also the place to go. Our family really enjoyed staying here and will in the future stay here again. Thank you Terry and Jo for sharing your little piece of heaven with us.
Thanks Dawn. So glad you guys enjoyed your stay. Yes, the cabin is bigger than it looks over 1,300 square feet, the living spaces feel large. We are so lucky to be located in the middle of some of the best hiking in the state. Being both in the mountains and near the lake is really special, something for everyone in the Lake James area. Hope to see you back again soon!!
Comfortable and Quiet
September 6, 2011
Very comfortable cabin. Enjoyed fishing in the river and Lake James. The neighbors were very friendly and helpful.
Fort Mill, SC
Interested in Renting this Property?
About:My partner Jo and I purchased this cabin 4 years ago and spent the first 6 months renovating it. We are still continually improving it. This year we installed a tankless hot water heater and a new deck. People love both - for different reasons! The deck overlooks the Linville River, really relaxing...
- View full profile