Lexington, VA Travel Tips
Lexington, Virginia, is a small town that is the home of two colleges, Washington and Lee University and the Virginia Military Institute. It is a good place to visit if you want to explore the history of the Civil War. If you are thinking about visiting Lexington, you should take advantage of one of the Lexington rental homes. When you rent a home from Vacation Home Rentals, you can have all of the comforts of home while you are on vacation. It makes traveling with children easier because you can have your children in their own room. There are a number of Lexington rentals available, and you should be able to find a rental that will fit your needs.
Lexington Travel Tips for Families
Lexington has a warm, humid climate in the summer. The winters are mild and cool. It is important to plan according to the time of year you will be visiting. There are a number of Lexington homes for rent that you can use while visiting students who are at college. While there, you can explore this historic part of the United States. When you take advantages of the Lexington houses for rent, you can save money on food by cooking in your rental instead of eating out. It is also easier to work around your children’s schedule. We have a variety of Lexington, VA, rentals available listed by owner. Take the time to review what each house has available so you can plan for your stay.
Lexington is well-known for its history. There are a number of historic museums and sites throughout the town, including Jackson Memorial Cemetery and Stonewall Jackson House. You can also tour the Virginia Military Institute and see a dress parade by the cadets when you are there. Lexington rental properties allow you the comforts of home, making it easy to visit a museum in the morning and allowing you to relax in the afternoon.
- Haunting Tales Ghost Tour: This 90-minute tour is great for people of all ages. It is a walking tour, and the guide will take you through the city and to the Jackson Memorial Cemetery.
- Natural Bridge Zoo: This zoo is about a nine-mile drive from Lexington, VA, but it is worth the drive when you visit. The zoo offers elephant rides and a petting zoo. The zoo is closed from December to February.
Lexington offers a wide variety of events. You may be interested in one of the Lexington rental homes when you visit to see a child graduate from one of the two colleges in the area. Lexington rentals can book up in advance of graduation and these festivals, so be sure to book online with Vacation Home Rentals well in advance.
- Rockbridge Pie Festival: This festival takes place in September. This is a one-day event that includes a pie-baking contest and a swimming race. Pie and other food is available throughout the day.
- Rockbridge Community Festival: Enjoy a variety of entertainment and food. The festival usually takes place toward the end of August.
- Lexington Sunrise Rotary/Cornerstone Bank Hot Air Balloon Rally: This balloon festival takes place the week of July Fourth and includes music and other festivities. There are fireworks on the Fourth of July. Admission to the event is free, but you should call ahead if you want to book a hot air balloon ride.