$80 Per Day Mountain Cottage-Great Mountain Views
Perched on the western slope of Bear Mountain our cottage, Noah’s Lark, provides stunning year 'round views of the Appalachian Mountains and the Cherokee National Forest. In the valley below are a few family farms with green pastures for horses and cattle. The cottage is located in a tri-state area. From the wrap around deck one can see portions of Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina. Noah's Lark is a rustic cottage with all the amenities needed for a true mountain experience. There is no hot tub. It is located too far from a hub to have internet access. However, you can receive internet service via most smart phones. In general, and judging the feed back from renters over the last ten years, the majority of mobile phones work to varying degrees.
Noah' Lark is located in North Carolina and is 25 miles west of Murphy NC and 20 miles north of Blue Ridge Georgia.
Over the years whitewater rafters and kayakers have used the cottage as a bas e of operations because of its proximity to the Ocoee Rivers rapids, site of the 1996 Olympics for whitewater rafting. We have made it a priority to provide a comfortable setting suitable for family vacations, a couple’s secluded get away, nature lovers and sports enthusiasts. Unlike many mountain cabins, there is ample parking space available for cars, smaller RV’s and boat trailers.
-2 bedrooms with linens provided
-The cottage can sleep up to 5 people.
-2 bathrooms. (includes master bath).
-Central air conditioning and heat.
-Fireplace (gas). For winter time only.
-DirecTV with HBO.
-Full kitchen with dishwasher and microwave. Includes all cooking utensils.
-Full size washer and dryer.
-Wrap around deck overlooking the Appalachian Mountain range.
-Screened side porch.
-Plenty of parking for cars and boat trailers.
NOTE: Internet and Mobile phones. There is no internet access. The location is too far from a hub to get an adequate signal. Although I cannot guarantee it, most smart phones can pick up a signal
Adult dogs are welcome. Damage deposit. Sorry, no cats. Our 3 cats are treated like the Royals at our home but have been banished in shame from the cabin.
No smoking in the cottage. Personally, I love to sit out on the deck and fire up a cigar at sunset.
$ 80.00 - per night - (3 night minimum) + 10% Tax +
$ 65.00 cleaning fee.
50% deposit due at the time of booking. Refundable within 30 days. Full payment due if booked less than 30 days in advance.
Final payment is due two weeks prior to your arrival.
A thirty day written cancellation notice is required for ALL cancellations
- $ 560.00 Weekly rental
- $1,350 Monthly rental.
Directions lock box code and confirmation will be sent upon receiving your deposit.
Check-In time is 10:00 a.m. and Check-Out time is 3:00 p.m.
Directions to Noah’s Lark Cottage:
From Atlanta (from the South):
1) Take I-75 North to I-575 North (Exit 268). This is also the Canton, GA exit.
2) Travel approximately 31 miles on I-575, and then it will become Zell Miller Parkway (also called GA 515).
3) Continue on 515 approximately 41 miles to Blue Ridge, GA.
4) Turn left onto GA 5 and go approximately 10 miles into McCaysville, GA.
5) GA 5 will dead-end into Highway 68 once you are in McCaysville.
6) Turn left onto Highway 68. You will now be in Copperhill, TN. Copperhill, TN and McCaysville, GA is the same town, except part of the town in GA and part of the town is in TN. You will actually see the state lines marked on a couple of buildings.
7) Continue on TN 68 for about 4 miles. Watch for Highway 64, which will split from Highway 68. Veer right onto Highway 64 (headed east) and continue approximately 4 miles until you come to the North Carolina State Line.
8) Once you come to the NC state line, you will take make a u-turn back into Tennessee (at the Stateline Fireworks Store). You will now be headed west on Highway 64, and you will take an immediate right onto Golf Course Road.
9) Follow Golf Course Road for approximately 1 mile until the road splits, and turns right onto Burgertown Road.
10) Follow Burgertown Road for approximately 1 mile and then turn right onto McAlister Lane. After turning right follow this road for approximately 1 mile (you will cross back into North Carolina). The road will take a 90-degree left turn, which will put you on Tater Creek Road.
11) Follow Tater Creek Road for less than one mile. Tater Creek Road will bring you to a fork in the road. Take the dirt road to the right that has the green Bear Mountain Estates sign, now partially hidden by a hedge. As you drive up be on the look out for a gravel driveway on your right. You will also see a “356” sign on the right. This sign marks the driveway to the cottage. It has beige cedar siding.
From Murphy NC (from the East):
Find highway 64 heading west and drive approx. 20 miles.
You will cross the Tennessee State Line and see the State Line Village (Fire Works) Store on your right. Immediately past the fireworks store, you will see a green sign on the right for Golf Course Road (the first road past the NC/Tenn state line)
12) Turn right onto Golf Course Road and follow it for approximately 1 mile until the road splits, and turn right onto Burgertown Road.
13) Follow Burgertown Road for approximately 1 mile and then turn right onto McAlister Lane. (The actual street sign for McAlister Lane is missing but there is a sign that reads “Bethlem Church”). After turning right, follow this road for approximately 1 mile (you will cross back into North Carolina). The road will take a 90-degree left turn, which will put you on Tater Creek Road.
14) Follow Tater Creek Road for less than one mile. Tater Creek Road will bring you to a fork in the road. Take the dirt road to the right that has the green Bear Mountain Estates sign, now partially hidden by a hedge. As you drive up be on the look out for a gravel driveway on your right. You will also see a “356” sign on the right. This sign marks the driveway to the cottage. It has beige cedar siding.
A short drive west on Highway 64 will take you to the whitewater rafting community stretched along the fast running Ocoee River. Along this route you will find access to the Cherokee National Park. The Park is thousands of square miles of unspoiled mountain camp sites, hiking trails, mountain streams, forests and idyllic seclusion.
|Jan 01 2014||Dec 31 2014||$80||$80||$440||$1,200||3 Nights|
|Check In: 10 a.m. Check Out: 3 p.m.|
|Lodging tax: 10%|
|Deposits: •50% deposit due at the time of booking if 30 days in advance. *Full payment due at the time of booking if less than 30 days in advance. Full payment due in advance if booked less than 30 days prior. •Final payment is due two weeks prior to your arrival. •A thirty day written cancellation notice is required for ALL cancellations. No refunds after booking and payment and or occupancy. *We accept personal checks and Paypal.|
|Payment Options: Cashier's Check, Mastercard, Money Order, PayPal, Personal Check, Visa|
|Other Fees: $ 65.00 Cleaning Fee Pet fee negotiable|
- 2 Queen Beds
- Air Conditioning
- Full Kitchen
- Linens Provided
- Hardwood Floors
- Parking Included
- Screened Porch
- Pet Friendly
- View (Mountains)
- Alarm Clock
- DVD Player
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- CD Player
- Gas Grill
- Ceiling Fan
- Hair Dryer
- Refrigerator (Full)
- Coffee Maker
- Water Skiing
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Skiing
- Grocery Store
- Shopping Area
- Jet Skiing
- Live Entertainment
- Basketball Court
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Movie Theater
1) There are games, puzzles, and a selection of DVD's for kid's and grown-ups.. Brochures are included for hiking trails, white water rafting, horseback riding, scenic drives in the area and other fun stuff.
2) Great hiking is right outside your door. A good 1-mile hike up the mountain will provide more panoramic mountain views. Or hike down to the valley below where there are small farms and ranches. The walk is scenic and the neighbors are friendly.
3) If you haven’t tried whitewater rafting, please give it a try! The Ocoee River is 20 minutes away, west on Highway 64. The Ocoee provides Class 4 and up rapids for experienced white water rafters, kayakers etc. It is the site of the 1996 Whitewater Olympics competition. There are many rafting companies along the river.
The Nantahla River is east of Murphy and have Class 2 & 3 rapids, perfect for beginners and kids.
4) Rolling Thunder River Company is another whitewater rafting company located on Highway 68 in McCaysville.
5) Or if you want a more relaxed trip down the river, try tubing. Rolling Thunder offers tube rentals for a very reasonable $5-6 rate.
6) Blanche Manor offers horseback riding along forest and mountain trails.
7) These are some restaurants you might like:
El Rio Mexican – Highway 68 in Copperhill.
Rib Country – Highway 64 in Murphy.
Shoebooties – Main Street in Murphy.
Blue Jeans Pizza – downtown Blue Ridge. WIFI.
Serenity Café – downtown Blue Ridge
Dairy Queen - Blue Ridge. WIFI.
Burger King - Blue Ridge. WIFI.
Herb's Barbeque - Highway 64. 10 miles East toward Murphy.
Merciers - A huge homegrown apple outlet located on highway 5 between McCaysville and Blue Ridge. They offer fruit pies, fritters, ice cream, hot dogs, hamburgers and sandwhiches. You can buy various jams, jellies and relishes. Many brands of apples and other fruit are offered by the bushell or the bag. Local arts and crafts are for sale in the large gift shop.
8) For groceries, there is a Piggly Wiggly grocery store 6 miles to the west on Highway 64 in nearby Ducktown.
An Ingles grocery store is on highway 515 in Blueridge GA.
9) There is a Hardee’s right across the highway from the Piggly Wiggly.
MILEAGE CHART FROM THE CABIN
Atlanta, GA 134
Charlotte, NC 250
Raleigh, NC 320
Maggie Valley, NC 97
Winston-Salem, NC 278
Memphis, TN 411
Chattanooga, TN 68
Nashville, TN 200
Blueridge, GA 15
Washington, DC 576
Lexington, KY 259
St. Louis, MO 505
Birmingham, AL 212
Meridian, MS 358
Jackson, MS 449
Miami, FL 769
Orlando, FL 546
Jupiter, FL 689
Tampa, FL 564
Pensacola, FL 426
Tallahassee, FL 374
Cocoa, FL 590
Naples, FL 722
Jacksonville, FL 423
Daytona Beach, FL 518
Mobile, AL 432
New Orleans, LA 556
Indianapolis, IN 446
Kansas City, MO 752
Kansas, KS 756
Reviews for this vacation cabin rental in Murphy, North Carolina
July 23, 2014
My 3rd visit. So quiet and peaceful. Everything you need.sleep, eat, watch great TV. Cook out on the grill or sit on the deck and watch the sun slip behind the mountains. The only way you couldn't luv it is to not go. :)
July 17, 2013
Had a great time. We will probably rent it again. Cabin was crean, well equiped and quite comfortable. We had a nice relaxing vacation.
November 6, 2012
This cabin is immaculate. We enjoyed home away from home with all you could ever ask for. We were able to cook in or out, enjoy the fireplace, watch tv, play games provided with the cabin, or go out to eat nearby. We travelled easily to Tenn. and Ga. all close by. comfortable beds and very clean. Thanks Paula. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Lynn Johnson Everett
Just What We Needed
August 16, 2012
We found this cabin so comfortable and there were many thoughtful touches provided by the owners ( full size bars of soap, Kleenex, extra paper towels and t.p., plenty of bath and kitchen linens, salt & pepper. etc.) just things that we were not expecting. The reception for cell phones and internet (with our router) and Direct T.V. was excellent. It was nice to park on a level spot right by the door to the screen porch and not have to climb a single step to unload the car. The first time finding our way to the cabin was a bit tricky due to some of the street/road signs missing but we learned to follow the blue signs for New Hope Church and that made it a lot easier. We enjoyed the 9 hole golf course at the foot of the mountain and the course employees were exceptionally nice. There were some really good eating places in Murphy which were very reasonable. One of the best parts of our stay was watching the gorgeous sunsets every evening. I am happy we chose this cabin to escape from the extreme heat and pesky gnats of south Georgia. We needed a break !!!
April 10, 2012
Great place for vacations!!!
Mableton, GA USA
September 21, 2011
We stayed at Noah's Lark for 3 nights and it was perfect for our needs. The screened porch and deck provided great outside accommodations and inside we had all we needed. It was very secluded and had a great sunset view. It was convenient to the whitewater outfitters as well as some nice hiking trails. We'll stay there again.
November 16, 2010
Noah's Lark is a fine cabin-- nothing fancy but clean, nice and acceptable. You can't beat the price. Finding your way to it and from it may be a little challenging-- poorly marked, narow, winding moutain roads, steep driveway etc. (The directions are perfectly good.) We didn't try it after dark but the road access was fine for a Toyota Avalon and Camry. I wouldn't describe the location as extremely isolated but you didn't have to worry about anyone close by (except, possibly, a house up the hill and out of sight and, maybe, a wondering bear). It's a great location to get away from the city but only about 20 minutes to the tourist shopping/eating in Blue Ridge.
October 23, 2010
After a hair raising ride up the mountain to this cottage, PERFECT! Just what the Doctor ordered.
Noah's Lark Review
July 7, 2010
I enjoyed my stay at Noah's Lark once I got there. It was a beautiful and well equipped house, very serene and gorgeous setting. It would be highly beneficial if solar lighting or some kind of lighting was put up by the arrows leading to the house. It was extremely hard to find and sometimes scarey trying to find it at night because it was so dark, being encased in the woods without any lights. If I'd known the roads leading up to the house were going to be so primitive I'd have used a vehicle other than my marquis. But again, once I got there and got familiar with my surroundings I loved it. I am considering visiting it again in the fall or winter.
Beautiful Views! Cozy Cabin!
November 1, 2009
My family and I stayed at Noah's Lark at the height of leaf season, and it couldn't have been more stunning!! The views from the deck were incredible. The cabin is spotlessly clean and well maintained. Very cozy and comfortable. Charmingly decorated. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you, Les!!! Jeff, Karin & Hannah Lawrence P.S. If you have the time definitely take Les's advice and go to the Mercier Orchards!!!! MMMM....Yummy Everything!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in Renting this Property?
School:Georgia State University
Work:TV Producer and Writer
About:I am a TV Documentary Producer. My company, Red Sail Productions, is headquartered in the Atlanta area with an office in Orlando. Florida. The cottage is a great place to get away and to work on my projects. But I usually end up working on the cottage....
- View full profile