North Carolina Vacation Rentals, North Carolina Cabin Rentals
- Asheville (27)
- Chimney Rock (1)
- Maggie Valley (10)
- Sparta (1)
- Bakersville (1)
- Cullowhee (1)
- Marble (1)
- Stone Mountain State Park (1)
- Banner Elk (11)
- Franklin (16)
- Mars Hill (2)
- Sugar Grove (1)
- Beech Mountain (3)
- Hayesville (1)
- Marshall (1)
- Sugar Mountain (2)
- Black Mountain (3)
- Hendersonville (1)
- Murphy (9)
- Todd (8)
- Blowing Rock (1)
- Highlands (1)
- Nantahala (1)
- Union Mills (1)
- Boone (8)
- Hot Springs (3)
- Newland (1)
- W Kerr Scott Lake (1)
- Brevard (4)
- Lake James (1)
- Old Fort (1)
- Waynesville (2)
- Bryson City (5)
- Lake Lure (4)
- Otto (1)
- Weaverville (1)
- Burnsville (3)
- Linville (3)
- Robbinsville (2)
- West Jefferson (4)
- Cashiers (3)
- Little Switzerland (2)
- Saluda (1)
Visiting North Carolina
With so many different experiences possible, visitors love staying in North Carolina vacation rentals. Between coastal homes and Outer Banks vacation rentals, visitors have plenty of North Carolina oceanfront properties from which to choose. If the beach isn’t for you, head up to one of the great North Carolina cabin rentals located in the North Carolina mountains.
Regions in North Carolina
North Carolina rentals can be found in the following regions:
- Central North Carolina vacation rentals in areas like Charlotte and Greensboro.
- Coastal rentals include North Carolina beach rentals in Carolina Beach and Sunset Beach. Oak Island, Bald Head Island and North Topsail Beach rentals are popular lodging along the southern coast. Long Beach and Yaupon Beach consolidated in 1999 to become Oak Island. Oak Island rentals are located across ten miles of sandy beach. A short ferry ride from Southport brings vacationers to Bald Head Island.
- The Mountain region has North Carolina cabin rentals which include Asheville, Maggie Valley, and Murphy vacation rentals.
- Outer Banks vacation rentals include Nags Head homes and Corolla properties. OBX vacation rentals are located throughout the Outer Banks.
Sightseeing for North Carolina Vacation Rental Guests
Golfing, the beaches, and shopping can keep visitors occupying Outer Banks vacation rentals and guests throughout North Carolina too busy for sightseeing. Here are some other fun activities while visiting North Carolina:
- Vacationers occupying Outer Banks vacation rentals often visit Roanoke Island and Nags Head vacation rentals are less than ten miles northeast of Roanoke Island.
- See Old Salem, part of Winston Salem demonstrating life circa 1770s – 1840s. Winston Salem is about a six hours drive west for vacationers lodging in Outer Banks rentals.
- Visit the Cherokee Indian Reservation situated just south of Greater Smoky Mountains National Park. Vacationers lodging in Smoky Mountains, NC cabin rentals can walk through Oconaluftee Indian village or see the Museum of the Cherokee Indian.
Outdoor Fun in North Carolina
With wonderful temperate weather and varied geography, North Carolina offers loads of outdoor fun:
- Wreck scuba diving along the coast supplies adventure for divers. Guests lodging in Outer Banks vacation rentals can choose between numerous wreck sites.
- Hikers find Smoky Mountains, North Carolina cabin rentals a great location. Asheville is a perfect central location for nature appreciation.
- Go fishing! With all the rental homes Corolla NC has to offer, Corolla makes the ideal home base for fishing. Corolla is about an hour’s drive north of Outer Banks vacation rentals in Nags Head. With its fabulous vacation homes, Corolla NC is an ideal spot for vacationers.
Outer Banks Rentals
Outer Banks vacation rentals give visitors a “getting away from it all experience.” Outer Banks homes can be found up and down the Outer Banks. Guests looking for OBX vacation rentals frequently pick Corolla, as well as two other well-liked locations in Duck and Kill Devil Hills. We recommend reserving Nags Head real estate rentals months in advance.
Outer Banks vacation rentals are offered in an array of locations, sizes, and price ranges. Outer Banks properties include luxury Outer Banks homes, reasonable condominiums and large single-family homes. Numerous Outer Banks vacation rentals offer waterfront access and can face the Atlantic Ocean or the Albemarle Sound (soundfront). Visitors staying in OBX rentals enjoy the beach. Other top pastimes for guests in Outer Bank are fishing, kayaking, kite flying, biking, windsurfing, and golfing. Tourists lodging in Outer Banks vacation rentals can go to Kitty Hawk to see where the Wright Brothers made their first flights in 1903. While Outer Banks rental homes allows for fantastic dining-in, numerous vacationers take advantage of amazing local dining scenes. Visitors staying in Nags Head head over to Dunes Restaurant for the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet and extensive children’s menu.
Outlet Shopping in North Carolina
North Carolina has wonderful outlet shopping destinations. Tangier Outlet shopping in Manteo is less than a five-mile drive north for visitors lodging in Nags Head. Smithfield, about a two-hour drive from the coast for shoppers occupying Topsail Island vacation rentals, has almost 90 stores.
Many North Carolina cabin rental guests head over to Hickory, with almost 40 furniture stores. Hickory may be too far for a day trip for travelers staying in North Carolina beach rentals. However, travelers could stop at Hickory on the way to Nags Head, especially if coming from the west.
Food and Dining in North Carolina
Locals and visitors alike relish various dishes of yummy sweet potato casserole. Other popular recipes including pulled pork barbeque. These favorites entice guests occupying Outer Bank vacation rentals and North Carolina cabin rentals.
North Carolina Weather
The weather for vacationers staying in Outer Banks vacation rentals and properties throughout North Carolina can strike perfection. Guests lodging in Outer Banks rentals experience summer temperatures up to the low 90s degrees Fahrenheit. In winter months, visitors can get temperatures in the low 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
North Carolina cabin rentals in the Smoky Mountains provide cooler temperatures in summer months. Temperatures can range up to 20 degrees Fahrenheit cooler in the mountain ranges than what guests staying in Outer Banks rentals usually receive.
When to Visit North Carolina
Visitors find staying in North Carolina vacation rentals irresistible no matter what the season. Many vacationers schedule rental reservations for one of these events:
- Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival in August in Cary. Cary is a two-hour drive for guests staying in Topsail beach rentals.
- In October, visitors enjoy the Carolina Balloon Fest in Statesville or the Barbeque Festival in Lexington. Statesville is a two-hour drive east for vacationers lodging in Lake Lure lakefront rentals. North Carolina cabin rentals in Lake Lure are 150 miles west from Lexington.
- “Unto These Hills… A Retelling” is a fantastic outdoor drama performed during the summer in Cherokee. Of all the cabin rentals Smoky Mountains have to offer, Cherokee North Carolina cabin rentals are the best accommodations for visitors coming to see this performance. Other Smokey Mountains cabins make sense if North Carolina cabin rentals in Cherokee are not available. Maggie Valley vacation rentals, for example, are 80 miles east of Cherokee.