Sanibel Island Vacation Rentals, Apartments, & More
Sanibel Island Condo
2 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms / Sleeps 6
Sanibel Island Travel Tips
If laid-back time on the beach in the sun fits your vacation itinerary, Sanibel Island might be the perfect destination for you and your family. With beautiful beaches along the Gulf of Mexico, Sanibel Island offers a luxurious vacation experience. Plenty of Sanibel Island rentals abound, many available online and by owner at Vacation Home Rentals. Browse our site for some of the best vacation rentals Sanibel Island has to offer.
Explore the many Sanibel Island rentals available so you can enjoy the attractions in the area. Whether your family prefers active pursuits or relaxing on the beach, Sanibel Island has something for you.
- Boat Cruises: Venture out onto the Gulf waters on a boat cruise. You can enjoy a narrated tour to experience the beauty and learn about the area. The Sanibel Thriller embarks from the Sanibel Marina. Expect to spot marine wildlife such as dolphins and blue herons while you’re out.
- Sports: Sports activities abound in the Sanibel Island area. Rent bikes to tour the area on two wheels. Kayak and canoe rental is also available. Explore the water on a stand-up paddle board and get exercise at the same time. Golfers can enjoy Sanibel Island’s scenic courses, with ocean views while you navigate the courses.
- Beach Activities: Shelling on the beach is a popular activity on Sanibel Island. Step out of one of the luxurious Sanibel Island vacation rentals to enjoy a pristine beach. The island boasts over 400 different shell species, making it a premier spot for finding rare beauties. Sanibel’s geographic location makes it ideal for shelling. You might even find the coveted conch shell on the beaches of Sanibel.
- Shops and Galleries: Visit the many art galleries and shops on Sanibel Island. You’ll find driftwood and shell art native to the area. Shops and galleries also feature oil and watercolor paintings, pottery, glass, and jewelry handcrafted from local artists.
Choose an event and save the date so you’re in Sanibel Island at the right time. This island community has plenty of events planned throughout the year. Choose from the many Sanibel Island condo rentals available for your family, located conveniently near the planned events.
- Island Hopper Songwriter Fest: In late September and early October, Sanibel Island hops with the Island Hopper Songwriter Fest. Book one of the Sanibel Island house rentals and attend free music shows scheduled over two weekends. Get to know bands and artists in this laid-back, intimate setting.
- National Public Lands Day: Sanibel Island celebrates National Public Lands Day in late September. Explore the island on a guided hike, attend recycled craft programs, and watch a showing of “Addicted to Plastic” to learn about the dangers of disposable plastic bottles in the ocean.
- Ding Darling Days: Visit Sanibel Beach in October for a week of Ding Darling Days. Sanibel Island vacation rentals provide easy access to the beach events. With a focus on ecology and the environment, you can enjoy family activities such as kayaking tours, tram tours, wildlife presentations, and a conservation art day.
- Luminary Night: Celebrate the holiday season at Sanibel Island’s Luminary Night. Held each year during the first weekend in December, merchants along Periwinkle Way line the street with paper bag luminaries. Enjoy refreshments and extended shopping hours to spread holiday cheer.
- New Year’s Eve: Ring in the New Year on Sanibel Island. Spread a blanket and sit on the Lighthouse Beach for a clear view of fireworks over the Gulf set off in nearby Fort Myers, FL. The Sanibel Recreation Center plans a night of family fun on New Year’s Eve with activities for the entire family to enjoy.