Charming and Secluded Cedar Country House
|Per night||$150 - $180|
$480 for 2 nights ($240 per night)
$550 for 3 nights ($183 per night)
$675 for 4 nights
$800 for 5 nights
$925 for 6 nights
$1050 for 7 nights (only $150 per night!)
NO PETS, NO SMOKING. SLEEPS 7 MAX.
Charming and spacious cedar country house on 5 private acres with glorious flower gardens, meadows, fruit tree orchard, woods and a small pond. Five minutes behind the house is a pristine and serene reservoir for kyaking or fishing.
The rental would be perfect as an artists retreat (you can work in the large artist's studio), or for friends, a family, outdoor enthusiasts, or anyone that just wants to enjoy country life for a while.
* Raft or tube down the Delaware River.
* Go fishing ,swimming, or kyacking 5 minutes behind the house in a pristine reservoir.
* Go hiking, biking or swimming. There are lakes and river beaches in the area.
* Go wine tasting.
* Go to an outdoor concert at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts.
* See a play at the Forestburgh Playhouse.
* Eat lunch or dinner on White Lake.
* Play badminton or croquet on the property.
* Go birding. There are tons of native birds in the area.
* Sit under one of the fruit trees with a cold drink.
* Go to a local antiques auction or go antiquing in Port Jervis, Milford, Narrowsburg, or Calicoon.
* Drive along the famous scenic Hawks Nest road near the house to view the fall foliage and spectacular views along the Delaware River.
* Enjoy the autumn colors while hiking or biking.
* Go bowling at the bowling alley in Port Jervis.
* Go cross country skiing or snowshoeing at High Point State Park.
*Go downhill skiing at Holiday Mountain or other ski resorts.
* Go for winter walks on country roads or walk behind the house to the alpine reservoir.
* Play boardgames in front of a rustic fireplace and keep nice and toasty with the wood stove.
* Make art or write a novel (or just read one)!
* High-speed Wi-fi for watching videos on your computer, ipads, or other devices.
* TV monitor with a DVD player and a stack of movies, but no traditional tv reception (it is time to bond with nature)
* Board games to play with friends or your kids
* Badminton court and a Croquet set
DETAILS: The rentals are for a minimum of 2 nights and a maximum of 10 days in the summer and is available for longer stays in other seasons.
We take Paypal or cash.
Email for more details.
It is close to the Delaware River near, the Delaware Water Gap and all of the rafting companies, the Bethel Woods Arts Center, the historic town of Milford, PA, High Point State Park, White Lake, historic Calicoon, Port Jervis and the stunning Rio Reservoir.
Also nearby are lake and river beaches, hiking trails, cross country skiing, antique stores and auctions.
|Jan 01 2012||Dec 31 2013||$150||$180||$1,050||$1,500||2 nights|
|Check In: 11 a.m. Check Out: 3 p.m.|
|Deposits: $400 returnable security deposit|
|Payment Options: Cashier's Check, PayPal|
New York CIty
December 19, 2012
My boyfriend and I have stayed at this house several times. The bucolic setting—quiet, private, off the road, nestled among meadows and woods—is perfect for birdwatching, relaxing, and socializing (plenty of room for guests). Nearby rafting, swimming, skiing, hiking. The house is in perfect condition, with modern, aesthetic, eclectic design; fireplace, wood stove, ample kitchen and dining facilities, dishwasher, Internet, all amenities. Outdoor deck, fire pit, badminton court. In season, the garden blooms. A perfect retreat, yet also near Delaware water gap, parks, landmarks, shopping and attractions. Highly recommended.
Pittsburgh, PA USA
July 19, 2012
My husband, two teenage grandchildren, and I rented this property over the July 4th week. It is not your ordinary cabin in the woods. The furniture and artwork are very special, not a bunch of chotzkeys that someone had leftover from a yardsale. The setting is serene, with woods, flowers, and birds.In the morning, we'd have our breakfast under the trees away from the house. In the afternoon, we hiked along the rivers and waterfalls in the area. After dinner we played cards at the table on the deck. Once the sun started to set, we loved to play badminton in the yard. It's a great place to just sit outside and look at the stars. We were comfortable without AC and used our laptop to view DVD's, since there is no TV. This is a beautiful country getaway if you love nature and peace and quiet.
Yes, I have to say it is idyllic. We call it our mini-national park.
NOTES: We now have a TV monitor with a stack of DVDs to watch. We also have WIFI throughout the house so you can watch videos on your computers or ipads, even if we don't have regular tv transmission.
Also, in the summer it is so cool at night that we use a light blanket. No need at all for airconditioning in these parts.