Eleuthera Vacation Rentals & House Rentals - 8 Rentals Available
8 Vacation rentals
North Palmetto Point House
- 2 bedrooms 2
- 2 bathrooms
- sleeps 6 6
- min stay varies
- Beach/lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 0 mi
- Child friendly
from $260.00 / night
Page 1 of 11
Eleuthera, Bahamas Travel Tips
Beaches and Nature
- French Leave Beach: This pink-sand beach is great for families who enjoy a quiet, peaceful getaway.
- Lighthouse Beach is another beach with pink sands and crystal-clear water. This secluded beach offers beautiful views and great opportunities for snorkeling.
- Glass Window Bridge: This natural rock formation is the meeting place of the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans. Stand on the bridge and take in the stunning view of two oceans (with several different shades of blue!)
- Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve: This nature preserve is the perfect way to get to know the flora and fauna of Eleuthera.
Things to Do
- Horseback Riding on the island of Eleuthera is sure to be a breathtaking experience for the whole family! Travel through beautiful nature trails and explore the beach on horseback.
- Water-Based Tours are a great way to spend your time on Eleuthera. Go diving, snorkeling, fishing, and much more.
- Kayaking is wonderful in the Bahamas! Eleuthera’s clear water makes kayaking a fun, unique experience. You can explore the reef without needing to snorkel!
Fun with Kids
- Hill-Top Farms Petting Zoo is great for kids who love animals! Stop by the farm and meet goats, cows, chickens, and much more.
- Surfing Lessons are perfect for families with older children! There are many reputable local companies that offer professional lessons for the whole family.
- The Pineapple Festival (June): Eleuthera is known for having some of the best pineapples in the world. Join locals and fellow tourists as they celebrate with a pineapple-eating contest, live entertainment, and much more.
- Deep Creek Conch Fest (June): Also held in June, this celebration of the Deep Creek settlement is an excellent way to learn more about the local culture. The festival features home cooking, arts and crafts, and live music.
If you're looking for a warm, sunny place to call home for a few days or a few weeks, make Eleuthera, Bahamas, your destination. Choose from a range of Eleuthera vacation homes right on the sea, and get ready to enjoy some seriously relaxing island living.
ClimateEleuthera boasts warm weather year-round. In July and August, temperatures climb to the mid-80s, and in December and January they dip slightly into the 70s. Less than 4 inches of rainfall during most months, but the rainy season arrives in late summer and stays through fall. Eleuthera typically receives 9 inches of rain in October, which could dampen even the most well-planned vacation.
TransitGetting to Eleuthera is part of the fun, whether you arrive by air or by sea. To fly, book a flight to Governor's Harbour International Airport, North Eleuthera International Airport, or Rock Sound International Airport. If you're traveling from nearby Nassau, hop on the daily ferry for a high-speed trip to Eleuthera.
Once you arrive on the island, plan to take a taxi or rent a car to drive between Eleuthera vacation homes and the island's top attractions. If you opt to drive, keep in mind that Eleuthera has just one primary road with no traffic lights that connects the island's north end to the south end.
Things to DoWhen you visit Eleuthera, the top item on your list should be doing absolutely nothing. With white and pink sand beaches, views of the sea on all sides, and a leisurely lifestyle, you're bound to want to relax.
Finding a quiet spot to yourself is easy on Eleuthera, especially with so many beaches to choose from. On the island's southern end, don't miss Lighthouse Beach, where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea. This beach boasts miles of rose-colored sand and has plenty of space to soak up some sun, go shelling, and take a dip in the sea. On the north side of the island, be sure to visit Ben Bay Beach, a protected harbor that offers a tranquil destination for families and couples alike.
If you're seeking adventure, you'll find plenty of water sports and diving off the coast of Eleuthera. Explore the stunning reefs just offshore and go scuba diving or shark diving with the experts at Ocean Fox Cotton Bay. If fishing, turtle chasing, or spearfishing is more your speed, plan a day with Fishbone Tours and throw in a beach trip to explore more uncharted territory.
EventsSummer tends to be festival time in Eleuthera, and the Pineapple Festival kicks off the season in style. Participate in pineapple-themed sports, check out the pineapple cooking contest, cheer on the pineapple eating contest, and try a pineapple beverage or two at this multi-day party in Gregory Town. At the end of the season, party at the Goombay Summer Festival with dozens of musical acts, cultural events, and even a grand concert.
No matter when you plan your visit to Eleuthera, you'll find the ideal balance of relaxation, adventure, and fun. Book your choice of Eleuthera vacation homes and enjoy a slice of local life on this island in the Bahamas.
What is Certificate of Excellence?
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers.