- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $1136 - $1751
- Per week:
- $7952 - $12251
3 Unknown types
Description from manager
THE VILLA (sleeps 12)
The villa is laid out on 3 floors. There are 3 bedrooms areas with a total of 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Each group of bedrooms (A), (B), (C) share a bathroom.
* Entrance hall
* Living room with access to the garden and to the Andalusian patio, two comfortable sofas, decorative fireplace, TV (Sky), table for 8
* Fully equipped spacious kitchen: 6 burns stove, electric oven, large fridge with freezer and ice maker, dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, table for 6 people
* Andalusian spacious courtyard with tables for 14/16 people
* Toilet room (WC, 2 washbasins)
* Laundry (accessable from the patio) with washing machine; only the staff has access to the laundry area.
* Master bedroom (A) with lake view
* Twin bedroom (A - beds cannot be pushed together) accessed by the patio
* Bathroom (A) with tub and handheld shower (the bathroom can be accessed directly by the two rooms)
* Sitting room
* Twin/double bedroom (B) with lake view - the beds can be pushed together
* Twin/double bedroom (B) with study room - (the room features 2 levels: study room with desk, TV and printer and the twin/double bed in the loft upstairs - view towards the village - the beds can be pushed together
* Bathroom (B) with shower
* Double bedroom (C) with lake view and access to the terrace
* Twin/double bedroom (C) with lake view and access to the terrace (this bedroom can be accessed only from the terrace or through the other bedroom - the beds can be pushed together
* Bathroom (C) with shower (the bathroom can be accessed only passing through the twin bedroom)
One staff member lives at the property and works 8 hours a day (Tuesday off). He prepares breakfast every day and has access to the laundry area. He lives on the top floor of the property in a separated unit with independent entrance.
The guesthouse (see below):
If the guesthouse is not rented the discrete owner and his wife occasionally will use one of the units. In this case a small part of the garden, the one in front of the guesthouse, will not be accessible.
Enjoy the views and walk to the village
Villa Lago Maggiore is a unique in-town villa with a beautiful historic garden and splendid view. Set in the pleasant lake shore village of Baveno, located 500 meters uphill the centre of Baveno, the villa is in walking distance to shops, restaurants and the main boulevard along Baveno’s lake promenade. Also the Baveno ferry berth is in walking distance (750 m). The lovely resort town Stresa is just 5 km south and Milan can be reached in just an hour's drive.
The villa was built in the 17th century on an ancient monastery and features a unique 17th century Andalusian patio. The villa is surrounded by a spacious terraced garden. Descending the garden path guests can reach the swimming pool overlooking the lake. The pool is not fenced and there is an external shower near the pool.
The property features the Main Villa (sleeps 12 people), a guesthouse (sleeps 4 people) and the magnificent garden. All living areas are furnished with a mix of modern design and antiques that have belonged to the owner's family for hundreds of years. Spacious rooms with high ceilings and large panoramic windows offer comfortable living.
A total of 16 people can be accommodated (8 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms). If your group is smaller you can benefit from the advantage of a price reduction for groups up to 12 people (in this case the guesthouse will not be available).
The beautiful garden (1.5 hectare) was designed in the twenties by Maurice Blondel (1861 - 1949) - a Catholic positivist French thinker, author of the “Philosophy of Action” who bought the villa after the First World War and created a unique piece of art. It is fully fenced and rich of wonderful centuries old plants. This very special garden features three distinct styles, each characterized with different flora and vegetation: the formal Italian box garden, the English rose garden and the Japanese water garden. All around are peonies, azelias, cammelias and valuable trees, including Japanese maples, cedars, chestnuts and a spectacular canphora tree. Thanks to the owner ‘s restoration the enchantment of Blondel´s garden has been preserved.
Villa Lago Maggiore is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
The local train passes 250 meters from the property (downhill and separated by other properties, trees and bushes).
Resident staff: One staff member lives at the property and works 8 hours a day. He prepares breakfast every day. He lives on the top floor of the property in a separated unit with independent entrance.
Additional amenities: 6 ring gas hob, Andalusian courtyard for al fresco dining, CD-stereo, TV, Coffee maker, Ipod player, Large fridge with freezer and ice maker, Laundry area accessible only by staff, Pool: 4 x 16m, Video Game Console
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($1,759.48) €1,500.00
- No smoking at this property
- Housekeeping Included
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Mountain Views
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Staffed property
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Washing machine
- Water sports
- Horse riding
- 3 Unknown types
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Baveno, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.