Camden Bungalow close to ocean & downtown.
From $40 / night
|Per night:||$100 - $150|
|Per week:||$750 - $875|
Pets allowed: No
Imagine a quiet morning on the deck enjoying a cup of coffee, put the umbrella up for some nice shade while you read the newspaper Or a nice game of badminton in the back yard... perhaps some sunbathing as you get ready for a day at the nearby ocean.
Schooner rides or a trip to the Island... Choose from several in beautiful Camden Harbor. Hike the trails, ride your bike, or make this your base for visiting around Maine! Located halfway between Portland and Bar Harbor, this is the ideal spot to stay and visit all points in Maine.
The Bungalow features all the finer luxuries of a cozy home including all kitchen amenities, outdoor patio deck with dinning for 4, Lobster pot with outdoor grill for your very own Lobster bake. TV/DVD with a variety of videos to select from; Need to do some business or keep up with whats going on at home? High Speed Wi-Fi and long distance phone service is available.
The master bedroom includes a Queen size bed with reading lamp and nightstand, decorated in Palm Tree style for a relaxing night. Dressers with mirror and drawers to unpack and move in for your stay. Plush pillow-top mattress with fluffy down comforters for cool summer nights.
The Master bedroom has a closet complete with hangers and ironing board. Storage closet at entryway for suitcase storage.
A comfortable couch pulls out as a bed that sleeps two.
Just blocks away you will explore various shopping options, from unique boutiques, one of a kind shops specific to Camden. You will also find exciting restaurants featuring Maine seafood; art galleries, and local artists painting along the ocean or woods.
Within a few minutes drive you can Tee it up at some of the best golf courses Camden area has to offer. Can you say Samoset! Or closer yet, Rockland Golf Course, one mile away from Bungalow!
Camden accommodations await you here, your home away from home.
Rent by the week, by the day or for a month. Winter monthly rental available at a reduced rate.
Interested in photography? Perhaps you are here for a class at the Workshop, onlly 1 mile from Maine Media Workshops classrooms and 2 miles from Center for Furniture Craftsmanship. Interested in some light Winter skiing? This area features one of the only ski slopes where you can ski and view the Ocean at the same time, the Camden Snow Bowl is a 'must try' for a nice easy to moderate -expert skier!
As a Summary:
The Bungalow is in a central location that allows you to experience a number of attractions in walking distance:
* Laite Beach - Laite Beach is just a 1/2 mile walk down the road. There are picnic tables, swings, and a beautiful panorama of the bay. This is a pebble beach, perfect for searching for shells, sea glass and other treasures. There is also a swimming platform about 100 feet off shore (if you don't mind the brisk water).
* Camden Harbor - The town center and the harbor are a pleasant 5 minute walk.
* Windjammer and Sailing Cruises - You can take a cruise on windjammers docked in either Camden, Rockport, or Rockland.
* Kayaking - You can rent a kayak for Megunticook Lake or, for the more adventurous, Camden and Rockport harbors, and Penobscot Bay.
* Lobster Dinner and More - There are plenty of restaurants to choose from right in Camden. Of course, if you want a real Maine Coast experience, try the Lobster Pounds in the area. Camden also offers great places for breakfast and lunch. Just to mention a few, you should definitely try Boynton-McKay located in the former pharmacy and soda fountain, Camden Deli across the street with outside seating overlooking the harbor, or the coffeehouse Zoot.
* Hike up the Mountains - One can certainly drive up to Mount Battie to enjoy the view, but if you want more exercise, there are several hiking trails up to the mountain ridges, ranging from easy to more difficult. One trail starts at the foot of the hill in Camden, just past the Library.
* Curtis Island Lighthouse - A short 10 minute walk will take you to an almost hidden path - off the beaten track - that offers a restful place to view the lighthouse as well as boats sailing into Camden Harbor. If you're lucky, you may even see a bald eagle. (There is a nest on the island.)
* "Oreo Cows" at Aldermere Farm - If you continue on towards Rockport, you will pass by the cemetery and then Aldermere Farm with Belted Galloways ("Oreo Cows").
* Children's Chapel - Just before you reach Rockport village, turn left along the golf course and follow the signs for the Children's Chapel. The garden and the view are well worth the walk.
* Rockport Harbor - A beautiful tranquil harbor with trails on either side.
|Oct 27 2016||Jun 01 2017||$100||$125||$750||$1,200||1 Week|
|Jun 01 2017||Oct 27 2017||$125||$150||$875||$3,000||1 Week|
|Check In: 4 p.m. Check Out: 10 a.m.|
|Lodging tax: 9 percent|
|Deposits: half the weekly rate serves as a deposit. For nightly rates the full amount is to be paid at time of reservation.|
|Payment Options: Cashier's Check, Discover, Money Order, PayPal, Personal Check, Visa|
|Other Fees: Cancel up to 30 days before check-in for a 75.000% refund, less a $50 fee. For Winter rentals all utilities are paid except oil heat and trash.|
Reviews for this vacation cottage rental in Camden, Maine
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
October 15, 2012
A perfect retreat for our anniversary vacation. The cottage is clean, comfortable and has everything needed, including enough coat hangers! The owners were VERY helpful. Within easy reach of the lovely town of Camden, with various eating places to try. We would recommend The Camden Deli and the nearby 3 Dogs Cafe in Rockland. We would definitely consider going back.