- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $542 - $542
- Per week:
- $3788 - $3788
3 Unknown types
Description from manager
An impressive entrance hall (conjointly used) is the first thing you see when stepping into the villa. An imposing staircase made of the silver-greyish Pietra-Serena stone leads to the upper floor. The here offered La Grande Terrazza apartment occupies the entire upper floor of the villa and develops all on one level. The apartment measures more than 240 sqm living space plus a 70 sqm terrace. It is laid out as follows:
* 1 centrally located, exceptionally big drawing room measuring approx. 65 sqm with three windows facing the garden, equipped with sofas, armchairs and a concert grand piano awaiting gifted hands
* 1 double bedroom (can be prepared as twin bedroom) with en suite bathroom (with shower) located in the antique tower with high ceiling; in this section there is also a small kitchenette with table for two people close by the window)
* 1 double bedroom beautifully decorated with wall friezes and wall frescoes and en suite bathroom (with shower) and a small kitchenette (in the corner between the bedroom and bathroom for preparing breakfast or a light meal); in this section there is also a small kitchenette with table for two people close by the window)
* 1 double bedroom (with access to the terrace) and en suite bathroom (with shower)
* 1 kitchen with oven and dishwasher
* 1 dining room (with access to the terrace) with additional bed for a 7th person on request
* The private and panoramic terrace with shadow roof measures 70 sqm and boasts amazing views. Equipped with a table and chairs to seat 6 people, it is a wonderful place for al fresco dining. Furthermore there are 6 sunloungers.
* The pool is conjointly used with the guests of the other apartments.
* Parking inside the property
Stunning views from the private terrace
La Grande Terrazza is a very large section of a stately 18th century villa. It comprises the entire Piano Nobile (elegant upper floor) of the historic villa with tower dating back to around the year 1000. The stately apartment measures 240 sqm living space and has five large windows, all looking out onto the lovely garden of villa (see the last photo in the photo gallery: upper floor with five windows four of which open).
The property is perched on a hilltop amidst a lush green countryside, exactely halfway between Florence and Siena (40 km distant each). The location is outstanding: From here you can enjoy stunning views of the gentle rolling hills, vineyards, olive trees leading to the extraordinary ancient towers of San Gimignano in the distance. The valley below is of rare beauty.
This historic estate was once the summer retreat for a Florentine family and has now been carefully divided into holiday apartments. All the original materials have been preserved or harmoniously matched with contemporary equivalents during this restoration that converted this grand Villa into guest apartments. The individual rooms are designed to preserve the elegance of times past and, at the same time, provide comfort for present-day guests. The largest and most beautiful accommodation, La Grande Terrazza, is offered here.
The name Grande Terrazza speaks for itself: the apartment boasts a wonderful, private and 70 sqm panoramic terrace with splendid views onto the celebrated Chianti landscape. With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms this noble floor sleeps a total of 6+1 people and is a perfect accommodation for 3 couples travelling together or a large family.
La Grande Terrazza has retained a charming ancient character due to the original antique furniture. Shimmering terracotta floors, beautiful mirrors with gold-painted baroque frames create a charming atmosphere resonant with history and art. The massive walls, high wood-panelled ceilings, arches, wall friezes and wall frescoes, stuccoes and hand-painted ceilings in some of the rooms enhance the special atmosphere of this ancient house.
The beautiful classical Tuscan garden with hand-carved stone balusters is laid out on the south side of the villa. The large garden is conjointly used with the other guests of the estate (Villa della Torre / also featured in our portfolio). The garden has several outdoor spots on a patio or under the old holm oaks. Rosemary and lavender bushes line the path to the large and elegant pool, which is spectacularly located on a plateau of English lawn and sits high above the valley. Also the pool is conjointly used with the guests of other apartments of the estate. Even when swimming in the pool you can savour the enchanting view of one of the most beautiful Chianti valleys. The panoramic view is magnificent, maybe even unsurpassable. And to add to your pleasure, the park and the pool are romantically lit in the evening. It may sound exaggerated but we want to say it: you can feel the surface of the globe here!
On the ground floor of the villa there is another, small apartment for 4+1 people which can be rented additionally making it a wonderful choice for a group of 10 people occupying in such a way the entire m
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($589.30) €500.00
- Please contact the owner
- Air conditioning
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- High Speed Internet
- Parking Included
- Wi-Fi available
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- 3 Unknown types
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Certaldo, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.