- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $1167 - $1167
- Per week:
- $8166 - $8166
Description from manager
* An impressive entrance hall with imposing staircase made of the silver-greyish Pietra-Serena stone is the first thing you see when stepping into the villa.
* Bedroom 1 "Caminetto": double bedroom (can be prepared as twin bedroom)
* Bedroom 2 "Caminetto": twin bedroom (beds can be joined)
* 2 bathrooms (shower)
* Small living room with open fireplace
* Centrally located, exceptionally big drawing room measuring approx. 65 sqm with three windows facing the garden, equipped with sofas, armchairs and a concert grand piano awaiting gifted hands.
* Bedroom 3 "Torre" air-conditioned: double bedroom (can be prepared as twin bedroom) located in the antique tower with high ceiling, en suite bathroom (shower)
* Bedroom 4 "Affresco Suite" air-conditioned: double bedroom (beds cannot be divided) beautifully decorated with wall friezes and wall frescoes, en suite bathroom (shower)
* Bedroom 5 "Terrazza Suite" air-conditioned: double bedroom (beds cannot be divided), en suite bathroom (shower), private living room and access to a private terrace with amazing views onto the open valley
* Large summer room with dining area and fully equipped kitchen; the room has French doors opening to the panoramic terrace equipped for al fresco dining.
* Bedroom 6 "Bellavista Suite" air-conditioned: double bedroom (beds cannot be divided), en suite bathroom (shower), private living room with large windows facing the beautiful valley
* Terrace equipped for al fresco dining with beautiful garden views
* Classical Tuscan garden with lawns and various sitting areas
* Wood pizza oven in the pool area
* Private swimming pool
* Parking inside the property
In a fairytale landscape
Villa Aurora is a large, historic villa just south of Florence. Located halfway between Florence and Siena (22 miles each), it is perched on a hilltop amidst a lush green countryside. The villa has a large swimming pool, a lovely garden with amazing views, terraces and patios.
This location is outstanding: From the garden you can enjoy stunning views of the gentle rolling hills, vineyards, olive trees leading to the extraordinary ancient towers of San Gimignano in the distance. The valley below is of rare beauty.
The antique tower dates back to around the year 1000, the villa itself to the middle of the 18th century. Once used as the summer retreat for a Florentine family the owner undertook a painstaking restauration. The facade opens onto beautifully interiors, Italian furnishings at its best.
The massive walls, high wood-panelled ceilings, arches, wall friezes and wall frescoes, stuccoes and hand-painted ceilings in some of the rooms enhance the special atmosphere of this ancient house. All the original materials have been preserved or harmoniously matched with contemporary equivalents. Tuscan colored walls, terracotta floors, beautiful mirrors with gold-painted baroque frames create a charming atmosphere resonant with history and art.
The villa is partly air-conditioned and it has 6 generous bedroom suites, each with a sitting area by the window, a fridge for drinks and an en suite bathroom. There is a large entrance hall, a spacious living room with grand piano and another small living room with open fireplace. Externally accessed there is a spacious room facing the garden with fully equipped kitchen and large dining room. The al fresco dining area is right in front of the villa, close to the kitchen. When joining for meals guests enjoy wonderful garden views. A cook can come into the house.
The beautiful classical Tuscan garden with hand-carved stone balusters is laid out on the south side of the villa. From here you can follow the course of the sun from sunrise to sunset. The panoramic view is magnificent, maybe even unsurpassable. It may sound exaggerated but we want to say it: you can feel the surface of the globe here!
Rosemary and lavender bushes line the path to the large and elegant pool, which is spectacularly located on a plateau of English lawn and sits high above the valley. Near the pool are changing rooms. The park and the pool are romantically lit in the evening. Even when swimming in the pool you can savour the enchanting view of one of the most beautiful Chianti valleys.
The property is an active "Azienda Agricola" and cultivates the neighbouring fields. You may stroll through the olive groves and vineyards surrounding the Villa and taste the Chianti wine, olive oil and superb grappa produced by the farm. The farm organises wine tastings free of charge in the nearby wine cellar, and the recently awarded Super Tuscan wine is excellent.
Additional amenities: Airport distance:Florence 40 km Pisa 80 km Rome 280 km, American coffee machine, Classical Tuscan garden with hand-carved stone balusters, Concert grand piano, Cooker, oven, Diswasher, Dog welcome, Electric kettle, Parking inside the property, Pool: 6 x 14m, Satellite TV and telephone in the entrance hall, Terrace for al fresco dining wi
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($936.74) €800.00
- Please contact the owner
- Linen provided
- Pet Friendly
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Towels provided
- Ceiling Fans
- 6 Showers
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Certaldo, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.