Description from owner
DOWNTOWN Large House, 2 Kitchens, 4 full baths w/porches, grill, & a yard. Groups love! Girls Weekends! Family, Wedding. Sleeps 16 . 1 king, 3 queen & 6 twins. Wifi, Keurig, HDTVs w/ Amazon, HBO, Bluray, & Surround.
Hosts do not get paid until after you check in and they will not charge you the security deposit unless a claim is made right after you check out. I am a native Charlestonian (born & bred) and can help make your trip to the Holy City a memorable and fun one. We are happy to help.
This is a 2 story home with 2 apartments, a yard with a grill and Charleston porches all included! Perfect for wedding groups, girls weekend, bachelor parties, etc.
TWO kitchens, FOUR full bathrooms, two laundry rooms, plenty of parking, FABULOUS downtown location with restaurants and bars within walking distance. We also have another large home a block away for rent if you need both for large events/ gatherings.
You will have the entire house to yourselves, plus the yard, grill and porches near the beautiful park. Restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and even Charleston's Palmetto Brewery are within walking distance. We are also happy to provide 2 bicycles and if you want to venture farther, we have Uber.
Interaction with Guests
You will have the entire house to yourselves. This is our downtown house and we will not stay during your visit. We are just a call or text away and during the summer, we can even take you out on the water to experience Low country life shrimping, crabbing, fishing, tubing, or to explore one of Charleston's barrier islands.
Noise Ordinance Clause: The City of Charleston enforces a 11 pm noise curfew. If a noise violation occurs the City police will issue a $1000 ticket on the spot. If a this ordinance is violated the land lord holds the right to with hold the security deposit.
Where do we start? The neighborhood has great restaurants, parks, bars, & grocery stores within walking distance or head to the King Street area for shopping, a trip to the historic Slave Market, take a carriage ride, and then hit the famous King Street nightlife. In addition to ranking #1 by Conde Nast, Charleston's restaurants have earned the cooking world's most prestigious awards and been featured on the Food Network, Anthony Bourdain, and others. We will point you in the right direction! You may even spot one of our local celebrities.
You are in the thick of it when staying here. Uber is an app away, or be adventurous and call for a Rickshaw! Either option will hardly cost you anything. Of course, you can walk! Taco Boy, Park Cafe, Riverdogs game, Moe's Tavern will get you started.
Other Things to Note
***Hospitality Tax and Fees***
1. By LAW the state REQUIRES us to charge a 13.5% hospitality tax. Prior to check in. It is required that you submit a check to the landlord made out to the department of revenue which can be mailed in along with the signed lease agreement. By law we must submitted all taxes via check or money order to the Department of Revenue. For you convenience you may make a PayPal payment to the landlord and the landlord will personally send a check to the DOR.
Beds: 1 King Bed, 3 Queen Beds, 6 Twin Beds, 1 Sofa Bed
About the area
1. Occupancy Clause. Occupancy of your group is limited to this number of guests on this agreement. Extra overnight guests will cause a request to depart, and / or an additional charge of $100 per person per night.
2. Animal Clause. Unauthorized pets are not allowed. All animals must be approved in advance and guest must sign a pet addendum. Unauthorized pets will cause a request to depart, and / or an additional charge of $100 per animal per night.
3. Damage Clause. You, the GUEST, are responsible for all damage, breakage or loss in the rental beyond normal wear and tear. You are liable for any and all damage costs.
4. Departure Condition Clause. You, the GUEST, agree to leave the premises in the same general and good habitable condition as found upon arrival.
5. Inspection or Repair Clause. You, the GUEST, agree to allow the OWNER, or an agent, to enter and view the inside of the premises for repairs or inspection in a reasonable manner and as necessary, without notice.
6. Age restriction clause. No one under the age of 18 shall be inside or outside of the premises without the supervision and presence of GUEST or another adult over 30 years of age. All Guests must be 21 years old. The person in charge of booking shall be 25 years or older.
7. Smoking Clause. There is NO SMOKING allowed inside the premises. Smoking is allowed on exterior decks and porches and outside on property. Evidence of smoking inside will incur a fine of $500 for additional cleaning.
8. Purposely left blank.
9. Violation Clause. Violation of any of the terms of this agreement may be cause for immediate termination of occupancy without refund.
10. Party Clause. Visitation parameters ~ Party parameters: Clause and Restrictions.
All group gatherings must be approved, arranged, and authorized in advance of arrival. There must be a signed addendum in order to have a gathering, rehearsal dinner, wedding, graduation celebration, wedding preparation party, bridesmaids gathering, breakfast drop-ins, low-country boils, or any kind of get-together events.
At times during your rental, a 3 or 4 friends might "drop-in" or "stop-by". A stop-by is different than a gathering or a party or a dinner.
Without pre-authorization, we do not allow parties, gatherings, rehearsal dinners, weddings, graduation parties, wedding preparation parties, breakfast parties, or any kind of celebration parties at the house that includes additional guests added to the contracted group, unless it is specifically approved, arranged, and authorized in advance of arrival. There must be a signed addendum prior to your arrival allowing the party.
A violation of this clause will cause a request to depart and/or an additional fee. Guest will forfeit entire deposit and will also be invoiced and required to pay a $1000 extra fee.
11. Parking/ Car Clause: The guests are allowed only two cars per booking. The landlord asks that if the guest have more than 2 cars that they be parked in nearby parking garages. This clause is in place to make sure that the parking spots of residents of the neighborhood are not occupied by our guests. There is one off street parking spot in the drive way and on street parking in front of the house.
12. Intentionally left blank
13. Liability of Host Clause. We have made every effort to ensure that the house is well maintained, sound, and safe. It is understood and agreed that we shall not be held liable for any injuries, accidents, or other harm.
14. Written Exceptions Clause. Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing, in advance. Verbal agreements are not valid or binding.
15. Items. Any personal items left by the guests after check-out will be shipped to you for a $30 charge plus the cost of shipping. Items left behind will be disposed of after 10 days.
16. Keys. All keys must be returned upon departure. Failure to return all keys will result in a charge of $100 for locksmith to re-key the house.
17. Sublet Clause. Guest is not permitted to sublet property.
18. Grill Clause. The propane tank is provided on a "share concept". We do not guarantee a full tank of propane. The tank can be exchanged by guests for a full new tank.
19. Violation Clause. Violation of any of the terms of this agreement shall be cause for immediate termination of occupancy without refund and / or a loss of the security deposit and / or additional fee surcharges as detailed above.
Claims and Assumption of Risk by Guest and your visitors and guests:
1. You, the GUEST, understand pleasure equipment, may be on the leased premises. The presence of these, and more, represent a potential danger to guests, children and adult members of the GUEST family and friends. You, the GUEST, on behalf of himself, herself or their family and friends and guests, hereby expressly assumes all and every risk associated with the presence and use of the House, the Docks, the Creek, the Marsh, the automobile parking, the floats, the pool, and any other equipment, and hereby agrees to supervise the use of such by members of the GUEST family and friends and guests. The GUEST shall hold the OWNER harmless and indemnified from and against all loss or injury to GUEST , members of GUEST family, friends, or GUEST guests arising out of the pool, or any property, including grill, parking under trees, kayaks, stand up paddle boards, ladders, floats, crab traps, fishing equipment, and any equipment provided or used.
2. The GUEST , on behalf of himself, herself or members or guests, hereby expressly assumes all risks associated with the use of the OWNER pools and equipment, and hereby agrees to supervise the use of such by members of GUEST family and guests. The GUEST , along with GUEST family and guests, shall hold the OWNER harmless and indemnified from and against all loss or injury to GUEST or members of GUEST family or GUEST arising out of the use of the boats and boating equipment, other equipment, and docks. GUEST agrees to defend the OWNER from, with counsel designated by OWNER all loss, claim, damage, liability costs and out of pocket expenses incurred by the GUEST use of any equipment.
3. Guest agrees to pay all court costs, and reasonable attorney fees incurred by Landlord in the enforcement of its rights under the Agreement.
4. GUEST agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the OWNER and their agents from any loss or damage, including attorney's fees, incurred as a result of any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, judgments, fines or penalties arising out of Guest's use or occupancy of the property.
5. Guest expressly waives the right to sue the Owner, it's agent, Landlord, or recover damages.
6. Guest agrees that all and any legal jurisdiction for disputes regarding Landlord is in Charleston County, SC. or the laws of South Carolina.
1. By LAW the state REQUIRES us to charge a 13.5 % hospitality tax. Prior to check in it is required that you submit a check to the landlord made out to the department of revenue which can be mailed in along with the signed lease agreement. By law we must submitted all taxes via check or money order to the Department of Revenue. For your convenience you may make a PayPal payment to the landlord and the landlord will personally submit a check to the DOR.
The driveway and off street parking space are yours. The back yard, deck, and grill are yours! Have fun and enjoy your stay in our home. We will be available to help in any way we can! Corn hole in the park? Got you covered! Brewery down the street & and awesome restaurants, grocery and liquor stores are 2 blocks away. Then Uber for $2-5 to lower King Street for a fancier night if you desire.