A vacation home with a "Historic Military Flare"
Pets allowed: Yes
This fully restored 4,000 sq. ft. barrack was home to the Cavalry 's 28-piece band. Built in the Classic Renaissance Revival style, Barnhardt Hall and all the officer 's homes on Barnhardt Circle are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Located just 8 miles south of downtown Chattanooga, this property is also located adjacent to the entrance to Chickamauga National Military Park, the nation 's oldest and largest Civil War Battlefield.
This beautiful home has 4 queen bedrooms, 2 bedrooms with sets of twins, and 4 full baths. Gas log fireplaces are located in the formal living room and the den. Recreation room is located upstairs with gas log fireplace as well. A full kitchen for cooking with all cutlery & dishes provided.
Tastefully furnished throughout with laundry facilities.
Fort Oglethorpe & Chickamauga attractions & restaurants are less than 5 miles away. Chattanooga's downtown Riverfront is less than 10 miles away.
You may want to relax on the rocking chair front porch, take a walking tour of the Fort Oglethorpe Historic District & 6th Cavalry Museum, shop locally or bicycle through the Chickamauga National Battlefield.
For the Family in Downtown Chattanooga
* Tennessee Aquarium (over 9,000 animals that swim, fly and crawl in natural habitats, sixty-foot canyon and two living forests)
* IMAX® 3D Theater (six-story state-of-the-art theater)
* Chattanooga Choo Choo (trolley rides available, largest freestanding brick dome in the world, Model Railroad Museum)
* Coolidge Park Carousel & Interactive Water Fountain
* Museums (Chattanooga Regional History Museum, Creative Discovery Museum, International Towing & Recovery Museum, Chattanooga African-American Museum, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum)
* Chattanooga Southern Belle Riverboat Cruises (departs from historic Ross ' Landing, enjoy dinner and the surrounding mountain views)
For the Military History Buff
* Point Park (built in 1905 to commemorate the 'Battle Above the Clouds ) - Lookout Mountain
* Chickamauga Battlefield (nation 's first and largest military park, preserves the memory of the Battle for Chattanooga) - Fort Oglethorpe
* Medal of Honor Museum - Chattanooga
* National Cemetery (12,000 Union soldiers are interred at the beautiful National Cemetery in Chattanooga) - Chattanooga
* Ringgold Depot (The Blue & Gray Trail) - Ringgold
* Tunnel at Tunnel Hill (major target of James Andrews and his men in 'The Great Locomotive Chase ) - Tunnel Hill
* Gordon Lee Mansion (the only structure remaining from the battle of Chickamauga) - Chickamauga
* Cravens House (During the battle of Chattanooga, both the Union and Confederate armies used Cravens' relatively opulent home as an observation post and headquarters) - Lookout Mountain
* Sixth Cavalry Museum (preserves the rich military history of the 'Fighting Sixth Cavalry, stationed at The Post at Fort Oglethorpe 1919 ''' 1942) - Fort Oglethorpe
* Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map & Museum - Lookout Mountain
For the Art Lover
* Hunter Museum of American Art (American art from the Colonial period to the present day) ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* Houston Museum of Decorative Art ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* Sculpture Garden ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* River Gallery ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* Working Artists Studios including Glass Blowing, Chocolate Making, and Bread Baking Studios ''' Downtown Chattanooga
For the Garden & Nature Lovers
* Rock City Gardens - Chattanooga
* Chattanooga Choo Choo Formal Rose Garden ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* Reflection Riding Arboretum & Botanical Garden (300-acre arboretum, botanical garden, and historic site dedicated to the study and conservation of native plant life) - Chattanooga
* Chattanooga Nature Center - Chattanooga
* Bluff View Art District's Sculpture Garden - Downtown Chattanooga
* Hunter Museum's Outdoor Sculpture Garden - Downtown Chattanooga
For the Adventurer
* Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park (features spectacular attractions and over thirty rides ranging from thrilling to relaxing and from breathtaking to mild) ''' Fort Oglethorpe
* Kayaking & Canoeing - Chattanooga
* Hiking - Cloudland Canyon (one of the most scenic parks in the state, offering rugged geology and beautiful vistas) and various other Chattanooga & Northwest Georgia location
* Cycling - various Chattanooga & Northwest Georgia locations
* Rock Climbing, Rappelling & Hang Gliding (Lookout Mountain Flight Park and Training School)
* Caving (Ruby Falls and Raccoon Mountain Caverns) ''' Lookout Mountain
* Golfing - throughout Chattanooga
* Crystal Cavern (one of the largest cave formation chambers in the Southeast) ''' Raccoon Mountain
For the Shopper
* Hamilton Place Mall (Tennessee 's largest mall with over 200 stores and restaurants) - Chattanooga
* Frazier Avenue in Northshore (eclectic variety of boutiques and restaurants) ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* Southside of Chattanooga (galleries, quaint shops and cafes) ''' Downtown Chattanooga
* Historic Chickamauga (eclectic mix of antique and specialty shops) ''' Chickamauga
|Jan 01 2016||Dec 31 2016||-||$350||$1,800||-||-|
|Apr 01 2016||Dec 31 2016||-||$350||$1,800||-||-|
|Deposits: $200 Security Deposit (Refundable)|
|Payment Options: Money Order, Personal Check|
|Other Fees: $80 Cleaning Fee (Non-refundable)|
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Chattanooga, Tennessee
New Orleans, LA
August 20, 2008
This is an awesome place to gather many people. We had 14 adults and 10 children and all of us enjoyed the facility. One of the bathroom needs a little repair in drainage all others works perfect
Summer Family Reunion
Summer Family Reunion
June 22, 2008
What a fantastic place for a family reunion. Big front porch, large fenced back yard and plenty with room to spare for 19 people. House decorated nicely but kid proof. Close to Chattanooga - about ten minutes away. Right by the Chickamauga Park and so so much to do!! Our group ranged from 3 to 70 and there was something to do for everyone in the area. We stayed 7 nights and still had many things on our list to do. The owner was very accomadating and helpful. Highly recommended for historical charactor and plenty of room!! Loved, loved it, loved it!!!!