Luxury Cottage with Whirlpool,Sauna & Guesthouse

Luxury Cottage with Whirlpool,Sauna & Guest House
Luxury Cottage with Whirlpool,Sauna & Guest House

From $89 / night

Luxury Cottage with Whirlpool,Sauna & Guesthouse
3 bedrooms
7 guests
7 night min

Overview Description


Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 1
Sleeps: 7
Type: Cottage
Per week: $1,500
Per month: $3,500 - $4,500
Pets allowed: No
Internet: No
Description of the Cobalt vacation cottage rental
This Beautiful completely newly renovated home will catch your attention.
Lake Home right on the water with road access and cemented boat ramp. Whirlpool and Sauna with
guesthouse make this property a breath taker.

Cottage Profile

Picturesque 1200 square foot 2 bedroom cottage plus guesthouse located on the shores of Portage Bay along the Montreal River in the Timiskaming District of Northern Ontario known for its pristine waterways and wilderness.

Portage Bay, accessed off the Trans Canada Highway #11 is the perfect spot to get back to nature and enjoy fishing, boating, hiking and exploring the area.

As you are approaching the cottage along a scenic, winding cold tared road see if you can spot a moose or other wildlife roaming amongst the trees.

Pull up to the cottage driveway and make your way into the comfortable cottage with its chinked cedar log walls, and be sure to check out the wall-mounted catches from the lake!

The efficient kitchen is fully supplied with fridge, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and more. The counter island has a couple of stool seats that look out over the living room. The dining table, with seating for six is situated by a large window with a direct view out to the Montreal River.

The L-shaped couch in the living room is the perfect spot to cozy up with a book, or enjoy the 50" HD TV with DVD player and Satellite TV for your entertainment.

The cottage has two bedrooms and a separate guest cabin. Inside the cottage, the master bedroom has a queen size bed and a 32" flatscreen TV with DVD player so that you can enjoy your favourite movies there too. The other bedroom offers a set of bunk beds with a single over a 3/4 bed, perfect for the kids.

The bathroom is a four-piece with a tub/shower. There is also a washer and dryer on-site for your convenience in handling your laundry needs.

Out in the guest cabin is a double bed, which is perfect for a couple looking for their own space. Also in this cabin is the sauna, which is great for sweating away all your cares! The cottage offers a hot tub for further relaxation.

There is a 35 foot dock at the cottage that is suitable for a boat up to at least 16' feet long if you bring your own. A concrete boat ramp with a gradual incline eases your access into the water. Portage Bay and the Montreal River are known for great fishing opportunities that include catches of pickerel, northern pike, whitefish, small mouth bass and more.

Enjoy a campfire together at the outdoor fire pit after you lounge in a Muskoka chair down at the shoreline deck, taking in the fresh air and the sunshine.

Head into the bay for a swim in truly fresh water. Entry is gradual to start but deepens for great swimming. The shoreline is a mix of stone and sand. A nice sand beach is located 500 metres away at the Portage Bay Lodge campground.

The city of New Liskeard is located a 20 minute drive from the cottage and that is where you can find shopping, restaurants, groceries and more. Go underground at the Cobalt Mining Museum or enjoy a round of golf at one of the area's golf courses. Then retreat back to your waterfront oasis!

The interior of the Cottage is brand new and so is the furniture. This home features 2 Bedrooms with
a Bunk bed that sleeps 3 and the Master bedroom features a Queen Log bed as well as a 32inch
Flatscreen TV. A 50inch flatscreen TV in the Livingroom makes a rainy day seem not so bad. The
Kitchen is equipped with a Dishwasher, Touchscreen Stove, Microwave and other "vacation"
machines such as smoothie maker. Washer and Dryer are a part of a clean Vacation!

This Home is right on the water. The guesthouse is separate but part of this package with Sauna and
Double bed. A large Deck with relaxing Furniture is what you can enjoy while listening
to the loons singing. After a long day of fishing you could enjoy a hot bath in the whirlpool that is
situated outside on the deck. Roasting Marshmallows in the Bonfire would finish the day off The
Property surrounding this home is very spacious and a great place for kids to play in the summer
and in the winter. A cemented boat ramp allows you to bring your boat and have fun on this beautiful
Lake/River. A newly added 4 person Paddleboat will let you exercise while having fun on the lake.

Katrin and Mario Chitaroni

Area Information
Besides fishing, boating, canoeing, water-skiing, tubing, ice fishing, skidooing or just plain relaxing
you could take a quick drive and explore the very historic area. cobalt

Sand Beach at Portage Bay Lodge 500m
Trans Canada Hwy #11 Access 6.5 km
Cobalt 14 km
New Liskeard 22 km
Lake Timiskaming 22 km
Cobalt Mining Museum 14 km
Haileybury Golf Club 22 km
New Liskeard Golf Club 25 km
North Bay 150 km
Sudbury 200 km
Val-d'Or, Quebec 250 km
Boat & Motor Rentals at Portage Bay Lodge camp 500 metres away
WJB Greenwood Provincial Park 20 km
Temiskaming Hospital, New Liskeard 19km

No apparent child safety issues

Check in and Check out:
Weekly rentals run from Sunday at 4:00 pm to the following Sunday at 11:00 am. Other check in dates available upon request.

Three stars out of Five. Good screening between the cottage and it's neighbours. The cottage is 500m from the Portage Bay Lodge camp.

The cottage is located on Portage Bay off of the Montreal River. Entry is gradual to start but deepens for great swimming. The shoreline is a mix of stone and sand. A nice sand beach is located 500 metres away at the Portage Bay Lodge campground.


Cottage not designed for wheelchair access

There is a 45 foot dock at the cottage that is suitable for a boat up to 20 feet long. The depth of the water at the end of the dock is approximately 4 feet (this can vary depending on weather/seasons).

There is a concrete boat ramp with a gradual incline.

Sunsets are visible from the cottage shoreline.

Drinking Water: well water
Dwelling Type: one storey cottage
Cottage Size: 1200 sq ft
Patio/Deck Size: 240 sq ft
Number of Bedrooms: 2 plus cabin
Beds: 1 queen, 1 set of bunkbeds with a single over a 3/4, plus a double bed in the guest cabin
Number of Baths: 1 four-piece with tub/shower
Television (50" HD, 32" flatscreen)
DVD Player
Satellite TV
Selection of DVDs and videos
Games and drawing books
Ceiling Fan
Air Conditioning Unit (window unit, by the dining table)
Hot Tub (4 person)
Basketball Net
Children's Playground Equipment
Outdoor Fire Pit
Propane BBQ
Patio Furniture (patio table, 2 chairs, 4 Muskoka chairs, 1 picnic table, 1 lounger)
4 person Paddleboat
8x8 raft

Maximum number of people: 7. Cottage sleeps 5 adults or children + Guest cabin sleeps 2 People
Individuals 16 years of age or older count as adults
No Home Telephone,
Pets Negotiable (small pets only, please contact)
Smoking not permitted inside the cottage
Linens and Towels are supplied
Renters are responsable to leave the cottage clean at the end of the rental period.

Available Weekly or Monthly

Weekly Peak season (June- September) CDN $ 1500

Weekly Off Peak season(Oct - May) CDN $ 1300

Monthly Peak Season (June - September) CDN $ 4500

Monthly Off Season (Oct-May) CDN $ 2500

Pets are not allowed unless with prior consent.

A payment of 20% of the total rental fee is required upon booking. The remaining 80% is due 30 days prior to the arrival rental date. Cash payment discounts available!!

About the owner

Owner Profile

Katrin and Mario Chitaroni

Katrin and Mario Chitaroni

Katrin and Mario Chitaroni

  • About:

    Our Family has operated a tourist camp for many many years. We wanted our own little place of heaven and it has become a place that people want to come back to for 5 years now. Offering a place to go for families to have fun and create memories is most important to us....
  • View full profile



Begins Ends Week
Weekly Monthly Min
Oct 01 2016 May 31 2017 - - $1,500 $3,500 1 Week
Jun 01 2017 Sep 30 2017 - - $1,500 $4,500 1 Week
Check In: 3 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m.
Deposits: A payment of 20% of the total rental fee is required upon booking. The remaining 80% is due 30 days prior to the arrival rental date. Cash payment discounts available!! Rates are in CAN dollars
Payment Options: Mastercard, PayPal, Visa
Other Fees: The cottage has a 7 person occupancy. A Fee of $75 is added for each additional person occupying the cottage.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: what fun things are there to do?
A: Besides relaxing..swimming in the lake, having fun on the 8x8 raft or going on the 4 person paddle boat you are able to sit by the bonfire and roast marshmallows. If you are fisherman you can fish off the dock as well.. you wouldn't believe the size of fish vacations have caught right off the dock.
Q: Do you allow pets?
A: We normally do not allow pets but make the odd exception
Q: what's the coolest nearby activity?
A: The Mining Town of Cobalt. Go on a underground mining tour or a hiking silver trail tour and discover the most historic Silver town of Canada. You won't be disappointed.
Q: how far are we from Toronto?
A: approx. 5 hours north on Highway 11
Page Views This month: 4 This year: 22 Since listed: 508