Delaware Beach Rentals & Apartments - 663 Rentals Available
Featured Delaware Rentals
Delaware is an ideal choice for families who want to experience a memorable vacation. Some families love to spend their vacation days on one of the beautiful beaches in Delaware. Other families plan their getaway around the sights and sounds of Bethany Beach boardwalk. Whether it's sailing, swimming or visiting an amusement park, families have an endless number of possibilities when it comes to having a great time in Delaware! At VHR, we know that many families look for Delaware vacation rentals by owner when they want comfortable accommodations that are close to all the action. We have an online selection of Delaware rental homes that has something for everyone. Consider some more things that make Delaware the go-to place for vacationing families:
Areas within Delaware
Some of the most popular vacation areas in Delaware include:
- Rehoboth Beach has many Delaware beach rentals available for families who want to be near a quiet beach along with a variety of other attractions.
- For families who love to kayak, sail, swim and relax on the sand, Bethany Beach is ideal.
- Fenwick Island is a scenic spot for a families looking for gorgeous views.
- Dewey Beach is a retreat by the sea with plenty of activities for families who want to golf, sail, swim and more!
Sightseeing in Delaware and Things to Do
Families staying in in Delaware can enjoy the attractions available all around them.
- Funland is a popular amusement park in the city of Rehoboth, DE. Families can ride the famous Freefall, the Superflip and the carousel or just enjoy the games on the midway.
- The Bethany Beach Nature Center is a wonderful attraction for families who are staying in Bethany Beach. They can walk the trails and learn about the animals and plants that make their home in the state of Delaware.
- Jungle Jim's Waterpark is a perennial favorite with many families who choose to rent a home or condo in Rehoboth Beach. They can't resist the excitement of the water slides and dream all year of taking a trip down the Lazy River.
- Families who want to visit Fenwick Island State Park often choose a nearby rental home so they can enjoy the fishing, hiking, boating and bird-watching there.
Regional Foods & Dining in Delaware
Families on vacation have the opportunity to enjoy all of the seafood delicacies that Delaware has to offer including crabs, lobster and shrimp. Bethany Beach restaurants serve up delicious seafood and more. Families should be sure to save some room for the famous saltwater taffy available in Rehoboth Beach.
Delaware Weather and Climate
In the summertime, cities in southern Delaware such as Bethany Beach, Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach have temperatures that range from the low 70s to the upper 80s. July is the hottest month of the year in this area. In the winter, temperatures can drop into the upper 20s and rise into the upper 40s. Swimmers enjoy ocean water temperatures from 60 to 70 degrees in the summertime. The precipitation range is around three inches most months of the year.
When to Visit Delaware
Many families arrange to stay in Delaware rentals in the summertime. They want to spend their time swimming, boating and enjoying the Atlantic Ocean. There are also a number of entertaining festivals. The annual Fourth of July parade in Bethany Beach allows families to enjoy the clowns, floats and festivities right alongside the locals. The Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival takes place in mid-October. Families can listen to saxophone players, drummers and singers who want to share their love of jazz music! The Sea Witch & Fiddler's Festival takes place in late October in Rehoboth Beach. Families can attend a craft show, listen to some local music and watch a pet costume contest.