Indian Rocks Beach Vacation Rentals & Condos - 105 Rentals Available
105 Vacation rentals
Filters applied: DVD player
Page 3 of 33
About Indian Rocks Beach
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida is a small coastal town perfect for vacationers looking for a quiet getaway. Wedged between the shimmering Gulf of Mexico and the Intracoastal Waterway, this town is a great place to enjoy some of the finest activities the Gulf of Mexico has to offer. The best way to experience the local charm is to stay in one of the many Indian Rocks Beach vacation rentals, which provide a comfortable and private environment without sacrificing beautiful surroundings.
Indian Rocks Beach is known for its great beach weather. During the summer, temperatures typically reach the 90s. The sun is stronger in the South, so lather on your sunscreen and be prepared for hot and humid days. The coolest month is January when the average temperature falls to the 50s. Bring layers as the temperature will vary throughout the day during this time of year.
Fly into Tampa International Airport and then rent a car for your stay. Driving is the easiest way to explore the strip of barrier islands along Florida’s Gulf Coast, but visitors have a few choices for getting around town. If you don’t have access to a car, hop aboard the Sun Coast Beach Trolley. The shuttle services the area between Clearwater and St. Pete’s Beach and makes stops near many Indian Rocks Beach condo rentals. It costs only $2 per ride and is an easy and fun way to get around town. For active families, local businesses like Rad Bicycles provide bike rentals.
Things to Do
Visitors who love quaint beach towns are in luck as Indian Rocks Beach is that and so much more. From lounging at one of the pristine beaches to exploring scenic surroundings, there’s much to do here. If you’re pressed for time, make sure you check out some of these highlights:
- Indian Rocks Beach: Often called “the world’s safest beach,” it is the heart of this sleepy Florida town. With 2.7 miles of quiet, sandy shores, this beach offers boating, fishing, swimming and many other fun activities.
- Lake Seminole Park: This wildlife sanctuary is home to eagles, alligators, waterfowl, and much more. It offers a two-mile trail for hikers and joggers as well as many benches and swings for those looking to relax.
- Indian Rocks Historical Museum: It is a little gem worth visiting if you’re interested in history. The museum is dedicated to preserving and sharing the area’s history.
- Indian Rocks Beach Nature Preserve: This 9.3-acre preserve is a must-see for nature-lovers. It includes a fishing and observation pier, paved hiking trails, picnic areas and many opportunities to see native wildlife and vegetation.
- Ocean activities: There are many fishing, dolphin watching, and scenic boat tours available. Reserve a spot with JawsToo or rent a boat from IRB Boat Rentals for a fun day on the water. Scuba diving, snorkeling and surfing are other popular activities in the area.
Out-of-town visitors will love experiencing the fun of local events and festivals held annually in Indian Rocks Beach. In March, GreenFest attracts environmentalists from all over and provides a great place for browsing and buying eco-friendly, local, organic products and services. The event also features live music and entertainment, food from local restaurants and lots of crafts and activities for kids. April in Indian Rocks Beach is known for The Biggest Beach Party Ever. With live music on the beach and plenty of good food, this giant beach party is a great way for vacationers to experience the fun Florida atmosphere here.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a safe place to bring the whole family, you’ll find it in Indian Rocks Beach. Choose from a variety of Indian Rocks Beach condo rentals and oceanfront homes to make your stay unforgettable.
What is Certificate of Excellence?
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers.