Panama City Beach Condos & House Rentals - 56 Rentals Available
56 Vacation rentals
Filters applied: Condo
Page 2 of 22
About Panama City Beach
A Short History of Panama City BeachThe area has been home to Native Americans for centuries and was first discovered by Spanish explorers in the 16th century. The founding of Panama City Beach coincided with the construction of the city’s first hotel and the beginning of the tourism boom in the 1930s. Ever since, Panama City Beach has been a top destination for beach goers and sun-loving vacationers.
What Panama City Beach Does BestPanama City Beach welcomes travelers of all ages with year-round fun. Swim almost every day of the year at the area’s numerous public beaches, go wild at Shipwreck Island Water Park, or search for shells along the beach. Go deep sea fishing with the pros in the Gulf of Mexico or book one of Panama City Beach’s many excursions to explore the area from a variety of perspectives. If you’re looking for a party, be sure to visit the Spring Break Capital of the World during the spring.
Sandy BeachesWhether you want an undeveloped stretch of sand or a party scene, there’s a beach for everyone in Panama City Beach. Take the boat shuttle to Shell Island for seven miles of secluded beach, where you can explore the sand dunes, spot ghost crabs and deer, and soak in your own private views of the Gulf of Mexico. Catch some rays at St. Andrews State Park, which boasts more than a mile of white sand beaches and activities like swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling. For a lively scene, check out Schooner’s Last Local Beach Club, where you can dip your toes in the sand while dancing to live bands and throwing back a beer or two.
Deep Sea FishingWhether you want a few hours out on the water, an all-day excursion, or a two-day adventure on the Gulf of Mexico, you’re in the right place. Book one of the many reputable fishing charters in the Panama City Beach area, and fish for red snapper, grouper, amberjack, and mackerel. Most charters will provide visitors with a fishing license, and some will clean and cook your catch.
Adventure ToursAdventure abounds at Panama City Beach, where you can choose from sea- or air-based excursions. Get a look at the area from above with a helicopter tour, where you can spend anywhere from five to 25 minutes taking in the beautiful beaches, sand dunes, and natural habitats from the air.
Take a speedy airboat tour through Panama City Beach’s marshland, or take it slow with swimming and a cocktail aboard a leisurely catamaran cruise. If you’d rather see the area on your own, rent a jet ski at one of Panama City’s many resorts and explore the Gulf at your leisure.
When you discover how much there is to do in Panama City Beach, you might want to stay awhile. The area’s many vacation homes make the perfect home base for exploring Panama City Beach, whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or family fun.
Panama City Beach Travel TipsWhen your family is chasing the sun, the quest stops at Panama City Beach. With its 27 miles of sandy shores and inviting blue sea, you’ll find amazing opportunities for things to do in the area. Find one of the many Panama City Beach condo rentals situated with easy access to the beach and get ready for an enjoyable vacation in FL. Browse the by-owner rental properties listed online with Vacation Home Rentals.
Explore the available Panama City Beach rentals to find a vacation home for your family. Once settled, you’ll be ready to see the many attractions located in the area.
- Beaches: Beaches and water activities abound at Panama City Beach, and they’re convenient to many Panama City Beach rentals. Rent equipment and try jet-skiing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, parasailing and kite-boarding. Don’t miss Shell Island as you explore Panama City Beach. This seven-mile stretch of barrier island offers sand dunes and peaceful opportunities to witness wildlife in its natural environment. Stroll out onto the Russell-Fields Pier, which extends 1,500 feet into the Gulf of Mexico. This is a great place to do some fishing.
- Parks: Visit Camp Helen State Park on the western edge of Panama City Beach. You’ll find beaches, hiking trails, sand dunes, and even a dune lake. St. Andrews State Park lies on the eastern edge of Panama City Beach. This park features beaches, hiking trails, abundant wildlife, and ideal fishing spots.
- Golf: Whether your family seeks tee time at a championship golf club or just an afternoon exploring a mini-golf course, Panama City Beach is sure to please. Courses are in picturesque settings to enable you to enjoy the beauty of the area while you golf.
- Amusement and Water Parks: Amusement parks are plentiful and within easy access of many Panama City Beach condo rentals. At Coconut Creek Family Fun Park, your family can enjoy mini-golf and a giant-size maze called the Gran Maze. The Gulf World Marine Park offers live animal shows and exhibits of animals. Family members can even watch staff feed sharks and turtles to learn about these marine animals. The Miracle Strip amusement park promises thrills and excitement as you explore the carnival rides and other attractions. Plan to get wet at Shipwreck Island Waterpark, with water attractions suited for everyone in the family.
- Fishing and Charters: Both serious and hobbyist anglers will enjoy the abundant fishing opportunities in Panama City Beach. Fish from the many piers or venture out onto the water for the day on a fishing charter to catch a variety of fresh and saltwater fish.
EventsSave these dates and plan your Panama City Beach vacation to attend one of the many local events. Reserve one of the many Panama City Beach house rentals with convenient access to events.
- Fall Fishing Challenge: Fishing enthusiasts should attend the Fall Fishing Challenge, held in October. Settle in at one of the Panama City Beach condos for rent and then throw a line into the water off of one of the piers; that’s all it takes to enter the contest to win a prize.
- Seafood and Music Festival: Don’t miss the Seafood and Music Festival, hosted in October by the Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy nonstop music and abundant seafood throughout both days of the event.
- Pirates of the High Seas Fest: Anyone enjoying pirate-themed fun won’t want to miss the Pirates of the High Seas Fest, held in October of every year. Make time for the street party, parades, pirate shows, costume contest, music, beach ball drop, and fireworks.
- Mardi Gras and Music Festival: Reserve one of the Panama City Beach vacation rentals and celebrate Mardi Gras in Panama City Beach style! Attend the Mardi Gras and Music Festival, held the weekend before Fat Tuesday every year. Come out for entertainment and mouth-watering food!
What is Certificate of Excellence?
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers.