from $140 / night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
- Log cabin
- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $140 - $500
- Per week:
- $833 - $2772
Description from owner
About the area
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
About the owner
Welcome to Cobtree Vacation Rental Homes, Finger Lakes. Pet friendly, Children and Disabled accommodations in the Beautiful Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York Home Away From Home in the Finger Lakes - Cobtree Vacation Rental HomesCobtree Vacation Rentals, Finger Lakes offer year round 3 Diamon...View owner's full profile
Other properties from ownerOtisco Deluxe Cabin by Seneca Lake at Cobtree Geneva United States From $262.4/night More properties from this owner
- Air conditioning
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Parking Included
- Pet Friendly
- Towels provided
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- CD player
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- Water sports
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Geneva, United States Have you been a guest of this property? Write a review Reviews (66)
– based on 66 reviews
“Unbelievably nice and well kept up”
We stayed here for a bachelor weekend retreat and enjoyed the cabin thoroughly. We highly recommend this location as it is clean, comfortable and great for a retreat.
Owner's reply: It is always a joy to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you for the recommendation.
The cabin is clean, the bed is comfortable, everything you need is available to cook/wash clothes/relax. The location and grounds are immaculate. AND it is pet friendly. You don't need to stay anywhere else.
Owner's reply: Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. It sounds like you truly found it "Home Away from Home". We also hope your pets enjoyed themselves too at the grounds and in the woods at Cobtree. Furthermore we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
“Overall it was a good vacation rental”
It was very neat and clean as described on the website. The only thing we missed is a swimming pool.
Owner's reply: Hi Sami, thank you for your review. Look forward to having your group again. Unfortunately a swimming pool is such a cost-prohibitive project because of so many burdensome safety regulations. But we are only a few minutes' drive before you can splash into the lovely Seneca Lake.
“too short a stay”
We were traveling through the Finger Lakes showing and Ozzie friend and stayed at the Seneca cottage. The views were fabulous, the house well equipped though it is a cottage so you need to bring personal items, towels etc. The best part? Our beagle came and was ready to stay, we loved the walks that run through the land. Well maintained and a place we've already have decided to visit and stay longer than the one night.
Owner's reply: Thank you for the kind review however, all of our homes are fully equipped and do include linens, sheets and towels, gas for the gas BBQ with free refills, free WIFI, cable TV, central air conditioning, cleaning fee included in rate, trash removal fee included in rate, camp fire areas with free wood that you can forage from our woodlands, beautiful lake views and surroundings. And as you rightly discovered, we are pet friendly in all but two of our ten properties at Cobtree.
My husband and I decided that we needed to get away, so I booked the Honeoye Cabin at Cobtree. We took our Golden Retriever, Casey, with us. No one else was there and we had the place to ourselves. The cabin was wonderful, we loved the view of Lake Seneca, and we could walk Casey on the trails right there on the property. My sister Nancy owns and operates Red Tail Ridge Winery, right down the street from Cobtree and we were able to celebrate her birthday with her, and to spend some time at her beautiful winery. We even had a little snow during the night, but we were toasty warm in the cabin. We will definitely go back again. We loved it!
“Wonderful stay at Cobtree”
We had a wonderful weekend at Cobtree. This is our second stay in one of the cabins. We love that it fits all of our needs. We like that the kitchen has everything that we need. We love renting the house since usually there are four of us and this time there was six. It beats staying in a hotel and not all being together. The cabins have always been clean and the grounds are well kept. We will probably stay there again.
“Home away from Home..”
Our stay in the Hemlock Cabin was everything we expected and MORE!! The cabin was exactly as listed, size, layout, amenities....The kitchen has everything you need to enjoy your stay, from pots&pans, glasses, even coffee, filters, tea and a wine bottle opener! :) The cabin was immaculately clean and welcoming. We will not only recommend this to friends and relatives but will be returning ourselves! Cant wait to come in warm weather to enjoy the views from the porch! We enjoyed the proximity to all the vineyards. We always love walking around Watkins Glen and took in Sushi from Hong Restaurant! Thanks again!
Owner's reply: Jane and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay last weekend and we look forward to the next time you decide to come and stay with us here. We do genuinely try our best to ensure that guests get a good bang for their buck and maintain our properties in a clean and fully equipped condition as you discovered! If there is anything we have missed or overlooked, just let us know and we will always do our best to rectify.
“Fantastic Finger Lakes Experience”
What a wonderful weekend stay at Cobtree Vacation Rental Resort. Greeted by the rich smell of cedar, our log cabin quickly became home with the comfortable furniture and luxurious linens. The beds gave us all great night's sleep and everything we needed for a great weekend away was ideally placed throughout the home. If I had to choose a favorite part, it would be the great front porch for it's comfortable furniture and great views. We plan on coming back to Lake Geneva for many years and plan on staying at Robert and Jane's Cobtree homes for each and every year.
“Finger Lakes Honeymoon”
Our stay at the Cobtree Resort was enjoyable from the moment we arrived! Our host Robert greeted us with his delightful English humour which made us feel like we were friends forever. The cabin (Honeoye) we stayed in was par excellant! The rooms were spotless and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed. The beds were very comfy and our surroundings quiet! We are looking forward to our next stay in the Finger Lakes and we will most certainly choose Cobtree again! Dennis and Maria
We have been staying at the Cobtree cottages any time we get the chance to go to the Finger Lakes. Always clean and a fabulous view of the lake. Would recommend to anyone!
Owner Supplied Testimonials
Extracts from Visitors Book
1. The view is fabulous. The peace and serenity are unmatched and the accommodations are excellent. The local food and wine is great. Along with all the nearby special attractions and the beautiful countryside, the is truly THE Finger Lakes Experience. If you can't relax here - you can't relax anywhere...
(Joanne & Larry Large from New Brighton PA)
2. Skeptical at first glance...This eternal escape turned out to be the most fulfilling voyages away from the congested and crowded fast-paced life that I live, yet I yearn to escape. Is the ultimate retreat and the gateway to a different state of mind.
(Mathew, Tara, Scott, Rooney)
3. Every year we take my elderly parents to an area of New York to enjoy fall (autumn)..was such a treat- comfortable, well appointed and relaxing....A highlight for my mother was having a 'cuppa' with Robert. Being from UK, she was THRILLED to connect with someone from her homeland...."
(Denise & Mke Pierce, Joan & Ted Snyder from New York)
4. We were all amazed when we walked through the door and saw how beautiful and comfortable this HOME is- inside and out. Your wonderful hospitality is apparent in every room of the house.
(Margaret Cassibo from Niagara Falls, Canada)
5. Beautiful Scenic location......Awe at God's creation.... Most peaceful days in years.
(Ronald & Ramona Burse from Lockport NY, Manylou Don Faix from Concord)
6. Love the view, the birds, wild turkeys, deers, woodchuck, very relaxing. Better than staying with relatives worrying about getting in their way or on their nerves.
(Jay & Josh Harru, Delaine & Jue Certo from Los Angeles)
7. Lovely Home away from Home, wonderful amenities, nothing overlooked. Thankyou for letting us sharing your lovely home.
8. Fantastically equipped for children. It made it a real pleasure staying here with a young family.
(Mr & Mrs Harvey from Somerset in England)
9. Loved the place. Everything was wonderful. This was much better than we had expected. We felt so much at home.
(Marian & Claylon Loushay from UA)
10. Absolutely beautiful place. For the price we paid we expected nothing like it. House is spacious. Nothing is overlooked. All the Amenitities are in place, every little detail is thought about. Would recommend to everyone.
A group of friends of reunion from Toronto, PA, Russia.
11. House was perfect size for the two families. We all love the Finger Lakes Region.
(Van Riel & Family from Canton MA)
12. Great house, great location...As a poet, I give you this: Location is everything...Food and wine for the belly. Water is smelly Sit in the sun, read on the farm.
(Sparke family from Pittsburgh PA)
13. The house is great. Very comfy and clean. Think you thought of everything.From the house, it was a day trip to Niagara Falls and many other nearby attractions and state parks. New York can't be beaten when it comes to fabulous state parks. Bill & Betty Wager from Colchester, CT. Mary & John from Richmond RI
14. This was the greatest trip and stay of my life.Hope to see you all soon.
(Jim Albert from Lindenhurst NY)
Thank you for the reviews. We actually are trying to be "green" here at Cobtree and 2 years ago we changed over to the low energy bulbs in all of our rooms. We have currently no plans to add additional lighting other than to perhaps increase the lighting in the two bathrooms which each already have 120 watts of light. The upstairs bedrooms in the cabins each have a lighted vanity light for putting on make up as well as the wall lights and bed side lamps. Indeed, there is a total of 11x 60 watts of light in the living/kitchen area as well as one stand light for reading. Each bedroom has a minimum of 3 x 60 watts of light.
Unfortunately, unlike a hotel or motel, we do not supply bar soap or any other form of personal hygiene items and this information is displayed on our online site and included in the reservation confirmation as well. We do supply liquid soap for all of our bathrooms (and spare soap is located in the cleaning cupboard) You will find most if not all vacation rental homes will not supply these type of items or even liquid soap in the bathrooms! Guests simply rent the property and are expected to bring these with them.
Also, more and more vacation rental homes do not supply towels and sheets and you have to take these with you and more and more properties are not accepting pets either. We ourselves have been considering whether to accept pets in the future as we are so fed up going around and picking up dog poop where the owners have not cleaned up after their pet. We shall see.....
Anyway, we do thank you for staying with us here at Cobtree