House is just 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo on the South side of Hilo Bay. It is at the end of a small beach road across the street from Richardsons Beach Park, the best known beach park on this side of the Island. Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
*Continue on to Ahalanui Park's warm pond and then snorkle at Champagne Ponds (tidepools) in Kapoho.
* Venture South beyond Volcano National Park to Punaluu County Park for lots of black sand and full time lounging turtles.
* Continue South for Punaluu Bake shop and South Point Road. Incredable vistas from the most Southern point in the U.S.
* Go North along the beautiful Hamakua coast and go horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley.
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.