from $85 / night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
- Log cabin
- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $85 - $85
- Per week:
- $491 - $491
Description from owner
Noah's Lark Mountain Cottage
Perched on the western slope of Bear Mountain our cottage, Noah's Lark, provides stunning year 'round views of the Appalachian Mountains and the Cherokee National Forest. In the valley below are a few family farms with green pastures for horses and cattle. The cottage is located in a tri-state area. From the wrap around deck one can see portions of Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina. Noah's Lark is a rustic cottage with all the amenities needed for a true mountain experience. There is no hot tub. It is located too far from a hub to have internet access. However, you can receive internet service via most smart phones. In general, and judging the feed back from renters over the last ten years, the majority of mobile phones work to varying degrees.
Noah' Lark is located in North Carolina and is 25 miles west of Murphy NC and 20 miles north of Blue Ridge Georgia.
Over the years whitewater rafters and kayakers have used the cottage as a bas e of operations because of its proximity to the Ocoee Rivers rapids, site of the 1996 Olympics for whitewater rafting. We have made it a priority to provide a comfortable setting suitable for family vacations, a couple's secluded get away, nature lovers and sports enthusiasts. Unlike many mountain cabins, there is ample parking space available for cars, smaller RV's and boat trailers.
-2 bedrooms with linens provided
-The cottage can sleep up to 5 people.
-2 bathrooms. (includes master bath).
-Central air conditioning and heat.
-Fireplace (gas). For winter time only.
-Full kitchen with dishwasher and microwave. Includes all cooking utensils.
-Full size washer and dryer.
-Wrap around deck overlooking the Appalachian Mountain range.
-Screened side porch.
-Plenty of parking for cars and boat trailers. Please use caution when backing out of the parking space next to the cabin. Especially at night. There is a drop off if you back your vehicle too far. There is a wooden fence with reflectors that marks the drop off but please be careful.
NOTE: Internet and Mobile phones. There is no internet access. The location is too far from a hub to get an adequate signal. Although I cannot guarantee it, most smart phones can pick up a signal
Adult dogs are welcome. Damage deposit. Sorry, no cats. Our 3 cats are treated like the Royals at our home but have been banished in shame from the cabin.
No smoking in the cottage. Personally, I love to sit out on the deck and fire up a cigar at sunset.
$ 85.00 - per night - (3 night minimum) + 15% Tax +
$ 65.00 cleaning fee.
50% deposit due at the time of booking. Refundable within 30 days. Full payment due if booked less than 30 days in advance.
Final payment is due two weeks prior to your arrival.
A thirty day written cancellation notice is required for ALL cancellations
- $ 560.00 Weekly rental
- $1,250.00 Monthly rental.
Directions lock box code and confirmation will be sent upon receiving your deposit.
Check-In time is 10:00 a.m. and Check-Out time is 3:00 p.m.
Directions to Noah's Lark Cottage:
From Atlanta (from the South):
1) Take I-75 North to I-575 North (Exit 268). This is also the Canton, GA exit.
2) Travel approximately 31 miles on I-575, and then it will become Zell Miller Parkway (also called GA 515).
3) Continue on 515 approximately 41 miles to Blue Ridge, GA.
4) Turn left onto GA 5 and go approximately 10 miles into McCaysville, GA.
5) GA 5 will dead-end into Highway 68 once you are in McCaysville.
6) Turn left onto Highway 68. You will now be in Copperhill, TN. Copperhill, TN and McCaysville, GA is the same town, except part of the town in GA and part of the town is in TN. You will actually see the state lines marked on a couple of buildings.
7) Continue on TN 68 for about 4 miles. Watch for Highway 64, which will split from Highway 68. Veer right onto Highway 64 (headed east) and continue approximately 4 miles until you come to the North Carolina State Line.
8) Once you come to the NC state line, you will take make a u-turn back into Tennessee (at the Stateline Fireworks Store). You will now be headed west on Highway 64, and you will take an immediate right onto Golf Course Road.
9) Follow Golf Course Road for approximately 1 mile until the road splits, and turns right onto Burgertown Road.
10) Follow Burgertown Road for approximately 1 mile and then turn right onto McAlister Lane. After turning right follow this road for approximately 1 mile (you will cross back into North Carolina). The road will take a 90-degree left turn, which will put you on Tater Creek Road.
11) Follow Tater Creek Road for less than one mile. Tater Creek Road will bring you to a fork in the road. Take the dirt road to the right that has the green Bear Mountain Estates sign, now partially hidden by a hedge. As you drive up be on the look out for a gravel driveway on your right. You will also see a "356" sign on the right. This sign marks the driveway to the cottage. It has beige cedar siding.
From Murphy NC (from the East):
Find highway 64 heading west and drive approx. 20 miles.
You will cross the Tennessee State Line and see the State Line Village (Fire Works) Store on your right. Immediately past the fireworks store, you will see a green sign on the right for Golf Course Road (the first road past the NC/Tenn state line)
12) Turn right onto Golf Course Road and follow it for approximately 1 mile until the road splits, and turn right onto Burgertown Road.
13) Follow Burgertown Road for approximately 1 mile and then turn right onto McAlister Lane. (The actual street sign for McAlister Lane is missing but there is a sign that reads "Bethlem Church"). After turning right, follow this road for approximately 1 mile (you will cross back into North Carolina). The road will take a 90-degree left turn, which will put you on Tater Creek Road.
14) Follow Tater Creek Road for less than one mile. Tater Creek Road will bring you to a fork in the road. Take the dirt road to the right that has the green Bear Mountain Estates sign, now partially hidden by a hedge. As you drive up be on the look out for a gravel driveway on your right. You will also see a "356" sign on the right. This sign marks the driveway to the cottage. It has beige cedar siding.
Beds: 2 Queen Beds
About the area
- Air conditioning
- Linen provided
- Parking Included
- Pet Friendly
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- CD player
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- Water sports
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Isabella, United States Have you been a guest of this property? Write a review Reviews (15)
– based on 15 reviews
My daughter and I decided to spend Thanksgiving in the mountains this Thanksgiving. We spoke about it in the past, but with it just being the two of us, we didn't know how much fun we would have. Well, my mom, niece and nephew ended up coming and we had a ball! The cabin was CLEAN, FULLY STOCKED, and the scenery was gorgeous. We really enjoyed ourselves.
“OFF ROAD PLEASURE”
The peace and quiet of the cabin was so relaxing. We enjoyed our time there and would rent it again. Just wish there was more yard to the cabin. We were able to have our pet dog with us which really meant a lot. The only thing was the beds were not real comfortable. Just having the time to unwind in this cabin was great. Thank you very much Les our trip was worthwhile.
The cabin was perfect. The views were amazing. We were able to relax and enjoy each others company as we took in stride no Wifi. It was a wonderful experience no to rely on technology to have a great time. Planning to return soon.
“Great secluded cabin with amazing views!”
We planned on staying at Noah's Lark for 4 nights but enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed an extra night! The drive up to the cabin from the main road takes about 15 min but is very scenic and fun. The cabin has amazing views of the valley below and mountains. You are nice and secluded which was exactly what we were looking for. It's about 30 min to any of the bigger towns (Murphy, NC or Blue Ridge, GA), we didn't mind the drives as the scenery is nice and the roads are fun! Our 6 year old daughter really enjoyed constantly crossing the borders of NC, TN and GA. This is the perfect quiet mountain getaway with loads to see and do around if you are willing to drive a little bit. The cabin was fully equipped with anything and everything you may need! The gas fireplace is awesome - it got cold for a few nights and being able to just click it on was so easy. We also really enjoyed being able to bring our dog along, it was so nice to be able to take a family hike and include her. It was the perfect quiet thanksgiving mountain get away that we needed! We'll be back for sure!
“October in the mountains”
Our stay was great! The cottage is just like the pictures and the video the owner can send you the link for. We drove and saw the fall colors on the 50 mile skyway drive in Tennessee and North Carolina. We enjoyed the view and the quietness of the area.
“Great Memorial Day weekend”
Our first vacation in years. The accommodations were excellent, the view fantastic! Close to Cherokee National Forest with lots of hiking trails and a scenic river. We will return. Carol and LB.
“The Perfect "Get Away From it All"”
Noah's Lark was a perfect vacation for my husband and me. Even better, we were able to include our two dogs on the adventure. The cabin had breathtaking views, and was immaculate and fully stocked with everything but food for the week. The owner was available by phone and by text to assist with questions. We hope to return soon for another visit. Thank you, Les!
My 3rd visit. So quiet and peaceful. Everything you need.sleep, eat, watch great TV. Cook out on the grill or sit on the deck and watch the sun slip behind the mountains. The only way you couldn't luv it is to not go. :)
Had a great time. We will probably rent it again. Cabin was crean, well equiped and quite comfortable. We had a nice relaxing vacation.
This cabin is immaculate. We enjoyed home away from home with all you could ever ask for. We were able to cook in or out, enjoy the fireplace, watch tv, play games provided with the cabin, or go out to eat nearby. We travelled easily to Tenn. and Ga. all close by. comfortable beds and very clean. Thanks Paula. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.