- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $175 - $175
- Per week:
- $1195 - $1950
3 Full baths
Description from owner
The Shell Shack on Shell Circle in Kitty Hawk is a charming beach cottage that offers total tranquility and revitalization; just minutes to the beach. Convenient to everything needed to make your stay the best.
*3 level single family home
* Sleeps 8 Beds (2 Queen Beds, 1 Double Bed, 2 Twin Beds)
*3 bedrooms with full baths
* Linens included
* Early check-in is available
* Pack-n-Play and high chair
* Pool and patio area with an enclosed outside shower
* Screen Porch with seating area that overlooks the pool
* Hammock on patio by the pool
* Gas grills
* 2 wide-screen TV's (50 in), plus 3 flat screen TV's
* Dvd/vhs and Blu-Ray players,with a library of movies
* Basketball goal
* Cornhole game
* PlayStatoin II and III with games
* Cable TV
* Wrap-around deck on 3 sides
* Large top floor Master Bedroom with private deck
* Short drive to beach (across the street - Route 158 - Kitty Hawk Beach Access with bathroom, showers and parking)
* 7 minute walk to beach
*Guarded beach during season!
* Enjoy sound side bike/walking paths
* Long driveway to accommodate boat or RV, Plenty of parking
* Located at the 4.5 mile post in Kitty Hawk
* The famous Black Pelican Restaurant is across the street.
* 7-11 within walking distance
* For approximate location go to the bottom of page/click local maps
* We will prorate your stay if a mandatory evacuation is made by Dare County
Read more Read less
About the area
Alan & Tonya J.
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
- Check in time:16:00, Check out time:10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- Air conditioning
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Parking Included
- Wi-Fi available
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- CD player
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- Games room
- Water sports
- 3 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Kitty Hawk, United States Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews (47)
– based on 47 reviews
This cottage had everything we needed. Very well kept and stocked with everything you could need for the week. Location was great- quiet cul-de-sac neighborhood with access to great walking/biking trails. Owners were responsive and helpful. Would definitely recommend to families.
“Laid back and loving every minute of it!”
this was our family's 3rd year in a row staying at the "Shell Shack" and all we can say it we love it. The owners are very nice people and are always just a phone call away. the house has everything you could ask for and more. There is always something to keep the kids occupied when you just want to hang out at the house. I would highly recommend this home to anyone that is looking for a great home at an affordable price. Alan and Tonya you are the best renters anyone could ask for and look forward to staying at the "Shell Shack" for many years to come!
“Great home, great owners”
We stayed at the "Shell Shack" in May 2014 and again in May 2016. Not that the house needed it, but the owners made a few improvements since our last stay and all we could say was, "Wow". It is such a clean & well kept home. We don't even have that many pot/pans at home. We even made use of the waffle iron. The owners, Tonya & Alan are the nicest people. We highly recommend the "Shell Shack", you won't be disappointed. We hope to get back there in a few years and hope the "Shell Shack" is available.
“Lovely vacation home”
Enjoyed the close walk to the albemarie sound and short drive to the ocean. During our stay, we enjoyed all the close restaurants and shops, we really didn't have to drive more than 10 miles to get anywhere during our whole stay! House was nice, as was pool and outdoor shower. Would return again, peaceful area and perfect atmosphere during the off-season. Also, owners were very helpful with questions and super friendly.
We found everything to be very clean. They had everything that we needed. We had a great time! Would go back again.
“Shell Shack Kitty Hawk, Noth Carolina”
The Shell Shack is located between the bay and the ocean. It is a lovely home well kept and very clean. We found the house to be spacious and well stocked with dishes and linens. The pool entertained us on hot afternoons and the hammock and the double swing were favorite lounging spots. Having two refrigerators was a plus!
My husband and I had another amazing stay here. Loved it and the owners are so pleasant too! Don't hesitate to reserve this house!
“loved the shell shack”
this place was great...had everything you needed and was extremely nice and clean....if we ever go back to kitty hawk I would definitely stay here again. The owner was very helpful and very nice
“First time but not the last”
We just returned home last week and we miss it already!! Beautiful home with all the comforts you will need. Fully stocked and great big TV for watching hockey playoffs!! Pool was warm and wonderful. Beds comfortable, I just can't think of a single negative thing. You can walk or bike to the bay or ocean in MINUTES. The owners were a delight to work with and only a call away if needed. We didn't need anything. Please don't hesitate to reserve your vacation now. Check out Blue Moon Grill, Hurricane Mo's, and Kitty Hawk Grill. We hope to revisit the area in the future. Suzanne
“Perfect home, wonderful owners, great experience”
My sister and I spent 6 days here with our partners for the Outer Banks marathon and had an absolutely wonderful time. The house is beautiful-super clean, nice, tastefully decorated, comfortable, and has everything you need! The pictures really don't do it justice-it was much nicer than we'd anticipated. The owners are fantasic-super attentive, and extremely easy to work with. They are incredibly welcoming and accomodating, and really go out of their way to ensure their guests enjoy their stay. I could not reccomend this vacation rental more highly.