Upscale Downtown Leavenworth Condo - Bear Serenity
From $113 / night
|Per night:||$113 - $299|
Pets allowed: No
The River Park Lodge is Leavenworth's newest and most elegant accommodations. High ceilings, rock walls and very convenient underground secured parking. Nothing compares.
The Owner has taken great care to use the finest furnishings and fully stock the home. Comfortable beds and furniture, fine kitchen ware, televisions, stereo and more. You'll love the kitchen with granite counter tops and a bar to the living room.
In this building, the first floor is really the second so you have an expansive view of the entire River Park. It is an easy stroll to the bridge and the mighty Wenatchee River. There isn't a better location in all of the Bavarian Village.
Visitors are calling the River Park Lodge and this home as the best of the best.
Just one block from main street and immediate access to the shops, cafes and year round events. Yet, the location is quiet and peaceful and you can even watch the wild life.
Long before white settlers arrived into the American West, the Wenatchi Indians inhabited the Valley from Steven's Pass to the Columbia River and into the present-day city of Wenatchee. They were joined in the early 1800's by mountain men who trapped and explored the region. By mid 1800's German and Swiss homesteaders were settling in the area. By the end of the century the Indians were all but gone. Leavenworth, originally known as Icicle, developed informally around a small group of homesteaders who settled in 1885 where the Wenatchee and Icicle Rivers meet in the Leavenworth Valley. Known as Icicle Flats, it was originally the site of a Native American salmon fishery.
The Great Northern Railroad began laying track up the Wenatchee Valley in 1892 along what is now Highway 2. One year later they crossed the Cascade Mountain range at Steven's Pass. Railroad history describes the construction as tough and dangerous. After completing the nearly impossible rail bed, Great Northern selected Leavenworth as their division headquarters and constructed a major switchyard there. This made Leavenworth an important rail head. The formal town was laid out in 1893 by the Okanogan Investment Company, and named for its president Captain Charles Leavenworth.
The population at this time was around 700 hearty souls. A small dam was constructed in 1904 at the south edge of town on the Wenatchee River to form a mill pond, and the Lamb-Davis Lumber Company built a large sawmill. In the early 1900's the first fruit trees were planted, and miles of irrigation canals were constructed developing Leavenworth's agricultural base. Logging and fruit agriculture are still important industries today. The town was officially incorporated in April 1906.
A CHANGE IN TIMES:
The triple-industry economy was very prosperous, and Leavenworth became a boom town with a questionable reputation. Its population rose to around 5,500 (today it's about 2,100) and it boasted numerous brothels, and even more saloons. However, the good fortune crashed as fast as the stock market. In the 1920s the two biggest sources of revenue disappeared almost overnight.
The sawmill closed and the lumber company relocated to a more profitable region. The Great Northern Railroad moved its headquarters to Wenatchee, and rerouted the rail line from the steep and dangerous Tumwater Canyon to the Chumstick Valley, by-passing Leavenworth. With the stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression of the 1930's, followed by the war years, Leavenworth's economy spiraled downward. These hard times plagued Leavenworth through the 1940s and 1950s. With little hope of an economic rebound, stores were closing and people were leaving as there were few job opportunities. However, in 1962 community leaders approached the University Of Washington Bureau Of Community Development looking for ways to save the town.
Out of this work came the idea to use the towns' beautiful natural surroundings and a Bavarian theme to attract visitors to the area. Two of the leaders instrumental in this effort were Pauline and Owen Watson, longtime residents of Leavenworth who owned and operated Alpine Electric. In 1965 the decision was made by key business owners to adopt the Bavarian theme and remodel their buildings.
Pauline created sketches of some of the storefronts and presented these ideas to other business owners. An agreement was reached and Project Alpine was formed to guide the Bavarianization of Leavenworth, with Pauline serving as chairperson for over ten years. In the summer of 1965, Alpine Electric was the first building to be remodeled into Alpine Electric and the Alpen Haus Gift Shoppe.
The town underwent an amazing transformation. The first six buildings were remodeled in 1965 and 1966, and the others soon followed. Autumn Leaf Festival and the Christmas Lighting were introduced in the mid 1960's, and the Maifest in 1971. Art in the Park and Amberleaf Theater began soon after. Today visitors from around the world visit Leavenworth to enjoy events such as Oktoberfest. Leavenworth enjoys sharing its heritage in European style shops or gourmet ethnic restaurants.
Today Leavenworth is a premier American destination for families and individuals seeking a unique alpine vacation experience among some of the West's friendliest people. Willkommen!
|Jan 01 2016||Dec 31 2017||$113||$299||$1,200||-||-|
|Check In: 4 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m.|
|Lodging tax: .111|
|Payment Options: Mastercard, Personal Check, Visa|
|Other Fees: $100 Cleaning Fee|
Reviews for this vacation condo rental in Leavenworth, Washington
Great place to stay
Great place to stay
October 19, 2011
The 2 bedroom 2 bath condo we rented in Leavenworth WA was very clean, roomy and close(5-10 minute ) walk to town. We will definitely rent again:) Thanks,
September 13, 2010
i guess i didn't pay attention to the fact that the second bedroom only had 2 twin beds....other than that, a very nice place!