- Log cabin
- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $212 - $384
- Per week:
- $1203 - $2348
2 Full baths
Description from owner
Beautifully-appointed 1850's authentic log cabin is fully restored with a new, great-room addition. An elegant and private master suite features a double-size shower for two. A working, stone fireplace adds to the master suite's romantic atmosphere -- appeals to the the passionate at heart!
A Sweet Water Hot tub for 6 and firepit adds to the cabin's outdoor attraction. Deck with handicap ramp features million dollar views of Kennedy's Peak and the famous Blue Ridge Mountains. Walk to a secluded fishing pond without leaving the property. Surrounded by nature, wildlife, with US Inland Fisheries and G.W. National Forest close by; affords easy access to G.W. National Forest for Horse Loverz . Pet friendly. Massanutten Boat Landing is walking distance. Bring your fishing boat - Bass fishing at it's finest.
The historic and elegant 1850's Massanutten Springs Retreat offers a perfect combination of a luxurious get-away and an action-packed vacation -- with a touch of pre-Civil War atmosphere. Within minutes of the 1850's Massanutten Springs Retreat is a public boat launch and nearby rental facilities are available to set you up jet-skiing, power-boating, canoeing or kayaking the South Fork of the Shenandoah River. Be our personal guests at 1 Rock Tavern River Kamp enjoying tubing, canoeing, kayaking, etc. Fees apply. The winter season offers nearby skiing and snowboarding --within minutes of Massanutten Springs.
With breath-taking views of the Massanutten Mountain as your backdrop, and a completely renovated, fully upgraded, pre-Civil War homestead as your location, the historic 1850's Massanutten Springs is a picture-perfect après-ski retreat! Massanutten Springs is a beautiful location for a family reunion, small outdoor wedding, or a Memorable Honeymoon.
The 1850's Massanutten Retreat is a haven for bicycle enthusiasts looking for that perfect starting point for their journeys. Bicyclists will enjoy getting an early start on their bicycle adventure at the 1850's Massanutten Springs Retreat. Within seconds of the driveway is Egypt Bend Road, where bicyclists may follow the officially designated Virginia By-way 211 in one direction and Fort Valley Road in the other. And easy trailer access to horse back riding trails that lead into the George Washington National Forest make the 1850's Massanutten Springs Retreat a clear winner among families, their friends, and their horses!
Within minutes of the historic 1850's Massanutten Springs Retreat, you can horseback ride, take an all-day bicycle trip, hike the George Washington National Forest, fish, golf, canoe, or jet-ski on the South Fork of the Shenandoah River to create the perfect balance of activities -- and relaxation. One of the best ATV areas in the region is within a 25-minute drive of Massanutten Springs, offering visitors 16 and older miles of off-road, four wheeling fun. Book early for the winter season -- think snow skiing, snow-boarding -- within minutes of Massanutten and Bryce -- a perfect starting point for your winter holiday adventure!
* Fort Valley Horse back Riding Stable - 15 minutes
* Shenandoah National Park - 20 minutes from entrance
* Shenandoah River State Park - 30 minutes
* Close by hiking / mountain bike trails -- GW National Forest
* 35 minutes from Bryce Ski Resort and 40 minutes from Massanutten Ski Resort
* Call Annette Cates ... Ask about tubing at 1 Rock Tavern River Kamp and more...
FEATURES - FEATURES - FEATURES!!!!
* Private, Master Suite features wood-burning fully-restored stone fireplace. Leather massage chair, master bath with garden tub and 5 ft. custom-built shower for two invites you to relax
* Washer-dryer provided
* Great-room / fully stocked kitchen
* Convertible Beds -Sleeper Sofa along with 2 Futons
* Sliding glass doors open to private deck with hot tub and million-dollar views of Massanutten Mountain
* Satellite TV
* Central heating/air conditioning
* Handicapped-accessible with ADA Approved bathrooms.
* Pet friendly
* An outdoor patio with grill and picnic table -- a perfect setting for an outdoor summer gathering!
* Spring-fed private pond with small and large-mouth bass and perch-- where you can fish without leaving the property!
* WALK to the Massanutten Boat Landing (public boat launch) --bring your toys / ask about ours, join a fishing tournament or rent from area outfitters.
* Bring your ATV's and Trailer to G.W. National Forest (only 20 minutes away)
*Massanutten Public Boat Landing, Bixler Ferry Public Boat Landing, and Gov't Public Boat Landings along with our Private 1 Rock Tavern River Kamp makes for lots of Shenandoah River adventures -- bring your own water toys, access ours, or rent from area outfitters: jet-skiing, tubing, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, motor boating and ATV's.
>Anthony's Pizza, MOK-N-SHE'S restaurant deliver
Read more Read less
About the area
Interaction with guest
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
About the owner
Proud owner of purpose built cabin for weekend rental (with romantic in mind) along with a design for those whom take care of elderly parents or handicap- to bring them with you -if need be and all be comfortable (You deserve a vacation!)View owner's full profile
- Check in time: 15:00, Check out time: 11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This rental can only be paid for online through Vacation Home Rentals using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
Damage deposit: $300.00
- No smoking at this property
- Bedroom 1: King bed
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Beds in other rooms: 3 Sofa beds
- Air conditioning
- Private garden
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Linen provided
- Mountain Views
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Pet Friendly
- Towels provided
- Wheelchair users
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- Private fishing lake or river
- Water sports
- Horse riding
- 2 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Luray, United States Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews (35)
– based on 35 reviews