- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $1575 - $2551
- Per week:
- $11020 - $17856
7 Unknown types
Description from manager
Villa Violino measures 600 sqm, develops on three floors plus the basement and is set on a 2000 sqm property.
* 1 entrance
* 1 double living room with period furnishings; French doors open to the terrace
* 1 spacious dining room with fireplace; French doors open to the terrace
* 1 well-equipped modern kitchen with five-burner stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, icemaker, microwave, toaster
* 1 bathroom with shower
* 1 second kitchen with Weber BBQ. The kitchen offers 40 types of wine and champagne available for purchase, and a separate refrigerator for beer (4 types).
Upper floor sleeps 8+1:
* 4 queen bedrooms with lake views
* 1 bathroom with double sinks, Jacuzzi claw-foot tub and separate stall shower with steam and water massage
* 1 marble bathroom with tub
* 1 bathroom with shower and hydro massage; overlooks the terrace
* 1 marble bathroom with Jacuzzi tub
* 1 study room with Internet connection; in this room an extra bed (single bed 105 cm x 200 cm) can be added on request when booking (at extra charge on the premises); lake view (please note that this room is accessed through glass French doors)
Mansard sleeps 8+1 (no lake view from this floor):
* 1 king bedroom (bed cannot be separated) with adjoining single bed (upon request)
* 3 twin bedrooms (beds cannot be joined)
* 1 large bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub
* 1 bathroom with shower
* 1 laundry room with washing machine
* Pool (can be heated), with Roman steps and hydro massage
* Jacuzzi tub (heated) for six (228 x 228 x 92 cm) in the garden
* Large 70 sqm terrace with lake view and BBQ
* Private dock
* Ping-pong table
* Table football
* Parking for 4 cars*
*Guests with walking difficulties should be aware that the parking is not on the same level as the villa entrance. An underpass connects the villa to the caretaker´s house, where the parking is located. The underpass has approximately 10 steps down and then up again.
Upon request, for those having walking difficulties, a single bed can be placed in the living room area on the ground floor (please note that the bathroom with shower at the ground floor is not wheelchair accessible).
In a wonderful setting with private lake access
Villa Violino is located in the most coveted part of Lake Como between the famous Villa d´Este hotel in Cernobbio and George Clooney´s residence in Laglio. The villa sits directly on the lake in a beautiful landscaped garden setting, with a private dock and a panoramic terrace with a stunning lake view.
The villa dates back to the beginning of the last century and still belongs to the noble Swiss family that coming on holiday to Lake Como fell in love with the magical landscape and decided to build their Italian holiday home on its shores. In 2008 Villa Violino has been completely renovated and carefully restored retaining many of its original features and balancing them harmoniously with modern comforts. The owners have tastefully furnished and embellished the décor with beautiful furnishings, fine tapestries and fabrics, paintings and period antiques.
Outdoors, the garden and terrace are ideal for al fresco dining. The terrace (70 sqm) faces the lake and you can enjoy the view or sunbathe in privacy. A Jacuzzi spa and also a swimming pool (that can be heated at additional cost) are located in the garden, as well as a ping-pong table and table football. Lake access for swimming is also available.
The convenient location, just a few kilometres from Cernobbio and only 7 km (4.4 miles) from the centre of Como, as well as easy access to public transportation (bus stop is 150 metres from the villa, ferry pier is 400 metres distant), makes Villa Violino an ideal destination for touring Lake Como. From the private dock, guests can rent a boat or use a comfortable water taxi to visit the famous Villa d´Este as well as the charming lake villages Menaggio, Bellagio and Tremezzo. Restaurants and shops are in walking distance. An 18-hole golf course is just 3 km away.
Villa Violino is on three floors with 600 square meters of interior space set on half an acre of walled gardens. As with all the lakeshore villas the lake road is located behind the property: the small loop road is close to the back of the villa so some noise is possible, but the villa has special triple-glazed windows and all the bedrooms except one, as well as the living room and dining room face the lake which minimizes any intrusion. In addition, the road behind the villa loops off the main road and is without trucks in an exclusively villa area without loud businesses of any kind in the immediate neighborhood. The garden is walled on three sides so only the lake side is open. There is a private pedestrian underpass to the parking lot on the other side of the road which is in front of the caretaker’s and owner’s houses.
Additional amenities: Airport distance:Switzerland/Lugano 50 km/1 hr Milano Malpensa 75 km/1 hr 10 min Milano Linate 80 km/1 hr 10 min Milano Orio al Serio 130 k
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($2,353.14) €2,000.00
- Please contact the owner
- Air conditioning
- Private garden
- Housekeeping Included
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- Boat available
- 7 Unknown types
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Moltrasio, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.