- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $694 - $1009
- Per week:
- $4854 - $7060
5 Unknown types
Description from manager
* Entry hall with beautiful mirrors and coat room
* Guest bathroom
* Large double living room (air-conditioned) elegantly furnished with couches and armchairs and a wood stove; large French windows overlook the garden and the two patios
* Gaming table area, with backgammon, chess, checkers, cards and other games, satellite TV, CD, Blue Ray 3D DVD player
* Large modern kitchen with gas range, 2 ovens, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, filter coffee maker, grill, fridge & freezer, juicer
* Laundry area with washing machine for staff only; however, staff will assist guests who want to use the washing machine during working hours
* External massage room acced through the garden
* 1 master bedroom (double bed) with a/c, decorative fireplace, TV, nice view over the pool and garden and the beautiful countryside; large en suite bathroom with oval tub and walk-in closet
* 1 double bedroom (double bed) with a/c, TV; en suite bathroom with shower, view over the countryside
* 1 double bedroom (twin beds) with a/c, TV, view over the countryside; an additional single bed is available (sofa bed); adjacent bathroom (in the hall) with cast-iron tub
* 1 double bedroom (double bed) with a/c; en suite bathroom with shower, view of the Apuane Alps (famous for their marble) and the Apennines on a clear day
* Reading room with decorative fireplace (no a/c) and a good selection of books in English and French
Garden for al fresco dining and salt-water pool (5 x 10 m). The pool has a pool cover, which can be used to keep the water warm during the night. Important: the pool is fenced off, while the cover is not a safety cover for children, it's just to keep water warm.
An elegant Tuscan farmhouse with glorious views
Casa Monticello is an elegant Tuscan farmhouse with glorious views over the rolling hills of Chianti. Art lovers will be exposed to an illimited choice of interesting excurtions. The location is ideal - between Florence and Siena and close to Certaldo, Montespertoli and San Gimignano, in the very heart of Chianti. One hour of driving takes you to the sandy beaches south of Pisa. Food lovers will no doubt succumb to the sophisticated simplicity of Tuscan cuisine. Trattorias, restaurants and a supermarket can be found in Montespertoli in a 15 minutes drive.
An typically rough road of 1.8 km leads to Casa Monticello through vineyards and olive groves. Although a 4x4 car is not necessary, the road is not recommended for sport low-slung balance cars. The original building dates back a thousand years and is part of the Borgo di Voltiggiano, a group of about ten properties, including the villa of the owner, which is about 300 meters from Casa Monticello. The two properties are separated by gardens and a high hedge and are not connected, ensuring privacy.
Casa Monticello was recently renovated and is beautifully decorated, with comfort and style in mind. The villa is decorated with beautiful terracotta tiles and beamed ceilings. The 2.5 acre property is entirely fenced. The lawn is bordered with rose bushes, cypress and olive trees. A patio by the pool provides shade as well as sun lounges. Attached to the house are two other patios, one furnished with table and chairs for al fresco dining and the other burnished with comfortable lounge chairs. The salt-water pool has a solar cover to retain the sun's warmth during the night; however, please be aware that this is not a safety cover for children.
The villa's location only 5 km from the railway station of Castelfiorentino is a good base to visit Florence and Siena even without a car: You can park your car in Castelfiorentio and take the train in both directions. During the week, trains to Florence/Siena and back go regularly (approx. every 1.5 or 2 hours). The train ride takes less than an hour. In Florence the train will take you to the main train station which is right in the centre of Florence - it is just a short walk from the station "Santa Maria Novella" to the Cathedral or the Uffizi. In Siena the railway station is located approx. 3 km from centre, and you have to take a bus to reach the old town on top of the hill. Approx. one hour of driving takes you to the sea.
Additional amenities: 4 mountain bikes (with helmets), Air conditioning throughout except for the kitchen and the second floor reading room, Airport distance:Florence 27 km Pisa 75 km Rome 280 km, CD player, Covered parking inside the property, Electric kettle, Electronic gate, Filter coffee maker, Fitness room located in the basement of the villa, Internet WIFI connection in the villa and by the pool, Iron and ironing board, Juicer, Large refrigerator with freezer, Laundry room (washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board), Pool: 5 x 10m / salt water pool, Private Chef, Stove with oven
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Since 1995 Hidden Italy offers some ...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($1,100.73) €1,000.00
- Please contact the owner
- Air conditioning
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Private garden
- High Speed Internet
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Wi-Fi available
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- 5 Unknown types
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Montespertoli, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.