6 BR / 6 BA / Sleeps 14 6 14 Min stay variesHome / 6 Bedrooms / Sleeps 14
6 BR / 6 BA / Sleeps 14 6 14 Min stay variesHome / 6 Bedrooms / Sleeps 14
12 BR / 12 BA / Sleeps 36 12 36 Min stay variesHome / 12 Bedrooms / Sleeps 36
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4 1 4 Min stay variesCondo / 1 Bedroom / Sleeps 4
16 BR / 17 BA / Sleeps 50 16 50 3 night min Home / 16 Bedrooms / Sleeps 50
5 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 14 5 14 7 night min Home / 5 Bedrooms / Sleeps 14
2 BR / 1.5 BA / Sleeps 4 2 4 Min stay variesCondo / 2 Bedrooms / Sleeps 4
4 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 10 4 10 7 night min Home / 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 10
16 BR / 18 BA / Sleeps 60 16 60 3 night min Home / 16 Bedrooms / Sleeps 60
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4 2 4 No min stayCondo / 2 Bedrooms / Sleeps 4
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6 2 6 Min stay variesCondo / 2 Bedrooms / Sleeps 6
7 BR / 5 BA / Sleeps 24 7 24 2 night min Home / 7 Bedrooms / Sleeps 24
4 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 12 4 12 Min stay variesHome / 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 12
5 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 16 5 16 7 night min Home / 5 Bedrooms / Sleeps 16
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 5 1 5 Min stay variesCondo / 1 Bedroom / Sleeps 5
4 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 11 4 11 Min stay variesHome / 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 11
6 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 16 6 16 Min stay variesCottage / 6 Bedrooms / Sleeps 16
3 BR / 1.5 BA / Sleeps 6 3 6 Min stay variesHome / 3 Bedrooms / Sleeps 6
5 BR / 3.5 BA / Sleeps 10 5 10 7 night min Home / 5 Bedrooms / Sleeps 10
5 BR / 3.5 BA / Sleeps 12 5 12 Min stay variesHome / 5 Bedrooms / Sleeps 12
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 5 1 5 3 night min Condo / 1 Bedroom / Sleeps 5
4 BR / 3.5 BA / Sleeps 10 4 10 Min stay variesTownhouse / 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 10
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4 2 4 Min stay variesHome / 2 Bedrooms / Sleeps 4
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 12 5 12 7 night min Home / 5 Bedrooms / Sleeps 12
8 BR / 6.5 BA / Sleeps 19 8 19 Min stay variesHome / 8 Bedrooms / Sleeps 19
12 BR / 12 BA / Sleeps 32 12 32 Min stay variesHome / 12 Bedrooms / Sleeps 32
4 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 12 4 12 Min stay variesVilla / 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 12
6 BR / 4.5 BA / Sleeps 16 6 16 Min stay variesHome / 6 Bedrooms / Sleeps 16
4 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 8 4 8 Min stay variesHome / 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 8
5 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 14 5 14 Min stay variesHome / 5 Bedrooms / Sleeps 14
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8 3 8 Min stay variesTownhouse / 3 Bedrooms / Sleeps 8
Beautiful beaches, world-class seafood, fascinating history, and a vibrant local flavor make North Carolina’s coast a wonderful place to visit. Coastal North Carolina vacation rentals are abundant throughout the region and provide the most authentic beach experience for a getaway in this area. Choose from charming beach rentals and historic, downtown homes to complete your trip to the coast.
Those enjoying a vacation on the coast of North Carolina will benefit from a subtropical, humid climate. Here, winters are usually mild with lows in the mid-30s and highs in the mid-50s. Snow is not unusual, but when it occurs it is usually only a light dusting. In the summer, temperatures range from the high 80s to the low 90s. Since this region sits right on the Atlantic Ocean, tropical cyclones can sometimes hit the area during summer months. Don’t let this deter your vacation plans though, as this usually only happens once every seven years.
Areas within Coastal North Carolina
The North Carolina coast includes many wonderful towns that draw thousands of tourists each year. The Outer Banks, Wilmington, and the small, historic town of Brunswick are some of the best places to begin your exploration of the state’s beautiful coast. More details about each area include:
- The Outer Banks is a lovely string of narrow barrier islands located just off North Carolina’s coast. People can visit the Wright Brother’s National Memorial, learn about the English Roanoke Colony through the outdoor drama The Lost Colony, or explore the Graveyard of the Atlantic, a watery grave of over 3,000 shipwrecks.
- Wilmington, also known as “Little Hollywood,” is a beautiful coastal town with much to offer tourists. Known for its thriving film industry, Wilmington has been the home of popular television shows like Dawson’s Creek and One Tree Hill, and it frequently tops the list of the most popular cities for filming in the country. It also boasts a vibrant local arts and music scene.
- The Brunswick Islands and surrounding towns, including Bald Head Island, Calabash, Oak Island, Southport, and Sunset Beach (among others) are wonderful choices for visitors who love history.
Things to Do
Some of the most breathtaking views in the South can be found along the coast of North Carolina. Wake up to a colorful sunrise at your Coastal North Carolina beach rental or spend the day outside at one of the many pristine beaches. A few things worth enjoying while in the area include:
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore: It was the first national seashore in the country and offers visitors opportunities for crabbing, swimming, surfing and fishing. The seashore is one of North Carolina’s greatest treasures and a must-visit.
- Historic Downtown Wilmington: With its scenic river walk overlooking the USS North Carolina Battleship and Cape Fear Memorial Bridge, this town is a great place to explore. End your day watching the sunset on the river as you browse eclectic, local shops and restaurants.
- Wilmington National Cemetery: This is a great destination for those interested in American History. At this cemetery, you’ll find markers that date back to the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.
- Visit a lighthouse: Many lighthouses can be found along the coast and a tour of any of them is an interesting trip on its own. The Cape Lookout Lighthouse on the Crystal Coast is a great starting point for any Coastal North Carolina lighthouse tour.
Food & Dining
Seafood fans will have a wonderful time on the coast. Visitors staying at one of the many Coastal North Carolina vacation rentals have the opportunity to taste some of the freshest oysters, crab, and shrimp in the country. From modest seafood shacks to upscale waterfront dining, the state prides itself on its seafood. Try lightly battered, fried seafood Calabash-style at the Waterfront Seafood Shack, carry out shrimp burgers from Big Oak Drive-in & BBQ in Salter Path, or enjoy a mouthwatering dinner from the Cape Fear Seafood Company in Wilmington. Breweries and wineries are also abundant along the coast. Visit Front Street Brewery in Wilmington for a taste of local craft beer or Silver Coast Winery on Ocean Isle Beach.
Coastal North Carolina hosts many annual events and celebrations that are sure to be fun for tourists. When planning your vacation around a local event, keep in mind that Coastal North Carolina vacation rentals are in high demand and fill up well in advance, so make reservations early. Popular events in the area include:
- The Azalea Festival: Taking place every April in Wilmington, this event is one of the most popular annual events on the coast. With tons of local food, vendors, and entertainment, the festival is a fun celebration of Southern charm and springtime pageantry.
- The North Carolina Seafood Festival: Held in Morehead City each fall, the event pays homage to the local seafood industry. Through live music, cooking classes, and fun fishing tournaments, this festival aims to educate the public on the importance of local seafood to the state’s economy.
The different parts of North Carolina’s coast are each unique in their own way and offer something for everyone in your family. Whether you’re looking for wind-swept beaches, historic lighthouses, or quaint downtown areas, Coastal North Carolina vacation rentals provide easy access to all the main attractions. Once you experience all that the area has to offer, you’ll want to return year after year.