Sunriver, Oregon Travel Tips
Nestled in the heart of Oregon, Sunriver is the perfect mountain escape with pristine high desert, lush greenery, and beautiful pine forests. Make memories that last a lifetime at one of the beautiful Sunriver, Oregon, vacation rentals available from Vacation Home Rentals. Nestled away near the Deschutes River, this vacation destination is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. This resort community is just a few miles from U.S. Route 97. Surrounded by the Deschutes National Forest, it’s often visited for its wildlife and unique activities. The Cascade Mountains to the west and the close proximity to the city of Bend makes the location of these Sunriver rentals the perfect family destination.
For camping, hiking, fishing, and more, you won’t want to miss the Deschutes National Forest
. Here, you can take a trip to the Newberry National Volcanic Monument, go horseback riding along the Junction Trailhead, and picnic by the beautiful Tumalo Falls. Bring along your binoculars! This unique location is a bird-watching and wilderness-lover’s paradise.
For family fun and adventure, check out the Wanderlust Tours in the winter or summer months. From breweries to snowshoe tours and cycling to moonlit walks, you are sure to find adventures to match any style. Winter activities range from skiing and snowshoeing to dog-sledding and snowmobiling. And in the summer, you can try your hand at fly-fishing or hike the Trail of the Molten Land at the Newberry National Volcanic Monument
Our convenient Sunriver, Oregon, rentals are just a short drive from the town of Bend. This relaxed mountain town offers a plethora of indoor and outdoor activities. Enjoy a wide range of eateries and tax-free Oregon shopping. A great destination of its own, Bend makes for a perfect day-trip with museums and attractions the whole family will love.
Some more of the attractions you will want to experience include:
- The Jennifer Lake Miller Gallery: Located in Bend, Oregon, just a few miles from Sunriver, the art in this gallery depicts life in America today and in years past.
- High Desert Museum: Those looking to get a glimpse of Oregon's wildlife should explore this museum. It features raptors, reptiles, mammals, and more.
- Sunriver Resort Golf Course: Spend a day golfing here and experience the beauty of the Cascade Mountains and northwest topography. The recipient of a number of national golf awards, the course brings guests through wetland preserves, forested meadows, and streams. It is known to many as Oregon's finest championship golf course.
- Sage Springs Spa: Looking for a great place to relax and rejuvenate during your travels? Head to a Sunriver spa and spend a day pampering yourself.
- Lava River Cave: Situated in nearby Bend, this natural wonder is a sight to behold. It is part of the Newberry National Volcanic Monument and is an example of a series of lava tubes spread throughout the area.
- Sun Mountain Fun Center: Located in nearby Bend, this family-fun center offers activities for every age group. Some of the fun includes batting cages, go-karts, and bowling.
Each season offers a range of new and exciting opportunities just a few steps outside of any of our Sunriver vacation rentals. Whether you’re visiting in the heat of the summer or the coldest week of the year, there is always family fun and a wide variety of activities available.
A visit in June means the color of the beautiful local flowers will be in full bloom. Don’t miss the Wildflower Show, with hand-collected flora from all through Central Oregon. For crafts, food, and three days of art-related activities, come in August for the Sunriver Art Faire.
In the cooler months, there is much to do both on and off the slopes. Cross-country skiing and snowmobile rentals can create photo opportunities of a lifetime. February is the Month of Chocolate, with cookie decorating for the kids, chocolate cocktails and beer for the adults, and a cooking-with-chocolate seminar for the whole family. In November and December, there are joyful holiday activities everywhere you turn. Attend the Sunriver Resort Harvest Festival for music, hayrides, and pumpkin fun. You can have lunch with Santa at the Great Hall and paint your own glass ornament at Santa’s workshop.
No matter when you plan your trip to one of our Sunriver vacation rentals, you’ll have plenty of events to choose from. Turf Tunes runs from July 7 to August 17 with free music on Sunday evenings. And there are fishing expeditions and community picnics all year long.
A trip to one of the Sunriver rentals from Vacation Home Rentals is a trip that you’ll never forget. You can book online and have peace of mind thanks to our Best Price Promise and Happy Rental Guarantee. Take the outdoor-lovers’ trip you’ve always dreamed of and focus on fun!