- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $972 - $1198
- Per week:
- $6801 - $8384
1 Full bath
Description from manager
MAIN HOUSE 450 m² (sleeps 7):
Ground floor (sleeps 3):
* Spacious living room with comfortable seating, original artwork, large country fireplace
* Dining room, opens onto tiled covered terrace
* Superbly equipped kitchen with large stove, marble-topped island, two refrigerators, fireplace for grilling, many small appliances to appeal to even the most avid cooks
* Cozy library with fireplace and collection of books on art, history, architecture; TV/DVD, sound system with large collection of classical music
* 1 double room with divisible queen bed
* 1 single bedroom
* 1 bathroom with shower
* Laundry room with washer & dryer
* Guest bathroom with shower
* Terrace with pergola for al fresco dining
Second floor (sleeps 4):
* 1 double bedroom (master) with non divisible king bed, ceiling fans and air conditioning; walk-in closet, en suite bathroom with large tub and separate shower; this bedroom opens onto private, furnished panoramic terrace with a stair that leads to the swimming pool.
* 1 double bedroom with divisible queen bed; en-suite bathroom with shower over tub
* The bedrooms are screened; there are ceiling fans and the three double bedrooms are air-conditioned, with individual controls for both air conditioning and heat.
A private outdoor staircase (near the entrance) leads to a separate apartment on the second floor of the west wing of the house:
West Wing Apartment 100 m² (sleeps 4):
* Living room with fireplace
* Kitchen/dining area, the kitchen corner is equipped with oven, fridge, gas range, washing machine.
* 1 double bedroom with non divisible queen bed and ceiling fans (no air conditioning); en suite bathroom with shower/tub
* 1 double bedroom with divisible queen bed and ceiling fans (no air conditioning); en suite bathroom with shower
Set on a hilltop of the rolling green hills of Umbria
Casa Amica makes you feel welcome the minute you arrive. Set on a hilltop, with views over the surrounding vineyards and across the rolling green hills of Umbria, this lovely stone farmhouse offers the best of both worlds - a peaceful, rural setting that is just minutes from the marvelous hill town of Orvieto. An unpaved road (1.3 km) leads to the house. A charming key holder who speaks fluent English will greet you when you arrive and is available to help with information and reservations to make your Italian villa vacation unforgettable.
Casa Amica has been carefully restored to balance the integrity of traditional elements, such as chestnut-beamed ceilings and whitewashed walls, with modern comforts, including some air-conditioned bedrooms and a private pool. Sunny interiors are furnished with comfortable seating and an interesting collection of local antiques and eclectic artwork, painted by the artist-owner or acquired by the owners on their travels across the globe.
The kitchen is the true heart of any Italian home, and Casa Amica’s kitchen is exceptional. One of the owners was editor in chief of Food & Wine magazine and loves to cook. She furnished her kitchen to delight anyone who cooks. Even if you never do more than make your morning coffee in this beautiful kitchen, the inspiring view from its windows makes something as mundane preparing your morning cappucino, a delightful way to start your day.
Outdoors there are three separate terraces in addition to the pool area, so there is plenty of space to dine beneath the stars or to find a quiet corner to relax privately or curl up with a book. Bordered by large pots of flowers, each terrace offers a lovely view of the countryside. Flower gardens surround the house, and you are welcome to help yourself to the fruit trees and the vegetable and herb gardens; wild fennel grows right by the front door.
The swimming pool is set on its own terrace, with a pergola for relaxing or dining and chaises with awning covers. Large white umbrellas provide shade, and a fountain flows into an antique stone basin next to the pool.
Everything is so charming and enjoyable, you may find it hard to go sightseeing. But start with your new home town, Orvieto. Its Gothic cathedral is considered the best in Italy. Twice each week, Orvieto hosts a renowned outdoor market. There are pictuesque piazzas, and lovely shops, wine bars and restaurants, including one our our favorites in all of Italy. Explore Etruscan tombs and underground caves. Views range from glances down tiny, ancient lanes to vistas over the ramparts to the valley below.
The location is one of the best for exploring Tuscany and Lazio as well as Umbria. Excellent high-speed rail service can take you to Rome in less than an hour or Florence in two. The Orvieto station is just 15 minutes from the house and has ample free parking. You'll be delighted to find that Umbria is a hidden treasure, less well-known and with fewer tourists than neighboring Tuscany, with its own charming and interesting hill towns, great art, magnificent scenery - without the crowds.
Casa Amica is comfortable in all seasons and is one of our fav
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($1,186.08) €1,000.00
- Please contact the owner
- Air conditioning
- Private garden
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- 1 Full bath
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Orvieto, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.