Artistic Haven in Downtown Phoenix Sleeps 8
|Per night||$109 - $139|
|Per week||$650 - $850|
"This place was awesome in every possible way and the hosts are very nice people. If I win the lottery I'm gonna buy this place."
"This is a great place to stay. Rooms are very comfortable, full kitchen, huge living room for everyone to gather in and ample parking for multiple cars, and Jody and Carol couldn't have been more accommodating. As a bonus, the house is seconds from the interstate and a stone's throw from the airport and downtown right in the middle of a great bunch of restaurants, galleries and shopping. Do yourself a favor and when you're in Phoenix, stay at Jody's. I know we will whenever we're back in Arizona."
This property is located in the heart of the Roosevelt Row arts district in downtown Phoenix.
* Top 1% of walkable neighborhoods in Phoenix, AZ
* Walk to Chase Field, Convention Center, Science Center, and pretty much anywhere else in the heart of Copper Square in 10 minutes or less
* Close to restaurants, sporting arenas, Phoenix Convention Center, Government buildings, The Arizona Center, Symphony Hall and countless art galleries and museums
* Salons, restaurants, bars, galleries, gift shops, and even a print-shop for your last minute conference needs -- right next door. This is the only vacation property in Phoenix that will give you this kind of an experience.
* 1650 square feet on a 7,000 square foot lot
* Sleeps up to 8
* Quaint bungalow built in the 1920's
* Wrap-around front porch
* Hardwood floors throughout
* 50" TV with cable and DVD player
* Beautiful red piano for entertaining your guests
* Office set-up with WIFI, inkjet and color printers, and extra office supplies
* Washer and Gas Dryer inside the house
* Crib, playpen and high-chair available upon request
* 1956 O'Keefe Merrit Stove with the griddle in the middle (just like you see in the movies) - and a fully equipped kitchen
* 9' ceilings
* Private Parking for 12 cars in the parking area
* 6 blocks from the light rail
* bus stop right across the street, and Central bus station less than .5 miles away
This fully furnished bungalow style house is located in the ever-growing Arts and Entertainment District in downtown Phoenix, Arizona, at 6th Street and Roosevelt.
* The centerpiece of the kitchen is a 1956 OKeefe Merritt stove, with a griddle in the middle.
* Enjoy homemade meals in a fully stocked kitchen with a side-by-side refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, juicer, coffee maker, water boiler, Cuisinart, plenty of dishes, and many other luxuries you will only find by staying in the home of a local.
* Sleeping arrangements include a king sized bed, a full sleeper futon, one twin sized bed (with the option for a second twin bed), three twin-sized aero-beds, and a very comfortable, clean couch -- making this the only place so close to all your favorite downtown activities that will also comfortably sleep 8 or 9 people.
* This is my home; so most modern comforts are included: wi-fi, cable television, DVD player, home telephone, inkjet and laser printers, iPod alarm clocks, heat, A/C, blenders, citrus and vegetable juicers, extra linens and towels, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, extra toiletries, and plenty of closet rods for everyone to hang their travel wardrobe for daytime adventures, and hot nights out in the city.
I've created a "manual" to the neighborhood with suggestions to the closest conveniences, delivery services, light-rail/bus maps, and other little pieces of info that will make your stay here even more comfortable.
Client bookings of two weeks or longer will receive bi-monthly housekeeping free of charge.
Again, this is my home; so I'm looking for cool people that will respect my home and enjoy its artistic history. We look forward to hearing from you!
This is the one neighborhood in downtown Phoenix where you can find three coffee shops in a .1 mile radius.
Looking for a bar? No problem... You are staying on Sixth Street, so just make a hop, skip and a jump to Lost Leaf Bar on Fifth Street -- serving hundreds of craft brews, and no driving is required.
Looking for an espresso and a Monte Christo crepe before your big day at the conference center? Walk two hundred paces, and you jump for joy at the amazingness of my favorite breakfast treat.
Two hundred paces too far to walk for breakfast? No worries! Tammie Coe cakes is directly across the street -- serving coffee, fresh bread, breakfast, lunch, pastries and of course, Tammie's world famous cakes.
Want nachos at 3am on a Friday night? Walk to NachoBot and have this insane, yet amazing desire fulfilled. Honestly, I never knew I wanted a nacho bar in the neighborhood, until it showed up. Now I can truly say I live in the coolest neighborhood in Phoenix.
Brunch on Sunday? $10 Pitchers of Mimosas? Walk from 6th Street to 4th Street, and you are at a full-service, joyous restaurant called Bliss/Rebar. There is a dining side, and a bar side -- so your brunch experience can be whatever you want it to be.
Vegan? Not a problem. Conspire Coffee Shop on 5th Street has you covered.
AND THIS IS JUST IN THE BACKYARD OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
There are so many wonderful independent businesses within walking distance to discover: The Downtown Phoenix Market (for locally grown, eco-friendly shopping), Revolver Records, Made Art Boutique, countless galleries, dance studios, Matt's Big Breakfast, Pizzeria Bianco,
And of course, you're staying here because you want to be close to downtown -- so all of the corporate establishments are also well within walking distance, as well. (My mom and I just walked to Chase Field for the Home Opener of the Arizona Diamondbacks, and I'm pretty sure it will remain one of my favorite memories - ever.) :)
That is exactly the reason why you'll love staying in my home - and exactly the reason I love sharing it.
I was lucky to buy a house in a burgeoning neighborhood before all of these wonderful stores and galleries popped up. So, it seems like this little oasis in the middle of a burgeoning artistic neighborhood -- and it is. It truly is a one of a kind house, and a one of a kind experience -- and it is such a joy to share that experience with people like you. :)
Walking distance to Chase Field, Arizona Center, Phoenix Convention Center, US Airways Center, ASU Downtown, the Genomics Center, and it is only a quick trip on the FREE Dash Shuttle to Arizona Government buildings, like City Hall. There is also a ZipCar lot, for your short trips that require a vehicle, less than a half mile away.
|Apr 12 2015||Aug 31 2016||$109||$109||$650||$2,400||3 Nights|
|Aug 02 2015||Sep 30 2016||$109||$119||$700||$2,200||3 Nights|
|Oct 01 2015||May 31 2017||$139||$139||$850||$2,600||3 Nights|
|Deposits: We do not charge a security deposit, but kindly ask that our guests treat the home as if it were their own.|
|Payment Options: American Express, Discover, Mastercard, PayPal, Visa|
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Phoenix, Arizona
San Fransisco, CA
January 30, 2013
We really liked this place a lot, they were so nice, they started us off with fresh fruit and muffins and other food stuffs. The neighborhood is really interesting and hip, and Jabot Coffee has the best java ever. They do need to upgrade the beds, only the master bedroom king bed was good, the futon sleeper and two day beds were bad. It would also be better to put a doulbe bed in where the day beds are as that room is right on a busy street and super noisy! Otherwise, great space, location, and hosts!
NOT TO TRUST RENTER: Zero stars if I could!!!!
August 5, 2012
I paid Jody Gnant almost $1300.00 of my very hard earned money to rent her NYC apt in May. She emailed (!) me in the middle of the night, hours before we were to fly out of NC, to tell me the apartment was not available. Within one hour of our departure, I found the cheapest hotel in Queens (since she had ALL my accomodations money!) and had to stay two nights there before finding a replacement apartment. Jody sounds like sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth. But let me warn you: she absolutely REFUSES TO RETURN MY MONEY, AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY OF THE MANY ATTEMPTS TO COMMUNICATE WITH HER!! It has been 10 weeks now, and thought if I just kept emailing, calling, etc, she would see I would not give up. BUT SHE STILL WON'T RESPOND, AND I HAVE HAD TO START COURT CLAIMS AGAINST HER BOTH IN NY AND AZ.